Star Trek: Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
someone give a tldr what the noggers deal is? shes hooked on drugs and is a conspiracy nut? idk, i ff her scenes

Cybsled

She's working undercover for Starfleet Intelligence and apparently working solo with a yet-undisclosed handler (everyone is guessing the handler will be Worf based on some hints the show left us). She is trying to figure out who stole some advanced technology that can be weaponized.

For the Worf reveal, they better have the handler send a message asking to meet at a bar. Then Raffi is waiting at the bar and the bartender gives her a prune juice, and says it is compliments of a klingon.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not subscribing to whatever their streaming bullshit is called just for this. Put it in CBS or CW and I will give it a go.

spronk

FPS noob
was gonna just wait for the season to finish and binge (less painful) but since RLM is reviewing it i watched and really enjoyed it. Its a real shame s1 & s2 couldn't have this level of quality, sans the bad Rafi scenes. damn that dumb bitch really cannot act. It was obvious from the start she wasn't really a spacemeth head, and I think her plot was supposed to be she's a druggie and kicked out of star fleet but she wants wants to get back in and is asking drug dealers about a mega weapon (quantum torpedos something something) and use that info to get back in. that makes ZERO sense, no fucking drug dealer is gonna know about megaweps, believe a stringed out junkie has infinite amounts of money, or that starfleet would accept random intel from a junkie. I thought the voice she was talking to was the usual "evil AI who is now taking over starfleet", hope thats not the plot.

anyways time to watch the RLM video

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm digging the 'we haven't talked in 20 years...' but. Too many times in things like this you have people that seem to maintain anchored to the people they knew over the course of the the series and seemingly next-to-no connections to anyone else in the intervening decades.

Those of us past a certain age realize that sometimes even people who were your absolutely favorite people you just fall out of touch with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

By the way, that was one pretty horrific weapon.

The main suspect in the attack

1676833530876.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Despite everything I won't lie, the nostalgia of seeing all the Star Trek stars once more is a treat to me.
Feels like that is really what this season is about, one final sendoff before all the actors get too old and die and I'm fine with it.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
First ep wasn't bad, although I was a bit confused by Seven's thoughts there - she seems to be treating it like a job at an office instead of the military.

Sure you can be sick of your CO's shit, but mutiny and stealing a warship should be the kind of thing that gets you prison time, not fired no ?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First ep wasn't bad, although I was a bit confused by Seven's thoughts there - she seems to be treating it like a job at an office instead of the military.

Sure you can be sick of your CO's shit, but mutiny and stealing a warship should be the kind of thing that gets you prison time, not fired no ?
That was the part that kind of bugged me as well. I wonder if that comes back later with perhaps a cover story that makes what she did plausible. Imagine if Number One had done that to Jean Luc. I beleive there were a couple of episodes where indeed he did but the reasoning was damn good. There better be a damn good reason other than just "It was a gut feeling". You do not just countermand an order.

• 2Like

Cybsled

It will be nice if they handle it like Trek’s in the past. What I suspect will happen is the “do not trust Starfleet” thing will get revealed and Shaw will be slightly more understanding. But they should still have him reprimand Seven and explain that even though stuff worked out this time, they can’t have people countermanding the captain

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

starfleet rejected her when voyager came back even when she served on voyager and got the rank of master chief, lulz, thats why she was a ranger instead but thats also how they got icheb and took him apart

her service experience is being a cog in the collective, then ranking up so high serving on the only ship in the gamma quadrant w/ what amounts to a rag tag group of misfits and tag alongs that they pick up a long the way, then she is in a militant militia force before becoming robot picards adventure buddy, who used his sway to make her a commander rank after he was "supposedly" done adventuring.

shes only in starfleet b/c of favortism (whatever is closer to neopotism)

somehow captain stick up his ass found her to be an excellent choice for 1st officer

Cybsled

Assuming he has a say. Could just be the higher ups just put her there whether he wanted it or not.

Although given Shaw’s focus on efficiency, it wouldn’t half surprise me if that is what made Seven appealing: Borg are efficient, if nothing else

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Shit you know Picard will come in and save the day for her or this is a way to get her on the Picard crew.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I assume she could say Riker or Picard gave her an order and she followed it.

She should definitely get a talking to but it seems he dislikes her in general due to her borgness.

Cybsled

That wouldn’t fly, because technically Shaw outranked both. Picard is retired and Shaw, as captain of the Titan, would override any authority Riker would otherwise have even thought Riker is also a captain

Oldbased

> Than U
Shaw bigot'd her in the meeting. I'm guessing she files a complaint to Star Trek Woke HR and justifies the mutiny due to his nazism.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That wouldn’t fly, because technically Shaw outranked both. Picard is retired and Shaw, as captain of the Titan, would override any authority Riker would otherwise have even thought Riker is also a captain
lulzz riker is still a ranked captain
00251ec0987b28d1d338f1108f15d0d2.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
lulzz riker is still a ranked captain
00251ec0987b28d1d338f1108f15d0d2.png

When Janeway got back she was promoted to Vice Admiral skipping Rear Admiral entirely and then got promoted again to Admiral soon after.

And she worked with the Borg to develop bio weapons.

• 1Worf