Star Trek - Into Darkness

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the reason why people don't like star trek 4 is because it's all hippy dippy save the whales. that's it. the actual movie is awesome. lots of humor, lots of action, lots of drama. best in the series? no, not really... i personally prefer wrath of khan, first contact and undiscovered country (in that order) as films... but kirk saves the whales was just a fun movie. the premise is rediculous but it's much of a sign of the times in which it was made than anything else.

Siliconemelons

The thing with the orig series movies and TNG vs Reboot ST is that they all had their characters developed by years of the TV show- and the best "movies" are when the characters are the driving force behind the movie while the "story" plot is really secondary.... 2 it was so character driven but mainly focused on Kahns vengeance on the entire crew of the enterprise- almost every character got to "do what they do" in a high fashion- this is the same for ST4 each one had their moments and them splitting up into teams made it even more apparent - Kirk and Spock did the Kirk and Spock thing, Scotty and the Dr did their thing it was great- they got to show the lighter side of all their characters. ST6 it was the hero moment for almost everyone sans Ohura not knowing Klingong.

The Reboots do not have this, the characters all had to be re-created and really they are still coming into their own (Sans Karl Urban as bones- he knocked that part out of the park from line 1 in 2009) they now have two movies and a fairly good build on their characters, if the 3rd shifts more to character driven and then the 4th or 5th will reintroduce Kahn and it should- god willing- be insanely good.

Much like how many love Coyboy Bebop love ballad of fallen angels- each character in that episode get to be at the best of what they do- all of them are there etc etc- its the same with the cowboy bebop movie each one does their own thing and the audience enjoys watching spike do spike things, faye do faye things etc.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
For all of you thinking you are going to get the "5 year mission" I got news for you. It is going to be war with the Klingons, and not in a Dominion Wars kind of way, more like a 'what new way can we have Kirk sky-dive' kind of way.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I would rate the reboot higher than dead last. Star Trek V will always have that distinction for me.
Star Trek V is the worst of them all. And its not even remotely close.
I'm assuming people are suppressing their memories of Nemesis here. ST:V was bad inalmostall respects but at least it got some of the character moments right. Nemesis was just flat-out terrible and killed off original-timeline ST.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'm assuming people are suppressing their memories of Nemesis here. ST:V was bad inalmostall respects but at least it got some of the character moments right. Nemesis was just flat-out terrible and killed off original-timeline ST.
Until the reboots I blocked out all Star Trek movies past First Contact.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
First Contact wasn't good either. I mean, I'm assuming I don't have to discuss Generations. But you should go back and watch First Contact again. If you're of the age of most forum goers, your criteria for evaluating movies has probably changed since then.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
All of you are wrong, Star Trek Insurrection is the worst Star Trek Movie. A movie so bad, people forget it even exists!

And i liked Nemesis, it had some good action and a cool villian.

spronk

FPS noob
threads gotten too nerdy, here is alice eve on craig ferguson this week. goddamn she is gorgeous, i forgot she was in the new movie tho

Itzena_sl

shitlord
And i liked Nemesis, it had some good action and a cool villian.
rrr_img_43265.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Alice Eve, confirmed dime piece.

Actually got an audible "oof" out of me.

Good movie.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
StarTrek 1 is orders of magnitude worse than ST 5.

Same applies to that abortion they called Nemesis.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
StarTrek 1 is orders of magnitude worse than ST 5.

Same applies to that abortion they called Nemesis.
Nooooope. Star Trek: TMP was directed by Robert Wise and was, albeit a very slow movie, it was a very Trek movie. Sure it was 70's looking and they tried to get all 2001 with the really long, pointless effect shots, but story-wise, it was Trek. ST V was an abortion from the moment Shatner was made director. I'll grant you Nemesis is pretty awful, what with Data's retarded brother, but Troi gets mind-raped and any episode where Troi gets mind-raped is okay by me. Especially when it's Hellboy and Bane doin the cortex humpin.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nooooope. Star Trek: TMP was directed by Robert Wise and was, albeit a very slow movie, it was a very Trek movie. Sure it was 70's looking and they tried to get all 2001 with the really long, pointless effect shots, but story-wise, it was Trek. ST V was an abortion from the moment Shatner was made director. I'll grant you Nemesis is pretty awful, what with Data's retarded brother, but Troi gets mind-raped and any episode where Troi gets mind-raped is okay by me. Especially when it's Hellboy and Bane doin the cortex humpin.
Sheldon > Rajesh