Star Trek: Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's amazing how razor sharp William Shatner is at 91. Meanwhile Patrick Stewart seemed to lack all endurance to even sit in a chair at the age of 80. His Comic Con panel this year was kept very short.

Shatner went on for hours, cracking jokes and delivering stories and punchlines while standing on his feet for well over an hour-- he had the vigor of someone still in his prime. Transitioning through subjects, going in depth, moving through questions, all while roistering and being entertaining. Stewart look wheeled out in a wheelchair, like he might make use of a diaper. He had to defer to Alex Kurtzman to answer questions he was asked which was played off as a joke. A little disappointing and takes a little of the hype down for Season 3.

The difference is an appalling reminder of this thing called genetics. That, or Shatner's doing some stemcell treatments.

spronk

FPS noob
reviews are out, mostly positive with a few negs. I think reviewers only got the first 6 episodes.

sounds like a member-berries season but that is at least better than the shit fest that was s1 & s2. Critics liked season 2 anyways so they are fucking retards

1676040485004.png

Season 3 begins in a week, Feb 16th, and runs for 10 weeks / 10 episodes. Its probably best to wait until all the episodes drop and binge it, sounds like some of the episodes are mediocre at best.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Episode 1 out.

A nice start. I already want a Titan series, wonder if this could serve as a backdoor pilot for one, but guessing not.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

10 episodes total, critics and users seem to like episode 1 at least

1676586409615.png

but lol

1676586424909.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Solid first episode, although first episodes have usually been ok for this series. Curious to see where this goes

my thoughts/theories:

1) the kid will end up being Picard’s
2) Section 31 is involved somehow with the stuff going on
3) Episode seemed to focus on memories a lot, be it losing them or recalling them. I suspect Picard’s memory will become a key plot element during the show’s run
4) Neo-Constitution class is cool - basically a more modern ToS Enterprise design

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good start.

When the big bad ship pulls up, I was like "HELL YEAH"!!!!!

1676589900610.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Really solid start.

Also I 'borrowed' this episode and was VERY sceptical since it listed as 1080p but was only .5gb. Holy shit have they gotten compression down. Even the blacks look good.

I'll probably 'borrow' a 4k version later, if the season is good. You know for prosperity.

Edit: thought s1/2 sucked

also damn age, beverly fucked her face up, just be old dammit

• 1Seriously?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Really enjoyed the first episode. Thought it felt 90% old Trek. Loved the music. Classic shit right there.

One thing annoyed me, minor though, is the Titan travelling from Earth to the "edge of Federation space" in what? a few hours? Not sure how fast warp 9.99 is but that still seems a little too quick.

Cybsled

Warp 9.99 is pretty damned fast in Trek and conventionally treated as about as fast you can go without shit getting weird (at least based on that Voyager episode). As for how fast, I’ve seen anything from 7900x the speed of light to 21000x. But the real answer is “as fast as the plot needs it to be”

Federation space is approx 8000 ly across, but no clue on how far from Earth to the edge they wanted to go to was

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I did like that they officially moved into the 25th century with this episode. It really does feel like they are using this season of Picard to set up a 'Next Next Generation' style exploration of Starfleet in the early 25th century. I'm somewhat different in that I like the jump that Discovery did to the distant future as that allows the exploration of wholly different ideas, but there is still plenty of fun to be had in the 'normal' timeline before the great Temporal War.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I did like that they officially moved into the 25th century with this episode. It really does feel like they are using this season of Picard to set up a 'Next Next Generation' style exploration of Starfleet in the early 25th century. I'm somewhat different in that I like the jump that Discovery did to the distant future as that allows the exploration of wholly different ideas, but there is still plenty of fun to be had in the 'normal' timeline before the great Temporal War.
One of the reviewers that has seen the entire season commented that it does set things up for Star Trek to move forward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
fun stuff , still don’t understand what the F season 2 was about , but season 1 was fun …

last dance .

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Has me interested again. Guess I'll slog through that garbage of a season 2. Hopefully the Star Trek show runners are finally getting it.

• 1Solidarity

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider

Has me interested again. Guess I'll slog through that garbage of a season 2. Hopefully the Star Trek show runners are finally getting it.
Watching this and I only watched season 1 episodes 1 and 2. Thought the first episode of season 3 was solid, dont really care about the lesbian spy chick though. Just can do without her story, not sure what she adds that 7 of 9 doesnt?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watching this and I only watched season 1 episodes 1 and 2. Thought the first episode of season 3 was solid, dont really care about the lesbian spy chick though. Just can do without her story, not sure what she adds that 7 of 9 doesnt?
She's a woman of color. That's what she adds. Unless you mean the young girl?

• 1Like

Cybsled

That Critical Drinker review mentioned the plot tied into the TNG episode
Conspiracy. That was the one where those worms were infesting Star Fleet and they blow that dude's head and chest open with phasers to reveal the worms.

In the various Trek books, I think they tried to explain the Conspiracy parasites were related to the Trill symbiotes. I'll be curious if they go that route in the show