Star Trek: Discovery

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How's that the low point? I don't see Neelix anywhere. Although, he was a regular for almost the entire series, so maybe you can't call it a low point, per se. Low line? Low trench?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Rock was arguably more dumb than anything relating to Neelix. He also became substantially less obnoxious after Kes fucked off.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
This is back tonight..

They're in the mirror universe.
It looks pretty damn interesting, the uniforms look badass, looks like it will be there for the rest of the season at least.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
yea such superior writing, i wonder what kind of role we'll put the Rock in?
N0nAjgx.gif

what the hell is this

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You know for a SJW show i find it funny
they killed an asian captain lady
they killed an indian security lady
they killed a black doctor gay

they killin all the bitches of color!!!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes, but perhaps not enough. Episodes 7-10 so far are significantly better than 1-5. It might just be because it's ripping off old star trek premises more though.
getting johnathan frakes to direct helps

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know for a SJW show i find it funny
they killed an asian captain lady
they killed an indian security lady
they killed a black doctor gay

they killin all the bitches of color!!!

Yeah, but...

They transformed an albino Klingon into a middle-eastern human guy so that makes up for it right?

Last edited:

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The Rock was arguably more dumb than anything relating to Neelix. He also became substantially less obnoxious after Kes fucked off.

Yeah but The Rock was on screen for a few minutes, while Neelix was around for 7. Fucking. Seasons. The fact that nobody sat down and said "we gotta write this fucking guy out" blows my mind just as much as how annoying he was to actually watch.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but The Rock was on screen for a few minutes, while Neelix was around for 7. Fucking. Seasons. The fact that nobody sat down and said "we gotta write this fucking guy out" blows my mind just as much as how annoying he was to actually watch.

Can you imagine being that actor though? His usefulness on the show was zero, he literally was there for plucky comic relief and he was horrible at it. 7 Seasons of why is this guy not dead? Quark should be the singular, shining example of a non critical character that is fleshed out and properly utilized. They failed so horribly with Neelix.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can you imagine being that actor though? His usefulness on the show was zero, he literally was there for plucky comic relief and he was horrible at it. 7 Seasons of why is this guy not dead? Quark should be the singular, shining example of a non critical character that is fleshed out and properly utilized. They failed so horribly with Neelix.
What about gul du Kat? Yea go on with your evil assassinating self, someone explain why there is even a tailor profession around?

On the other hand I didn't give any shit about the main cast, my fav character was the defiant.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What about gul du Kat? Yea go on with your evil assassinating self, someone explain why there is even a tailor profession around?

On the other hand I didn't give any shit about the main cast, my fav character was the defiant.
Can you not? Garak was great.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Most of the tertiary characters were great in DS9 - but then again DS9 was the farthest from "Trek" than any other series IMO, especially once it found its legs and went more procedural through the Dominion War. It helps that the setting was a space station vs. a starship. Gul Ducat was a pretty good on-again-off-again villain and the Cardassians as a whole were done well. Not overtly evil like a lot of rand_alien_species_01 can get. Why wouldn't you have a tailor? It was a front business for Garak anyways - and fashion/clothing is popular in trade, which is something that happens often on DS9.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hand made, custom tapestry, there's the whole subject of natural vs replicated that's touched on a lot. I just think it's funny if he was so famed for his work, why every time someone mentioned something he did, an arm or leg was too long, or it was too tight. (I'm actually in the middle of season 6 on another watch through)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Captain Killy was kinda badass

The whole Mirror Universe business has always been a bit of a stupid notion. Not so much that you have a world where Terrans are Imperialistic assholes but rather the parallel characterization. I mean how does someone like mirror Spock even exist? Did Sarek get raped by Warlord Amanda? With all the assassination and backstabbing how do people even manage to consistently end up in the same general place / position as their Main Universe counterparts?

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Captain Killy was kinda badass

The whole Mirror Universe business has always been a bit of a stupid notion. Not so much that you have a world where Terrans are Imperialistic assholes but rather the parallel characterization. I mean how does someone like mirror Spock even exist? Did Sarek get raped by Warlord Amanda? With all the assassination and backstabbing how do people even manage to consistently end up in the same general place / position as their Main Universe counterparts?

The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). In layman's terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large—perhaps infinite[2]—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes.

Bolded the relevant section for you. Mirror, Mirror has always been my fave TOS episode. The only silly thing in that ep happens when they first transport over, can you guess what it is?