Star Trek: Picard

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, here was a interview with the show's lead writer, to ease everyone's mind about season 2.

So you don't have to go to Variety's shitty website:

benioff.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
TIL from /r/ShittyDaystrom re: Star Trek Insurrection

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Nemesis said:
LeVar Burton is on record as having said that the film "sucked." Marina Sirtis backed him up, but also quipped "it sucked less than Insurrection." Burton and Sirtis also criticized Stuart Baird for not watching a single episode of TNG. In later years, Sirtis has been more vocal in her criticisms of Baird, referring to him as "an idiot." According to Burton and several other members of the main cast, Baird kept referring to LeVar as "Laverne" throughout production and thought the character of Geordi La Forge was an alien.

lol, calling LeVar Burton Laverne...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skimmed this, posting this here, going back to my crossworld entrance shuffle keysanity Link to the Past stream.

Fucking nerds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I keep seeing ideas for spin-offs and honestly up till recently I thought a Riker one would be the only decent one...but I came up with an idea last night that I think might be neat.

Wesley Crusher. Now before you laugh, let me explain. We open up to Adult Wesley (played by Will Wheaton of course) walking into Siskos restaurant (since "what we left behind" has Jake there now) to meet Jake. Jake has come across Crushers story in some log entries and somehow through years of work was able to track Crusher down (he was in the Delta Quadrant maybe) and Crusher agrees to meet with him, plus it’s been a while since he’s seen his mother so he wants to head home for a bit.

They sit down and Jake asks him what’s been going on all these years. The show begins with Will Wheaton narrating when he and the Traveler left the Enterprise and that’s how the show kicks off. From there on out, we have a show that’s a combination of his tales and intermittent narrations by Wheaton. If they could be at the beginning of each episode and then go straight into the story.

Or maybe it could also start with a problem where Starfleet needs Wesley but can’t find him and word gets to jake who starts to investigate. The episodes could jump between jake looking and following wesleys previous encounters with other planets and people. Jakes investigative journalism, around the various quadrants, possibly on dax’s ship could open up new places not seen on screen before. And a new crew

Okay. While I’d watch it...feel free to shit on it. I just thought it could be something new while actually doing what Trek used to do, which is exploring.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why would you create a series based on two of the worst characters and actors in Trek?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They aren’t bad actors at all imo, and in my primary thought, they’d only be in there for minor narration purposes.

In terms of characters, Wesley want great due to how they wrote him, that’s easily fixed.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I stopped when you brought up a show being based around Wesley and Jake.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So I keep seeing ideas for spin-offs and honestly up till recently I thought a Riker one would be the only decent one...but I came up with an idea last night that I think might be neat.

Wesley Crusher. Now before you laugh, let me explain. We open up to Adult Wesley (played by Will Wheaton of course) walking into Siskos restaurant (since "what we left behind" has Jake there now) to meet Jake. Jake has come across Crushers story in some log entries and somehow through years of work was able to track Crusher down (he was in the Delta Quadrant maybe) and Crusher agrees to meet with him, plus it’s been a while since he’s seen his mother so he wants to head home for a bit.

They sit down and Jake asks him what’s been going on all these years. The show begins with Will Wheaton narrating when he and the Traveler left the Enterprise and that’s how the show kicks off. From there on out, we have a show that’s a combination of his tales and intermittent narrations by Wheaton. If they could be at the beginning of each episode and then go straight into the story.

Or maybe it could also start with a problem where Starfleet needs Wesley but can’t find him and word gets to jake who starts to investigate. The episodes could jump between jake looking and following wesleys previous encounters with other planets and people. Jakes investigative journalism, around the various quadrants, possibly on dax’s ship could open up new places not seen on screen before. And a new crew

Okay. While I’d watch it...feel free to Khorum on it. I just thought it could be something new while actually doing what Trek used to do, which is exploring.

There's something poetic about you coming up with an idea for a Trek show based around two of the most disliked characters across the entire IP.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think I can get through this. The odd, ham fisted push of contemporary social issues that don't make any sense in context and dialogue ripped right out of the worst cliches of modern writing is just too much.

Can anyone answer though how the Romulans have a huge fleet if they are supposedly space refugees now?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think I can get through this. The odd, ham fisted push of contemporary social issues that don't make any sense in context and dialogue ripped right out of the worst cliches of modern writing is just too much.

Can anyone answer though how the Romulans have a huge fleet if they are supposedly space refugees now?

They had an empire that spanned hundreds of systems. Only 10 were impacted by the Supernova

• 1Like