I can't help but read this title now as Star Trek:
Picard2.png

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm not so hard on CBS, Enterprise was good once they established the characters and actually started telling stories (just skip the theme song). The weird part was it's totally opposite in Discovery, no character building whatsoever, but Pike was sooooo damn good and could carry that show singlehandedly. Putting Patrick Stewart in that lead role just puts the nail on the head and we already have the characters built. Easy peasy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its going to be theme heavy, like the synopsis that was leaked before production started. All indications in the trailer match the original synopsis.

They had a vision and it was realized. The show might be over some heads in current year, and fail to gather an audience.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pilot:

Seven: Jean-Luc, you are the only one who truly understands what it is like to be me

40 minutes of borg sex.

Would you watch?

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So many directions they can go with this. I am curious as to whether or not the "Enterprise" will make a showing. The clip showed only a quick glimpse into the non-federation ships. Wil Wheaton making a cameo is conceivable, given the history between Picard and Wesley Crusher. Wil already expressed strong interest in the idea but did not think the producers would ask. I hope this is as good as the potential of it. Discovery did not grab me in the same way that many of the other versions of Star Trek did.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So many directions they can go with this. I am curious as to whether or not the "Enterprise" will make a showing. The clip showed only a quick glimpse into the non-federation ships. Wil Wheaton making a cameo is conceivable, given the history between Picard and Wesley Crusher. Wil already expressed strong interest in the idea but did not think the producers would ask. I hope this is as good as the potential of it. Discovery did not grab me in the same way that many of the other versions of Star Trek did.

The first scene should be Wesley getting run over by a Klingon tank.

Twice.

• 4Worf
  • 4Like

Cybsled

with the new SJW Klingons and then we switch back to regular Worf ones

They should repeat the DS9 joke where the crew is incredulous that the people near them are Klingons and have Worf say “we do not talk about it”

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Q is the key to all this

Well I mean, TNG started with Q and Q brought the Borg to the federation and made them aware of the federation many many many decades before the borg would have naturally found them.

So yes, anything "Borg" is technically Q's fault.

Yes there is the line of thought that, the federation is the only thing that could withstand the Borg - and if the Federation grew unawares of the Borg- and then by the time the Borg would have found/spread to the federation they would be even MORE advanced and the Federation would have had 0 chance of survival - so by exposing them early, he actually saved them....and then in turn got the federation hardened for the Founders.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well I mean, TNG started with Q and Q brought the Borg to the federation and made them aware of the federation many many many decades before the borg would have naturally found them.

So yes, anything "Borg" is technically Q's fault.

Yes there is the line of thought that, the federation is the only thing that could withstand the Borg - and if the Federation grew unawares of the Borg- and then by the time the Borg would have found/spread to the federation they would be even MORE advanced and the Federation would have had 0 chance of survival - so by exposing them early, he actually saved them....and then in turn got the federation hardened for the Founders.

I always like to think that the conclusion of the arc that began in Encounter at Farpoint and continued in Q Who is completed in Star Trek First Contact when Q finally proves that Jean Luc is nowhere near as evolved and as civilized as he likes to imagine himself to be. Hide it well you might but you have the same capacity for savagery and bloodthirst as did your ancestors.

Also here are some amusing rambles -

docstartrek.jpg

• 8Worf

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I always like to think that the conclusion of the arc that began in Encounter at Farpoint and continued in Q Who is completed in Star Trek First Contact when Q finally proves that Jean Luc is nowhere near as evolved and as civilized as he likes to imagine himself to be. Hide it well you might but you have the same capacity for savagery and bloodthirst as did your ancestors.

Also here are some amusing rambles -

View attachment 216229

ST: FC was a fun movie, but it wasn't very TNG like and they more or less ignored Picard's established behavior from the series. So not really.

• 1Like