Star Trek: Picard

Siliconemelons

And why wouldent the "God" AI just take the "new" AI with them up to wherever they have been for the past billion years living in peace that they need to come back and NOW randomly decide to murder everyone?

B5 did it better

Cybsled

It's probably a trap, like "god" in the center of the universe turning out to be some trapped entity that needs a way to escape.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And the dumbdroid didn't expect the synth-hating Romulan assassin to move why?

the very idea is stupid on all levels. From the start of being able to overpower an android to the finishing line of the eye somehow being as fatal a weakspot as it is for humanoids.

I didn't say it was some airtight logic case. I wouldn't say they would be expecting the assassin to move quite as much as the vine episode. Plus he had help from the other synth, no?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Robot mind melds, Mass Effect stolen plot, DONT FEAR THE REAPERS!
robo mind melds is just as silly as tuvok needing to cure himself from vulcan AIDS buy doing an incest mind meld (which is why future janeway went back in time)

velk

Trakanon Raider
It's probably a trap, like "god" in the center of the universe turning out to be some trapped entity that needs a way to escape.

"Are you a dangerously unstable synthetic life form ? Do you want to wipe out all organic life ? Call us now on 800-NOT-A-TRAP and we'll engage in a bit of light genocide"

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That, and on top of that, I don't have a fancy youtube link for that but here's the Memory Alpha Quote for Shades of Gray, the episode where Riker gets sick

"Let's try something. Maybe it likes Humans more than androids."
"If you are correct, you are placing yourself in grave danger."
"Well, I'm counting on those great android…"

(A vine suddenly lashes out, but Data catches it.)
"…reflexes of yours."

- La Forge and Data

Yes, you're gonna stab an android with something they are wearing and they won't react in time. Sure.

Well you are forgetting that all Romulans are now gymnast-level ninja assassins.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I forgot he melded with fuckin' V'ger, too.

90828802_1588455021301867_1919964051916455936_n.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Siliconemelons

Mind Melding a "living thinking machine" AS A VULCAN is one thing.

a Machine Mind Melding via "studying vulcan stuff" is TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Couldn't Picard simply retire to the planet from Insurrection and his medical problems vanish?

Writers are always going to pick and disregard what they want from movies.

Siliconemelons

Couldn't Picard simply retire to the planet from Insurrection and his medical problems vanish?

SSSHHHHHH!!!

I think he would have to stay on that planet with his GILF lady.

But the ENTIRE PLANET had 1 settlement, just come in from the other side and beam down, no one will know.

Chris

Potato del Grande

And wear the earth tones and not change his clothes for the rest of his life? Mmm brown and beige!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Are people really too stupid to understand this?

Why? If you can meld with a machine's thoughts, why can't a machine meld with your thoughts? The mind meld is a two way street. Or is that too stupid for folks to understand.

"My mind to your mind. Your thoughts to my thoughts. Our minds are merging, our minds are becoming one."

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nitpicking like this happens when suspension of disbelief and trust in the writers is broken.

If there was a random TNG episode where Data learns how to mind meld and it's explained in the episode, maybe with him not doing it again because it fucks with him somehow - nobody would give any fucks. Just like the episodes people linked with Spock mind melding machines.

The larger issue is the tone of the show being totally different to before and characters not being consistent with their past selves, because the writers and actors want to sell a political message with zero subtlety.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I wonder what zoomers will complain about in 20-30 years. zomg, there isn’t even any sjw in this re-reboot show, so not true to muh youth.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users