Star Trek - Into Darkness

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind Spock getting some trim, but I'd rather see screentime devoted elsewhere. The first movie had just about enough.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Perhaps in TOS something had happened that made Spock reject his human side and become the walking stiff we know and love. Wheras here with Vulcan being destroyed and the timeline completely changed that may not happen or simply has not happened yet. Seems... logical.

With the reboot Spock/Kirk undergo the most changes because their circumstances are altered the most, while the rest of the crew is left cookie cutter enough to keep things recognizable and fun. With Kirk they just took his.. Kirkness.. and turned it up five notches.

Hell, from what I remember of the pilot, Spock was just a normal guy with elf ears. All the cold logic shit was developed later.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Up the Kirkness 5 notches, meaning turning him into an action hero retard, which is not what Kirk was, at all.

nuday

Golden Squire
Perhaps in TOS something had happened that made Spock reject his human side and become the walking stiff we know and love. Wheras here with Vulcan being destroyed and the timeline completely changed that may not happen or simply has not happened yet. Seems... logical.

With the reboot Spock/Kirk undergo the most changes because their circumstances are altered the most, while the rest of the crew is left cookie cutter enough to keep things recognizable and fun. With Kirk they just took his.. Kirkness.. and turned it up five notches.

Hell, from what I remember of the pilot, Spock was just a normal guy with elf ears. All the cold logic shit was developed later.
I remember reading an interview with Chris Pine where he said that the "Kirkness", at least as far as mannerisms, was way toned down in the second film. I really hadn't thought about the Spock love situation with the new timeline in mind, but that is an interesting way to think about it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Shatner himself said Kirk was an action hero, the first of his kind.

Stop shitting up Star Trek discussions Dumar.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
There we go.

Also: Uhura was totally into Spock in TOS.
Sure Uhura dug the way he strummed the lute, hey brother; however, it was Chapel who had to change her panties after an eyeful of bowl cut and pointy ear.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think it is fair to say that between Kirk and Spock, most of the females aboard the Enterprise were moist 24/7.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
kirk was definitely the action hero. dunno if he was retarded, but he wasnt averse to hamming it up at least once an episode. spock had some chicks going for him too, but he wasnt interested. poontang wasnt logical for him unless it was every seventh year and he had him some battle spears to fight for chicks.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Or unless he got a faceful of spores. Then he totally got laid.

rrr_img_16834.jpg

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think it is fair to say that between Kirk and Spock, most of the females aboard the Enterprise were moist 24/7.
That's why they were the flagship for the federation. Any ambassadorial group got gang raped on sight.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Well that puts a whole new spin on Journey to Babel...

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
I took my (ex) girlfriend to see the first one and she is a total "anti-Star Trek, Sci-Fi, geek/nerd, anything" type person and when we walked out of the theater she said "THAT WAS AWESOME!" so basically yeah, there is no excuse for basically anyone to go see the next installment of this.