Star Trek: Picard

Cybsled

Disney won’t be buying much at the moment

Although imagine if they got Trek and MacFarlane got the reins lol

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
On the one hand, DS9 has been criminally ignored since it ended. On the other hand, I'm not sure I trust the current Trek runners to actually do a revival justice. Given their track record:

1) Benjamin Sisko would come back to find Cassidy Yates dead, Jake creating propaganda, and his kid he never saw not accepting him. This would get blamed on the Federation being corrupt and sabotaging things
2) Quark would be a hardened, humorless man after Nog died trying to help evacuate Romulans and Rom as Nagus caused the collapse of the Ferrengi economy. Morn would get executed in the first episode.
3) Kira would become an atheist
4) Garak would come back and they'd probably have him hook up with Bashir or something
5) They'd say "hey, Trill basically live as different genders between hosts! Let's crank that up to 11 and really put it in the viewers face as a social message!". Dax would swap hosts every other episode.
6) Kahless' clone would become a Trump allegory and Worf would be blamed for doing nothing as Kahless destroys the Klingon homeworld with his ego policies
7) O'Brien would space himself through an airlock while trying to escape Keiko who keeps shouting "MILES!!!!".

Miles become a white supremacist after 8 years of Barack Sisko.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the one hand, DS9 has been criminally ignored since it ended. On the other hand, I'm not sure I trust the current Trek runners to actually do a revival justice. Given their track record:

1) Benjamin Sisko would come back to find Cassidy Yates dead, Jake creating propaganda, and his kid he never saw not accepting him. This would get blamed on the Federation being corrupt and sabotaging things
2) Quark would be a hardened, humorless man after Nog died trying to help evacuate Romulans and Rom as Nagus caused the collapse of the Ferrengi economy. Morn would get executed in the first episode.
4) Garak would come back and they'd probably have him hook up with Bashir or something
5) They'd say "hey, Trill basically live as different genders between hosts! Let's crank that up to 11 and really put it in the viewers face as a social message!". Dax would swap hosts every other episode.
6) Kahless' clone would become a Trump allegory and Worf would be blamed for doing nothing as Kahless destroys the Klingon homeworld with his ego policies
7) O'Brien would space himself through an airlock while trying to escape Keiko who keeps shouting "MILES!!!!".

Star Trek is dead as long as Kurtzman is at the helm. Gene must be rolling in his grave.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
didnt Roddenberry hate DS9

probably cuz a dirty uncircumcised immigrant from the gamma quadrant was porking his wife

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

I been watching a ton of DS9 of late, this post made me LOL hard, and fwiw, I skip Keiko, episodes cause I can't stand hearing "MILES" .. I wish kira and miles ended up banging on Bajor when she was pregnant

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

its going to be so incredibly stupid when Q shows up looking 30 years older lol

• 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Patrick Stewart is getting a bit old to deliver his lines.

Can't get through a sentence without cracking, fading, short-stopping.

Lancie at 73 is still prime. So should get a good performance anyway.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The only positive thing that will come out of a Picard S2 is more videos of RLM taking another giant dump on them. Those eps of theirs really are great.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This didn't get cancelled? Q won't be enough to save it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He didn't do shit for Voyager, that trump card is already played.

And TBH honest, he didn't do anything for DS9 except for 1 memorable blooper. It's almost as if you need good actors and writers at the same time!

Cybsled

The DS9 episode with Q was rough because its sole purpose was to try to draw TNG viewers, since at the time both were running concurrently. Best scene from that was Sisko punching Q in the face and Q getting all surprised

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This didn't get cancelled? Q won't be enough to save it.

CBS fronted the money, doesn't care about selling distribution rights this time around.

I'm guessing Patrick Stewart pulled some strings since he was the one to say S2 would absolutely happen when things looked impossible ratings wise.

Even Kurtzman's office was doubting S2 was happening. Stewart was the only one to come out and say it would happen "however its going to happen doesnt matter, its going to happen-- we'll make it happen" with a bunch of determination in his voice. Patrick Stewart was very forceful about a second season when people told him it wasn't looking like its happening.

He sounded like he'd fucking pay for the production himself if that's what it took.

This is a passion project for Patrick Stewart now. He's really involved in the character again.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
De Lancie alluded to the fact they've aged up Q-- possibly intentionally, for the show. I'm guessing to mock Picard's mortality.

A big theme in S1 was mortality, death, and dying. Q is going to continue exploring that.

So Q being older should fit the plot somehow if that's the intent, which it sounds like it is.