Star Trek: Picard

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is fucking awesome.

No one ever talks about the ethics of Starfleet forcing Riker to craft a case he doesn't believe against his colleague and friend, especially about something so incredibly important. That's insane. Imagine if he'd lost and that quack doctor had fucking fried Data's memory core or whatever nonsense they make up, then Riker has to deal with the fallout of his case condemning his friend to death at the hands of a Starfleet HQ. Shit's crazy.

There's a scene in that episode where Riker is going over Data's blueprints while working on his case, gets an idea, looks pleased with himself and then realizes that the argument he has come up with may doom his friend.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Memba berry when television involved DRAMA which was CONFLICT created because two different characters could be honest and good people and believe two different things?? And then shit would happen that would test both the character and the beliefs they held?

1596588308773.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- Patrick Stewart cannot comment negatively on Picard show per his contract.

- Contract obligation release will occur sometime in November 2020.

- Patrick Stewart will be free to give his real opinion on Picard at that time-- should he so choose.

Should he have any personal creative differences with Kurtzman or the production of Picard, those will not be voiced until this coming November.

It is expected his contract will be released at this time, as Season 2 of Picard is not happening due to lack of investment.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I didn’t read anything in the last few pages but I saw character pics and thought I should contribute

startrekenterprise1-900x506.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Likewise.

They're in danger of that poster looking like an EDI statement.

Pike having a larger image than Kirk? I can kind of get this as he's in their latest series but it lacks any sense of respect.

Burnham isn't even a captain.

Where is Bones? He's one of the triumvirate of beloved original characters.

Archer? Not a representation of anyone from Enterprise?

062mFaahhIBRD6qdUgbuxOB-1.fit_scale.size_1050x591.v1599211709.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean its Sir Patrick Stewart commentary on Picard, and its CBS.

There is a scary lack of interest in the newer series.

1599853971191.png

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TNG Panel did their strongest draw at 7.5k viewers.

Nobody wants to see anything besides TNG Trek.

This is a tacit condemnation of Kurtzman's Trek.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is Star Trek Day we're talking about. This is still Patrick Stewart-- a famous esteemed actor and beloved Star Trek captain.

1599859137473.png

If Stewart can't sell Picard, something went wrong. Insert the Picard series highlight video where they chopped someones dick off on the show or something.

• 1Garbage

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
This is Star Trek Day we're talking about. This is still Patrick Stewart-- a famous esteemed actor and beloved Star Trek captain.

View attachment 301614

If Stewart can't sell Picard, something went wrong. Insert the Picard series highlight video where they chopped someones dick off on the show or something.

Eh, I always thought John "Nuke 'em" Sheridan was the better Captain.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 301614

That estimable actor violently raped a beloved character named Jean Luc Picard for no reason and even the most flagellate of Trek fan (which hasn't been me for years) has to admit that Stewart fucking a corpse while Kurtzman beats off in the corner is hard to watch. QED.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm just about done rewatching Voyageur, and I think this is one of the best scenes in the show. The moment when Tuvok says "live long, and prosper" is fantastic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm just about done rewatching Voyageur, and I think this is one of the best scenes in the show. The moment when Tuvok says "live long, and prosper" is fantastic.

I never had much of a problem with Neelix, and I agree with you about this scene. There were several episodes where it was made obvious that he missed being with his people, so this was a good end to his arc.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I enjoyed the scene but the entire episode was fucking stupid. This guy is with the crew the entire fucking time and becomes part of the family only to leave right before they get back to Earth, this place everyone has been talking about the entire fucking time.

• 1Worf