Star Trek: Discovery

Siliconemelons

the existence of Q makes up for well, anything..

But again it was the character that Q became, not just all in the one episode.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
LoL....shoot first.

It showed lots of promise right up until the moment she turns and sees a Klingon. I want to see new worlds, a trek among the stars, exploration, It's not called star trek for nothing.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I just realised that the abbreviation for this show is STD... :confused:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will we have to retire the Worf rating and find something more "modern"?

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Watched ep1 so far

My god is the writing shit. Hey there's a sand storm, let's walk a giant Star Fleet sign in the sand so they can find us more easily. That's totally how a sand storm works. Could have cut the entire scene from the show if that's the best they came up with character introduction.
Let's change Klingons for no reason! I guess there is a reason, but I don't religiously read their blogs. I really liked old Klingons. I guess no Michael Dorn Cameo that way.
M2F transgender without bothering with a name change to rub it in every single episode. In xisxer Vulcan schooling flashback that clearly was a boy, right? was it a boy actor?
M2F transgender commits completely career ending move and fails and probably will get away with it in Episode 2 anyways

Watching this *only* because it's Star Trek.

Wait, the main character is supposed to be a tranny?
I was thinking a girl named Michael was weird. But if he/she transitioned, wouldn't he/she have changed her name too? Which means everyone is just dead-naming him/her?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do any of the proxy tricks with Netflix to load out of country lists work anymore?

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, now the show's star, Sonequa Martin-Green, has decided to join the stupid kneeling BS with her instagram post of the cast supporting this stupid crap. Way to go, alienating more fans from the show. Some of the responses have been hilarious.

New Star Trek Show Joins NFL Players With Kneeling; Fans Now Leaving! ⋆ WayneDupree.com

It's not about what they're kneeling for or what cause these actors support. I could care less. They have a right to express their opinion however they want. However, to drag a show like this new Star Trek into today's political climate is so stupid. The show has gotten lukewarm reviews, plus it's behind a pay wall with CBS' All Access subscription service and it's the only exclusive show available. Who wants to pay that when Netflix offers way more for the same price?

All Senequa has done is hurt CBS and her own show by doing this. It's silly to do this when the show may not even get renewed for a second season. Way to go! If I was a CBS exec I'd be raining hellfire down on her right now.

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
So watched the first two episodes. My initial reaction to some of the dumb shit at the beginning of ep 1 echoes what others have said. However, once everything started rolling? I think Discovery is pretty awesome so far. I really love the visuals and I thought episode 2 was entertaining as hell.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I was a CBS exec I'd be raining hellfire down on her right now.

Oh sure, the execs are keeping close watch on their network show that isn't actually on a network.

Watching it like a hawk.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
FB_IMG_1506510921729.jpg

• 9Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You gotta admit that Les Moonves has pretty big balls. Not only putting the new Trek series on a streaming service that has no other content that would ever appeal to the core demographic of the show, but including commercials! That takes serious stones.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So watched the first two episodes. My initial reaction to some of the dumb shit at the beginning of ep 1 echoes what others have said. However, once everything started rolling? I think Discovery is pretty awesome so far. I really love the visuals and I thought episode 2 was entertaining as hell.

It was good, but I suspect the Klingons will be a "looming threat" background story and there won't be as much action going forward

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nah the whole season is an arc that deals with the Klingon War and we will be getting updates to the story from both sides. Two of the regular cast are Klingons and show as appearing in all or nearly all of the episodes.