Star Trek: Picard

Cybsled

Vic was ok in small doses, but even back then he felt 100% like a "People like the Doctor on Voyager, let's put a holographic AI in DS9 also!"

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
TNG had the only good Star Trek TV show finale, change my mind

DS9 was good. You had to know the show really well, though.

I'm almost through DS9, pumped for the finale. Vic Fontaine needs to fuck off though, jesus.

I thought that on my first watching of the series, too. But upon watching it several more times, I see him as a pretty valuable character. Give him time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He's overall a net positive but I can see him grating on people. As far as the show's recurring guest stars go he's bottom tier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cyb said it best. A little bit of Vic was ok but they went back to that well way too often in the later seasons.
Dunno it could be I just finished New Vegas and was finding a new love for the Rat Pack.

He’s one of my faves.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ending on Picard finally showing up to play cards is wonderful and I fucking love the story they are telling with the multiple timelines but it's not much of a conclusion for the show. In a lot of ways it's an anti-finale. Q tells us the trial never ends and we fade out on what is one more evening on the Enterprise. I know the plan was to move in to film, which they did, but so many of them are just terrible that it actual retroactively harms the show a little.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm almost through DS9, pumped for the finale. Vic Fontaine needs to fuck off though, jesus.

Only realised this the other day.

1623924371779.png
1623924397602.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The only thing more frustrating than the constant Vic Fontaine bullshit is how Kira is so easily trolled by Dukat. Overall, the show didn't even really feel like a functioning station until the war kicked off. I love the Dominion, if Jeffrey Combs didn't get any awards for that show it's a god damn travesty. I have like3 or 4 episodes left I think, hopefully they manage to torture Miles for another human lifetime, jesus man he just gets shit on.

The TNG finale was fine, the back and forth in time thing was cool but the ultimate problem was kind of lame and random, trickster god Q is my least favorite Q. The Prophets from DS9 were way, way better done than Q was. Q is funnier I guess but The Prophets were just a way better implementation of a higher echelon beings influencing mortal affairs. I think Arbitrary is right, they intended that to be the launch point for their awesome movies, they just forgot to make awesome movies.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The problem was mostly the theme song. T'pol was one hot ass bitch
Theme song, uniforms and accents (southern dumbass accent is your chief engineer?), I couldn't take it seriously and only ever watched one episode - didn't feel like Star Trek.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
Accents seems like a dumb shit thing to be upset about 🤷🏻‍♂️
I can belive a no nonsense scottish guy as engineer or a creepy blind black guy, but not someone from Alabama or wherever that accent is from.

• 2Picard

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
since there's no DS9 thread or general ST thread
1624023784636.png

GET FUCKED PALLY
looks like one of Tig Notaro's first roles

Also I just got to the part where Dumar betrayed The Dominion, fucking good for him. Worf icing Weyoun 7 is the funniest thing I've seen in any Star Trek, ever.

Another good thing about DS9, the Ferengi. I may have gripes with how Quark is treated as a character sometimes and the Nagus is just silly, but every Ferengi episode is classic. Do not like Jake episodes or god forbid anything with Kai Winn.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
since there's no DS9 thread or general ST thread
View attachment 358816
GET FUCKED PALLY
looks like one of Tig Notaro's first roles

Also I just got to the part where Dumar betrayed The Dominion, fucking good for him. Worf icing Weyoun 7 is the funniest thing I've seen in any Star Trek, ever.

Another good thing about DS9, the Ferengi. I may have gripes with how Quark is treated as a character sometimes and the Nagus is just silly, but every Ferengi episode is classic. Do not like Jake episodes or god forbid anything with Kai Winn.
You’re supposed to hate the Kai, which they good job of. Jake episodes do get lame but I do like the one where he and Ben take the sub warp ship to Cardassian space.

and I agree 1000% on the Ferengi, they are great in DS9, and again, Jerffy Combs kills it as Brunt.

spronk

FPS noob
i had no idea until this year that Jeffrey Combs has a massive, huge career as a star of schlocky horror moves like Re-Animator and dozens more revered, cult classic movies. Dude is killing it in two genres, must be still making bank on the convention circuit

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Every time I see the title of this thread my brain processes it as "Star Trek: Facepalm". Its very appropriate.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity