Star Trek: Picard

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well, this certainly looks far, far, better than Discovery.

Has shades of Star Trek III plotline, but looks really good.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TNG + Voyager era plot lines with Discovery level production values but doing the 25 years later better than Star wars? They might be able to shit all over Disney in the first season alone if this delivers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I have no idea why any of you have any hope for this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

I have no idea why any of you have any hope for this.
Because if this fails then Star Trek is essentially done and will be below average garbage for the next generation or two. The movies didn't build anything and the other show is a dumpster fire. That and it looks like they are making an effort for this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Star Trek is dead, has been for a while. DS9 was the last good piece of Star Trek media that explored thought-provoking topics. Voyager and Enterprise attempted to, but their execution sucked. Everything else since then have been imposters borrowing the name.

The real irony in this day and age, fucking everyone has their own show or niche. If you really wanted to return to a story-driven Star Trek instead of the flashy bullshit we have now, I'm pretty sure it would find its audience.

Also, Alex Kurtzman is involved, you're wrong, this will be shit.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That trailer felt manipulative and somewhat grotesque.

I have no faith whatsoever in the people running Trek these days, if they want people to get on board then they should be highlighting their writing team instead of playing on nostalgia. Show us that you've gotten the message you blithering idiots.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I trust Patrick stewert wouldn't be a part of a shit sandwich star trek show. That's my only hope for it to be good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I love TNG, but I'm not going into this thinking it's the savior of the franchise, because the same people behind STD are behind this too. They shoved a lot of nostalgia in there with a lot of the old cast, which is sometimes a cover how bad something might be, but Patrick Stewart is usually great so I hope it'll be decent anyways.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hoping this will be good but I'm expecting it to be one episode of the old cast reminiscing and then the rest of the season will be mindless action scenes with a younger cast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Patrick Stewart LITERALLY voiced shit in the emoji movie. I don't think he really cares anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
Star Trek Picard will debut on CBS All Access on Jan 23d, 2020 and only be available on CBS All Access (and torrents). Season 1 will consist of 10 episodes, airing week to week like Discovery, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

From various articles there is a known plot detail with some actor knowledge.
The original actor who played Hugh is back and he confirmed Hugh is on a borg cube. There's speculation the scene with Seven crying over a person is a dead Hugh and other aware drones after their cube was attacked.