Star Trek: Picard

Siliconemelons

Some of it, is not really just "Machine to Person" bad "Person to Machine" okay

it is VULCAN to WHATEVER okay.... WHATEVER to WHATEVER because "I read the vulcan book o parlor tricks"

If someone could just...study it...then..wouldn't a bunch of random people be able to mind meld?

Troi could have just been "a human that grew up in a naturalist colony and studied vulcans a lot and is now empathic!" not...you know...an entire other race that has NATURAL abilities, such as the Vulcan's NATURAL mind meld ability.

I sat in a tanning bed, I am black now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You are violating the sacred pact between writer and viewer and infringing upon the #1 problem of any show mechanic: asking questions.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Troi could have just been "a human that grew up in a naturalist colony and studied vulcans a lot and is now empathic!" not...you know...an entire other race that has NATURAL abilities, such as the Vulcan's NATURAL mind meld ability.

I sat in a tanning bed, I am black now.

Just to be contrary, I'd suggest the argument that it's more plausible that androids can mind meld than Vulcans can, because Vulcans don't have wifi.

This is, of course, completely ridiculous, but so is the original argument.

Cybsled

That was underwhelming. Couple cool moments, but nothing really got resolved

besides Data being dead dead now

Malakriss

I know it's a Picard / TNG series but I wouldn't mind if (someone competent) did a series with a DS9 war arc and star trek ships were blowing each other up for 40 minutes.

Merrith

That was underwhelming. Couple cool moments, but nothing really got resolved

besides Data being dead dead now

Seven killing the Romulan chick was good shit. The whole Picard as as synth was telegraphed so no surprise there. Sucks about Data, nice to see Riker in uniform again. Thought it was weird everyone basically joined Picard's crew but there was no mention of what ended up happening with the male Romulan spy. Figured him and Soji could just go on fucking and what no after he changed sides. I guess they can use the lifting of the synth ban as some sort of story for S2? No real cliffhanger of any kind.

Cybsled

Ya it felt kind of rushed. Lots of dangling plot threads, which you want, but not the type where you kind of gloss over them.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
28FD23D7-5853-4493-A5C5-FD7F6DD7D535.jpeg

tarb

Trakanon Raider
This plot and show was absolutely terrible, so much potential, its like they tried to have it not make sense on purpose.
Maybe they should have used Rios's magic tool that can wish anything you want to make a good script.
The single biggest slap in the face to any real Star Trek fan, the Flagship of the Federation NOT being the Enterprise FUCK YOU Kurtzman!!

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
So... Season 2.

Seven of Nine and Raffi lez action? After all they managed to drop "fuck" in every episode...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Her relationship with Chakotay was so traumatic that she noped out of relationships with men lol

• 1Seriously?

Merrith

The single biggest slap in the face to any real Star Trek fan, the Flagship of the Federation NOT being the Enterprise FUCK YOU Kurtzman!!

Did they say the ship Riker was on was the flagship? Or just the head of that put together fleet? As much as we love Riker, would be odd for a guy who asked for a temporary assignment to be given the helm of the FLAGSHIP of the Federation.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did they say the ship Riker was on was the flagship? Or just the head of that put together fleet? As much as we love Riker, would be odd for a guy who asked for a temporary assignment to be given the helm of the FLAGSHIP of the Federation.
general their flagship is hailing us
acting captain will riker in command of the uss zheng he
and
and it is my duty to inform you that the ufp has designated...

general comodore or whatever your calling yourself
right now i'm on the bridge of the toughest fastest most powerful ships starfleet has ever put into service, and i've got a fleet of them at my back

sounds like they just made a 100 badass ships
(and yes i replayed it a lot, he said ship(s))

Merrith

general their flagship is hailing us
acting captain will riker in command of the uss zheng he
and
and it is my duty to inform you that the ufp has designated...

general comodore or whatever your calling yourself
right now i'm on the bridge of the toughest fastest most powerful ships starfleet has ever put into service, and i've got a fleet of them at my back

sounds like they just made a 100 badass ships
(and yes i replayed it a lot, he said ship(s))

"their" flagship doesn't necessarily mean the entire Federation's, could just mean that particular attack fleet. The fact they made it seem as though they were all the same type of combat ship was a little odd, too. Weren't there only a couple of the galaxy class ships like the Enterprise from TNG?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"their" flagship doesn't necessarily mean the entire Federation's, could just mean that particular attack fleet. The fact they made it seem as though they were all the same type of combat ship was a little odd, too. Weren't there only a couple of the galaxy class ships like the Enterprise from TNG?
galaxy class is super rare i think, they didn't even have one at wolf359 (they just lost the sistership to the enterprise at ds9? i think)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fuck the haters this show was awesome and the ending was great. Season two let's GO.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
"JL": We always for some reason build androids that are super-fast and super-strong so if anything goes wrong they can instantly kill us, but you gave me the body of a 90-year-old ?

"Soong #50": Uhh, ya. But everything works...

"JL": And you only gave me a lifespan of what I had left if I didn't have the un-curable brainfart ? How much fucking time do I have ?!

"Soong #50": Uhh, you better hurry up and finish your coffee...

s.gif

• 1Worf