Star Trek - Into Darkness

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Definitely one of the aspects of these new movies that irks me the most. Spock would have NEVER been in a "relationship" with anyone much less ahumanfemale. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Vulcans mate because of pon-far or whatever the fuck it's called? He wouldn't care about getting "ass". Furthermore, unions between males and females in Vulcan society are for purely "logical" reasons. Love and affection would have never entered into the equation for them. ESPECIALLY for Spock who, as we know is half-human, has every desire to reject that side of himself. Didn't anyone even watch the original series?
Simply because he is half human could explain how he could have a meaningful relationship with another human. And as for "rejecting" it...what? He went to Star Fleet and rejected the VSA offer to embrace hishumanmother's heritage.

And his dad loved his mom.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I would rate the reboot higher than dead last. Star Trek V will always have that distinction for me. Sure, the reboot had gaping plot holes wider than Sasha Grey's ass, but they got two things really right (for the most part): they got the characters right (again almost, I'm looking at you spock/uhura love story) and they solved any potential paradoxes by cleanly breaking the timeline so new stories could move forward.
Of course, they took this goodwill and freedom and gave us Khan Lite, which, let's be clear, was pretty horrible. But they left the door open for the five-year mission and getting those actors back along with a screenwriter and director that gets trek (maybe even Frakes), and you have a potential franchise goldmine. We'll see what happens.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Thought this article was interesting for those interested in the blu-ray of this movie:

http://gigaom.com/2013/09/01/the-rea...u-ray-release/

basically the TL;DR of it is that the blu-ray is having multiple versions sold at different stores, similar to how console games are shipped with different "exclusives" based on if you go to amazon, best buy, gamestop.. etc. Pretty retarded to exclude stuff from fans buying the DVD

Siliconemelons

I got the bestbuy exclusive because it came with a cinema now version early release (aug 20th) since I haven't seen the movie I wanted to see it- and will enjoy re-watching it once I pickup the actual disc come the 10th.

To me it felt rushed at the end, they should have left Kirk in the freezer and had Kahn escape or something... oh and I told you all it was Kahn just like I told you all TOR would suck, anyhow-

To me this was a character development story for Kahn, as Robocop was to me the actual villan with Kahn mixed in there. I watched the WTFilm or whatever its called on youtube as I enjoyed their Game of Thrones roundtables and the people where absofucking stupid. "The torpedoes did not have warheads, they put warheads in them to beam them to kahn" wtf? it was clear, during Bone's mr magic hands scene that they where armed- "why did kahn surrender?!" so easy? umm so they wouldent shoot his crew at him and kill his crew (and wife mind you) he put them in there as a last ditch effort to somehow smuggle them out from earth or away from Admiral Marcus' control.

I enjoyed all the little things to the orig series, the mention of Mudd was great- I loved that character when I was a kid watching TOS. I don't get why praxus, if that was praxus was blown up already but oh well.

all in all I enjoyed it, and after Dredd and this- fucking Urban has secured his man-crush status- he, of all the characters is so spot on yet new its great.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As long as we live in a world where a Star Trek movie exists that has them going back in time to get a whale....no other Trek will be worse.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For what Star Trek 4 is, that premise fits perfectly. 4 is actually one of the better movies, you have terrible taste.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The STORY of 4 was retarded but the execution of that story was great.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I never went back on what I said, the story was the worst of all the Treks, easily.
No one specifically mentioned story until pysek(notice how he had to capitalize it?), even your original statement is bereft of that detail. But just keep backing out of your own opinion.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not, it was an awful fucking movie because the story was retarded as hell. They told a shitty ass story in the best way they possibly could but it doesn't make up for it being a shitty story and a shitty movie.

Shit you're stupid, you're not very good at trying to twist someone's words around. You should probably try a new hobby.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You think this is a hobby? Pointing out your stupidity takes a couple minutes, at best.

Here, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Explain to me what was bad about 4's story. Not the premise, the actual story. And the whole time you're trying to backup your retarded stance, keep in mind that 4's premise and story are intentionally flimsy. The whole point was just to have Star Trek characters in present day San Francisco, with a dash of heavy handed environmentalism.