Star Trek: Picard

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked Voyager, I think I was exactly the right age when that came out to see most of that, and yet somehow miss DS9.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I randomly read that there's some new animated one too but I'm sure it's retarded so I didn't read up on it. Should be what, another 15-20 years before we're due again for another cycle?

Cybsled

They used to show the ST:Animated Series on Nickelodeon back in the 80s. That's probably the last time I watched that show, although I never got as much into it as I did TNG during that era. Then DS9 came out and I remember all the kids in school were excited because TNG was really popular back then. Odo being a changling was a total cash in on the popularity of Terminator 2, after it made morphing/liquid metal stuff the big special effect of the day.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Animated Series is like Star Trek on drugs. A couple episodes are right on the money, but the rest is trash. Good thing they're like 22m long and not very many of em.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A cat is fine too

cat.png

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Trill homeworld would have thrown an absolute shit-fit at Ezri being assigned there.

The Dax symbiote was placed in a completely unacceptable host!?! AGAIN!?! And she wants to be transferred to the previous host's duty station!?! We must intervene! Wait, is Commander Sisko still there? Captain Sisko? Send her some vitamins and a book on breathing techniques. That's fine. This is fine.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Dax symbiote was placed in a completely unacceptable host!?! AGAIN!?! And she wants to be transferred to the previous host's duty station!?! We must intervene! Wait, is Commander Sisko still there? Captain Sisko? Send her some vitamins and a book on breathing techniques. That's fine. This is fine.
Oh and make the emotionally conflicted person the fucking station's therapist. PERFECT.

• 1Like

Goatface

my rankings
TOS movies
TNG
Voyager
DS9
TOS
TNG movies
Enterprise

DS9 would be higher but i can not stand Jake and Nog, a magnitude more than neelix.

Cybsled

Jake and Nog got better later in the run. Nog really grew as a character. Jake I don't think they ever really knew what to do with beyond "I'm a writer/reporter now".

Siliconemelons

Nog PTSD episode sucked... it was a well scripted episode but... sorry Nog just could not pull it off and it resulted in more Vic episodes than needed.

Odd thing, I had fond memories of Vic- so upon my last re-watch I was excited for him showing up...and then it was odd...I felt like I was "missing" an awesome episode with Vic that I was referring and anticipating... and now after my re-watch... ahh don't really care for him past a few episodes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was one good Jake episode, where he fesses up to being a coward. Think it was somewhere in the middle of the series cause the Federation wasn't at war with the Klingons for very long.

Cybsled

Ya, the one where he is with Bashir and they land on that planet that is being overrun by Klingons and they are working in the medical backline area seeing all sorts of war injuries. That was a good episode. Bashir gets knocked down by a mortar and Jake just runs off afraid and leaves him for dead, then runs into that mortally wounded Starfleet soldier guy who is pissed that Jake ditched his friend, then Jake is eaten up by guilt after Bashir was the one all worried for Jake after they couldn't find him.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There was one good Jake episode, where he fesses up to being a coward. Think it was somewhere in the middle of the series cause the Federation wasn't at war with the Klingons for very long.

I like "USS Valiant." That's the episode with Starfleet's Hitler Youth getting their shit fucking wrecked by the Dominion. The captain's doing meth to stay awake, the first officer is a mega cunt and they all go down in flames when they try and technobabble a solution like they're main characters.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Quark : I think I figured out why Humans don't like Ferengi.
Sisko : Not now, Quark.
Quark : The way I see it, Humans used to be a lot like Ferengi: greedy, acquisitive, interested only in profit. We're a constant reminder of a part of your past you'd like to forget.
Sisko : Quark, we don't have time for this.
Quark : You're overlooking something. Humans used to be a lot worse than the Ferengi: slavery, concentration camps, interstellar wars. We have nothing in our past that approaches that kind of barbarism. You see? We're nothing like you... we're better.

Also, this:

"Take away their creature comforts... put their lives in jeopardy over a long period of time..."

All of Star Trek until DIS has had these types of moments. Including Enterprise (the shit with the cloned baby guts me). The original series is laden with them, but it's one of the first shows that dealt with a lot of these sorts of concepts. TNG: Inner Light, The Quality of a Life, Measure of a Man. Voyager's episodes where the Doctor grew as a person. His family experience in the holodeck. Dealing with the grief of losing a patient after making a judgment call on who to save. Similarly with Seven and her Borg children, including One from the episode "Drone".

Discovery? Not a single moment in two seasons. Picard only had the moment where Hugh hugged him. Otherwise, it's all try-hard, force emoted drama without earning it. Discovery cut off a baby's head and I was just like, "Meh. It's fake like everything else." Picard kills off too many characters trying to be edgy like Game of Thrones without earning our interest in those characters, or killing them too quickly, especially with the ONE character people fucking like. RIP Hugh. Why do these characters have to be so damn unlikeable?

Pike was a breath of fresh air, but he really just served to contrast further how poorly presented Discovery was otherwise. I recently watched Inhumans, and he's the only thing good in that series as well.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Quark : I think I figured out why Humans don't like Ferengi.
Sisko : Not now, Quark.
Quark : The way I see it, Humans used to be a lot like Ferengi: greedy, acquisitive, interested only in profit. We're a constant reminder of a part of your past you'd like to forget.
Sisko : Quark, we don't have time for this.
Quark : You're overlooking something. Humans used to be a lot worse than the Ferengi: slavery, concentration camps, interstellar wars. We have nothing in our past that approaches that kind of barbarism. You see? We're nothing like you... we're better.

Also, this:

"Take away their creature comforts... put their lives in jeopardy over a long period of time..."

All of Star Trek until DIS has had these types of moments. Including Enterprise (the shit with the cloned baby guts me). The original series is laden with them, but it's one of the first shows that dealt with a lot of these sorts of concepts. TNG: Inner Light, The Quality of a Life, Measure of a Man. Voyager's episodes where the Doctor grew as a person. His family experience in the holodeck, dealing with the grief of losing a patient after making a judgment call on who he could save. Similarly with Seven and her Borg children, including One from the episode "Drone".

Discovery? Not a single moment in two seasons. Picard only had the moment where Hugh hugged him. Otherwise, it's all try-hard, force emoted drama without earning it. Discovery cut off a baby's head and I was just like, "Meh. It's fake like everything else." Picard kills off too many characters trying to be edgy like Game of Thrones without earning our interest in those characters, or killing them too quickly, especially with the ONE character people fucking like. RIP Hugh. Why do these characters have to be so damn unlikeable?

Pike was a breath of fresh air, but he really just served to contrast further how poorly Discovery was otherwise. I recently watched Inhumans, and he's the only thing good in that series as well.

That clip lead to

Good lord, time for a b5 rewatch

• 1Solidarity