Star Trek: Picard

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I don't think I can get through this. The odd, ham fisted push of contemporary social issues that don't make any sense in context and dialogue ripped right out of the worst cliches of modern writing is just too much.

Can anyone answer though how the Romulans have a huge fleet if they are supposedly space refugees now?
Shitty writing. Just fast forward to the last ~10 minutes of the last episode for some decent feels and skip the rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They had an empire that spanned hundreds of systems. Only 10 were impacted by the Supernova

Yeah, that's what everyone was saying when they originally saw the space refugee Romulans. So the fleet confirms the Empire itself is still pretty strong. So why are there so many space refugee Romulans bitterly slumming it up in the Federation?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alright sorry I shared it.

I think it would probably be better than Picard!

But no, Wil Wheaton really does just suck. There actually was one really good Jake-heavy episode, but I don't remember a single good Wesley episode. Also, Wesley is present at Riker and Troi's marriage in a Lieutenant's uniform, so it wouldn't be that hard to track him down as he apparently rejoined Starfleet (despite being a giant fuckup at the academy).

It's not a bad idea, you just couldn't have picked worse characters to center it around.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd rather watch the adventures of Neelix after he leaves voyager than anything with Wil Weaton. At least Ethan Phillips is a good actor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'd make a Star trek series using the cast of Game of Thrones just for the lols. Cersei would make a f'in great Borg Queen.

• 1Garbage

sukik

Yeah, that's what everyone was saying when they originally saw the space refugee Romulans. So the fleet confirms the Empire itself is still pretty strong. So why are there so many space refugee Romulans bitterly slumming it up in the Federation?
You're overthinking this. They had 'refugee story' on the list of things to include and this is the best they could do. Make sense? no? Who cares. Throw in a fight scene and keep moving.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Bajor got fucked for decades and we see them get their shit together over just a couple years with one industrial-scale replicator from the Federation. They were putting colonies on the other side of the wormhole for a time even. Romulans faring worse for longer borders on the unbelievable. Sheer spite and plots of revenge would sustain their reconstruction for generations.

• 2Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
So why are there so many space refugee Romulans bitterly slumming it up in the Federation?
There's no explanation for that, any more than there is an explanation as to why the Romulans didn't just evacuate their own people from the supernova'd system.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how about you figure out how a simple mind meld from asian commodore zhat vash spy on some dumb blond chick was so potent enough that she'll murder the love of her life to prevent the robo uprising

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think you could do a spin off of DS9 and base it on Quark's bar. Plenty of opportunities for hot dabo girls, devious deals, and general debauchery.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

A Quark's Bar series would be great and would give a good opportunity for DS9 cameos like Garak

No Odo or Nog would be a bit of a downer, though

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think it would probably be better than Picard!

But no, Wil Wheaton really does just suck. There actually was one really good Jake-heavy episode, but I don't remember a single good Wesley episode. Also, Wesley is present at Riker and Troi's marriage in a Lieutenant's uniform, so it wouldn't be that hard to track him down as he apparently rejoined Starfleet (despite being a giant fuckup at the academy).

It's not a bad idea, you just couldn't have picked worse characters to center it around.
Your not referring to The Visitor, are you? Because that doesn't count as a Jake-heavy episode.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your not referring to The Visitor, are you? Because that doesn't count as a Jake-heavy episode.

Nor the Battle to the Strong.

It would be funny to argue about The Visitor but obviously we're talking about Cirroc Lofton, not the excellent Tony Todd.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
so is this any good?

or did they turn it into SJW Trek?

is it better or worse than Discovery?

Siliconemelons

Picard: Hey there StarFleet Command!
SFC: Oh hi, Picard the most revered captain! What's up.
Picard: can I have a small ship and a light crew?
SFC: FUCKING HUBRIS
Picard: what?
SFC: sorry, err... non bye now
Picard: just a ship I will find my own crew! Just!
SFC: No, go away!

Riker: hey SFC
SFC: FUCK OFF
Riker: what?
SFC: sorry, have to be Edgelordy, what u want Willis?
Riker: a ship, no a FLEET the newest stuff we got all manned by the best we have!
SFC: LULZ....are you out of you fu...(sniff sniff)
Riker: (nod nod) for you...
SFC: Pizza!! - keys are over there

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Clandestine series with Garrak trying to rebuild Cardassia after the war and Section 31 fucking with his efforts (have flashbacks to his early career) would be epic. Too bad Andrew Robinson is probably too old for something like this.

Best they could pull out of this train wreck is make a reverse voyager, with Jeri Ryan leading some people back to the Ocompa area because some of them want to go home (Echeb) or Naomi Wildman wants to see Neelix again. Could make it less formal and sort of a frontier explorationish firefly meets Star Trek.

Two random ideas while taking a shit and both sound better than STD and this shit show. No idea how you guys made it through this.

sukik

they turned it into SJW Trek
To give you and idea of the current show runner's mindset: They horrifically murdered Icheb on screen because the original actor made some vaguely conservative statements on Twitter.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Clandestine series with Garrak trying to rebuild Cardassia after the war and Section 31 fucking with his efforts (have flashbacks to his early career) would be epic. Too bad Andrew Robinson is probably too old for something like this.

Best they could pull out of this train wreck is make a reverse voyager, with Jeri Ryan leading some people back to the Ocompa area because some of them want to go home (Echeb) or Naomi Wildman wants to see Neelix again. Could make it less formal and sort of a frontier explorationish firefly meets Star Trek.

Two random ideas while taking a shit and both sound better than STD and this shit show. No idea how you guys made it through this.

They actually made a bunch of books either about Garak trying to rebuild Cardassia or with that as a subplot. One is A Stitch in Time, where the actor wrote it. Most of it is "flashback" in the form of a biography he sends to Julian (although one could argue how much is true, which I think even Garak acknowledges in the letter).