Star Trek: Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone remind me why the RLM guys(well, just Mike really) don't like Rick Berman?

I have to imagine that really hardcore Roddenberry4ever trekkies will never forgive Berman for DS9, because DS9 dirtied up the dream and those cracks created in the vision were exploited by lesser writers to bring us garbage like Discovery and Picard.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Which is dumb considering how little time they had to think of a way to wrap things up when they were in the midst of some pretty good storylines.

Was the ending good? No, but it sure as hell coulda been a lot worse.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have to imagine that really hardcore Roddenberry4ever trekkies will never forgive Berman for DS9, because DS9 dirtied up the dream and those cracks created in the vision were exploited by lesser writers to bring us garbage like Discovery and Picard.
But Berman was involved with TNG from the beginning too?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remove the reboot movies and Discovery, put out Axanar and some more development into Picard and maybe they'd have a shot. But the universe is getting the Section 31 (Discovery vision) + Captain Pike series? Dead in the water.

Much like the Uncharted movie and other projects why do retarded executives keep demanding prequel shit for established universes?

This deserves reposting for those who haven't seen it yet

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Someone remind me why the RLM guys(well, just Mike really) don't like Rick Berman?
TNG Movies compromising the brand with nonsensical storylines, action for the sake of action and characters doing the opposite of what they would do on the TV show.

Watch the Star Trek Plinkett reviews.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The thing I like most about Wesley is the idea that he's Picard's illegitimate child and/or that Picard sent his father on a mission he knew was likely to end in tragedy so he could get all up in Beverly's ass on the reg.

As completely ridiculous as that fan theory is now that I write it down I see it would be in keeping with this new show. Look for the big reveal in season two of Picard!
yes
source.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
The problems this show has extends far beyond that typical all first seasons suck. I don't see how they fix it without getting rid of Kurtzman and hiring someone like Berman, Behr, Moore, etc...(and Patrick Stewart doesnt even want this probably)

I did give up on Discovery midway through season 2, it's hard to see where this goes beyond this season, I'd almost be shocked to see Picard survive the season.

Kurtzman really doesn't do much day to day with Picard, the showrunner for season 1 was Michael Chabon who is now working on his own other show and will not be showrunning season 2. Season 2 is already greenlight with a bigger budget, California is apparently giving it also a massive tax package to film in cali ($20m+).

so yeah, we'll see I guess. I doubt Berman would be brought on board but if someone who is more a TNG fanboi is brought on to course correct season 2 could be good, or it could continue to be the meh show that season 1 so far is. By all indications the show would end at season 3.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Kurtzman really doesn't do much day to day with Picard, the showrunner for season 1 was Michael Chabon who is now working on his own other show and will not be showrunning season 2. Season 2 is already greenlight with a bigger budget, California is apparently giving it also a massive tax package to film in cali ($20m+).

so yeah, we'll see I guess. I doubt Berman would be brought on board but if someone who is more a TNG fanboi is brought on to course correct season 2 could be good, or it could continue to be the meh show that season 1 so far is. By all indications the show would end at season 3.

Manny Coto is pretty much credited with saving Enterprise if I remember. Wonder what he's up to these days.

iannis

Musty Nester
The way that redhead females age is such a shame, because McFadden was a McHoddy back in the day.

But like all older redheads, she's kinda scary now.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hrm. Yeah, she's not the goblin that I remember.

I probably got got by one of those gotcha TMZ "lets pick the worst possible picture" blogs.

I mean you can see the botox... but still.

Malakriss

How nice of them to reveal so many plot details in the first 5 minutes.. of episode eight.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

So while I like we're getting some reveals finally, the whole Rios is every hologram thing is just over the fucking top when they have to do a sit down with all 5 of them, and of course the engineer acts Scottish, just because. I actually liked Rios, too, but that shit is needless.

Also how the fuck does Raffi just CSI together the entire 8 star system mystery in 5 minutes?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
On episode 2. The intro really lacks a catchy tune. Like previous trek. Or westworld’ish. When I hear that flute I just hit skip. Annoyingly high pitched.

Malakriss

Also how the fuck does Raffi just CSI together the entire 8 star system mystery in 5 minutes?

Lazy writing, it should have been Agnes filling in missing parts and Soji finishing it after Rios' story. Would have arrived at the same point but more believably.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user