Star Trek: Picard

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I had a few more thoughts. There really were some shitty actors in the various series.
source.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jesus Christ I forgot about Kes. I swear that bitch was stoned every day she was at work by the tone of her voice. And they tried really hard to make her a thing, but it was night and day once Jeri Ryan replaced her. Ryan could act, had good comic timing, and was extremely fap worthy. And the Tom Kes Neelix love triangle had to be the cringiest shit they ever wrote in Voyager, bad enough that it made him banging Mexican Klingon rage bitch more believable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Izo, you cannot count STD or Picard as real trek. It is known.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Troi is the worst actor because over her time as the character she went from this weird neutral accented alien that was all about dispassionatly sensing emotion to friendly Marina Sirtis complete with New Zealand accent.

That's worse than the others because they at least stayed consistent and maybe we just hate them because the writers gave them little to do.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I agree any Troi episode treads on unwatchable. It was OK during its original run, doesn't hold up on rewatch or binges.

Gates acting was sedate enough to not be offensive. She played everything safe and sedate. Kind of soothing in a way. Doesn't get the fastforward by me on rewatch.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Troi episodes weren't that bad because they usually involved her batshit mom, who was at least entertaining. Anything Wesley or Data on the Holodeck were far worse imho. Also Troi could be cringe, but Crusher probably was the most boring, sterile, vanilla character ever conceived. She wasn't bad, just utterly forgettable. And imho that was the primary problem with TNG, bland cookie cutter characters that even after five seasons never seemed to approach the growth and camaraderie of TOS characters.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok Wombat, here is a challenge for you. See if you can sit through the Trois loses her powers episide, Trois gets aged by a power leecher episode, and my personal favorite the Trois gets pregnant with alien baby episode. If you can make it through those, more power to you.

As far as her mom goes, she could be interesting mostly in how Picard played off of her and (like many characters) got improved by the writing on DS9. But arguably the second worst episode ever is her in the holodeck nude bathing with Worfs kid and doing HR Puffinstuff creepy shit. And the all time king of bad trek has to be the Beverly Irish Ghost episode. Trois episodes were consistently bad, though, even if they were not the peek of TNG suck. She even dragged down the otherwise good Barkely and Holodock episode of Voyager.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just list the entire cast of Discovery and be done with this query. None of the actors are any good, to downright terrible. Michael Burnham is the only character I wish would get vaporized, or a barrel would fall on them in a storage bay or an alien just murders her non-discriminately.

Though Gates McFadden is the only actor who pretended to fuck a ghost, so... 🤔

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ok Wombat, here is a challenge for you. See if you can sit through the Trois loses her powers episide, Trois gets aged by a power leecher episode, and my personal favorite the Trois gets pregnant with alien baby episode. If you can make it through those, more power to you.

As far as her mom goes, she could be interesting mostly in how Picard played off of her and (like many characters) got improved by the writing on DS9. But arguably the second worst episode ever is her in the holodeck nude bathing with Worfs kid and doing HR Puffinstuff creepy shit. And the all time king of bad trek has to be the Beverly Irish Ghost episode. Trois episodes were consistently bad, though, even if they were not the peek of TNG suck. She even dragged down the otherwise good Barkely and Holodock episode of Voyager.

Man, I don’t know how you remember all that detail. I’ve watched every single TNG episode at some point (it’s been years) but barely remember those episodes, though I do vaguely remember the losing her powers episode and the baby one, but it’s more one of those foggy abused repressed memories coming back.
Now you made me remember Worfs son, fuck.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Dunno if it counts as a Troi episode, but the one where no one could sleep and they started to go insane was good. That scene with Beverly in the shuttlebay with the bodies under the tarps freaked the fuck out of me as a kid.

But ya, it's sometimes hard to separate bad actor from bad character. People hated Keiko because she always seemed to torment Miles and they never really gave her much to do on the back half of DS9. Her school closed down and then she went on extended vacation with Molly and mostly vanished from the show for a couple years and then only appeared sporadically.

DS9 had so many damned talented actors and good writing that it helped hide the people who were less skilled in the craft.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are many to chose from but I'm going to go with:

Screenshot-166-e1507907780499-206f895.png

The doctors in Star Trek are always central characters and out of all of them he is really just lacklustre.

I'd probably have chosen Rebecca Romjin over him but as she was at best a secondary character it's kind of forgivable her lines were so forgettable.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They just had the TNG episode where they turn into kids on in the UK.

The young Picard actor is very prominent and absolutle shit and young Keiko is only saved by her not having many lines, even as a kid she's pissed off at O'Brien (for not wanting to fuck a 13 year old, WTF). Their kid is a better actor in the episode and she was 2. Alexander is in the episode too and he still can't act.

Young Guinan is excellent and young Ro Laren was pretty good too. They spoke like adults in a child's body.

So yeah... I nominate Young Picard and Alexander for the worst actors.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Michael Burnham wins in a landslide if you count Discovery

I know its subjective but Avery Brooks aka Ben Sisko had a very weird acting style. When he was angry it was fantastic, he looked menacing and full of authority. But many scenes he played "goofy" and he would laugh weirdly and inflect every syllable and it was just very odd. While Keiko, Ezri, Discovery doctor, etc are all shit actors I'd say the ones you really need to focus on are the ones that are series leads - Kirk/Bones/Spock, Picard/Riker/Data, Benjamin/Jadzia/Quark/Garak/Worf, Janeway/HoloDoc/7of9 and out of that list i'd say Benjamin is the weakest actor with Janeway a probable tie.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They just had the TNG episode where they turn into kids on in the UK.

The young Picard actor is very prominent and absolutle shit and young Keiko is only saved by her not having many lines, even as a kid she's pissed off at O'Brien (for not wanting to fuck a 13 year old, WTF). Their kid is a better actor in the episode and she was 2. Alexander is in the episode too and he still can't act.

Young Guinan is excellent and young Ro Laren was pretty good too. They spoke like adults in a child's body.

So yeah... I nominate Young Picard and Alexander for the worst actors.
I WANT TO SEE MY FAAWTHER, NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOWWW

#dead

• 1Worf

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man, I don’t know how you remember all that detail. I’ve watched every single TNG episode at some point (it’s been years) but barely remember those episodes, though I do vaguely remember the losing her powers episode and the baby one, but it’s more one of those foggy abused repressed memories coming back.
Now you made me remember Worfs son, fuck.

The entire reason I am refusing to watch Picard or STD is that I have a ridiculous memory for useless knowledge. What has been seen cannot be unseen. If I watch that shit it will stain my good memories of Trek even more. Plus SJW Trek taking a giant shit on cannon is not something I would want to validate by watching in the first place.

On the topic of Avery Brooks, part of that was it took them a bit to find their way with him. He wanted to be bald out of the gate (bald Cisco is best Cisco) but they wanted something to distance him from his Hawk character on the show he just wrapped previously. His acting when he was doing his Emissary bits and generally just trying to show joy was hit and miss the first couple seasons. Very wooden. Once the Marquis arc started and gave him something to be pissed at, the character picked up and so did his acting. And when he was pissed about something, there was no one better on the show.

I personally feel that Janeway was the worst captain in the franchise, but after seeing Mulgrew in other things I do not think that it her fault mostly. The character was written very inconsistently, probably owing to Ron Moore noping out of Voyager early on. Her queen bitch routine with 7of9 was some of the most annoying shit on that show to watch. The only time I genuinely liked her on the show was when she was either busting Tom's balls or her interactions with Tuvok. But again, having seen the actress in other shit (fun fact, she was the military ally in Remo Williams), I think that is on their writers. There was also a lot of people showing up to collect a paycheck going on on Voyager once 7 and Holodock took over the show. The actor for Chekote basically checked out for sure because everything they were intending to do with him got dropped. He had some good stories with 7 and that one episode where he had to tap into his families genetic mental illness to communicated with aliens, but they basically gave him nothing to do once the writers got tunnel vision with 7 and Doc. Looking at what Moore was able to do with BSG and what Berman has shit out with SJWTrek, I wonder how much differently things would have gone for Voyager and and Trek in general if Berman had lost that power struggle instead.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I haven't seen Voyager in a while but I don't remember Janeway being bad. Severe and shit, but not bad. I'm rewatching that once I'm done with TNG, unless I go for DS9 first since I've never seen that. The actor has been in other things and she was great in them, and she's a really good voice actor as well.

On rewatch of TNG, I don't know what Troi's deal is. Like, she's hot, but not so hot that she got the part on the back of that. She's definitely not a good actor. She seems like an uncomfortable high school drama kid trying to get through her lines without dying so that someone else has to talk, most of the time.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There are many to chose from but I'm going to go with:

Screenshot-166-e1507907780499-206f895.png

The doctors in Star Trek are always central characters and out of all of them he is really just lacklustre.

I'd probably have chosen Rebecca Romjin over him but as she was at best a secondary character it's kind of forgivable her lines were so forgettable.
Fuck, and she's gonna be a cast lead in Strange New Worlds.... her face is some weird combination of old lady fat and stiff and dead from botox. Of course, her last good appearance in X-Men: The Last Stand was 14 fuckin' years ago.

af8e624560af8466e480e032e5e2331e.gif

f64aeab1dc8ed5f58b410d834f9b1113.gif

GlassElderlyHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

But then you had NTSF:SD:SUV, while not as good as Children's Hospital, still had its moments. But again, 8 years ago.

HonorableOrganicGentoopenguin-small.gif

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I haven't seen Voyager in a while but I don't remember Janeway being bad. Severe and shit, but not bad. I'm rewatching that once I'm done with TNG, unless I go for DS9 first since I've never seen that. The actor has been in other things and she was great in them, and she's a really good voice actor as well.

On rewatch of TNG, I don't know what Troi's deal is. Like, she's hot, but not so hot that she got the part on the back of that. She's definitely not a good actor. She seems like an uncomfortable high school drama kid trying to get through her lines without dying so that someone else has to talk, most of the time.

What was infuriating about Janeway was she acted like some hardass but when it came down to conflict she was a pussy. “They’re charging phasers and have raised their shields captain”. “Don’t return fire, we need to show them we’re friends, keep hailing them”. Picard would do the same shit in TNG to be fair.

• 1Solidarity