Star Trek - Into Darkness

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly man? The scriptwriter was just lazy and it doesn't matter. You've already put more thought into the justification for that action than he did.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
still maintained the focus that the previous Star Trek movies prior to the 2009 film carried.
I don't even know what the fuck this is supposed to mean. Is it English? I see English letters, but the words don't make sense together.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good movie that was a ton of fun.

Would have been better if it was 5 minutes longer so it could have a couple of throw away lines to fix the plot holes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actually didnt they send all the "torpedos" over to the bigass starhip and explode? the question that should be asked is did they kill all khan's people? i assume that cryo chamber was part of the sick bay.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Finally got around to seeing this tonight. I've got mixed feelings on it overall. It hit all the nostalgia buttons for me for sure. I thought the effects and the acting was all well done overall. I thought Cumberbatch did a pretty decent job at re-imagining Khan. I personally feel that Ricardo Montalban's performance was an impossible standard to hold Cumberbatch to so I was pretty forgiving of some of the voice-acting people were complaining about.

I didn't get the 'chess match' feel between Khan and the Enterprise crew like I did in Wrath, I wish they would have played up that more. Also I wish they would have found a way to end up with Khan and his crew on Ceti Alpha V. Overall the writing did leave me feeling like they just took a generic action movie, skinned it with Star Trek. Also, lens flare, yeah... I could handle it during some shots, but specifically when Carol was trying to talk her dad out of destroying the Enterprise it was terribly distracting.

One thing I noticed, when Kirk was flying into Qo'noS, did it look like Praxis had already exploded? Seems early in the timeline for that, but could be setting up the next movie. Klingons are aggressively expanding due to their homeworld dieing setting up a Klingon/Federation war.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good movie that was a ton of fun.

Would have been better if it was 5 minutes longer so it could have a couple of throw away lines to fix the plot holes.
The moon's gravitational field masked our warp signature, we were not detected.

Name the movie. Hint: it's another action movie with a bad plot that just happens to be called star trek.

The moon's gravitational field masked our warp signature, we were not detected.

Name the movie. Hint: it's another action movie with a bad plot that just happens to be called star trek.
Your Mom?

I saw "into the darkness" and I've been rewatching TNG.

It has brought me to the conclusion that motion pictures / tv scifi is meant for children.

If you want great acting or compelling drama read books. If you want an excuse to eat popcorn and nachos with a friend, go see the movie in the theater.

You can't really go wrong with explosions and popcorn for a few hours of entertainment. Although, if you are expecting more from this film then save your money.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thats what you get for fumbling with your gfs titties and not paying attention the the screen.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They took one of Khan's friends out of a freezer and put Kirk in to help save him.

They didn't:
* Take the blood of the guy they took out.
* Worry about the guy being unthawed wrong which was the stated reason for why they didn't do that before.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They didnt take anyone out of anything. Kirk was in sick bay. im sure the enterprise has their own cryo chambers and the khansicles were likely stored somewhere else. Least thats what I saw. Maybe you saw some deleted scenes of bones lugging a torpedo up to sick bay and shoving a khansicle out then jamming deadkirk in.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
they didn't show it but Bones said something like "we need a cryo tube. get him out of there but keep him in an induced coma" I'm shocked you missed something in a movie/TV show/book, Astro. SHOCKED!

Chris

Potato del Grande
They don't have their own cyrotubes because it's out of date technology, as said in the movie. Did you watch the first one or something?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
This isn't new, when it comes to following along with a book/TV show/movie Astro seems to have the attention span of an A.D.D kitten who just had its first taste of catnip.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh well then, if he said he yanked somebody out of their cryotorpedo to stick deadkirk in. ill concede the argument.
tongue.png

tongue.png