Star Trek: Picard

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was okay, nothing more to be honest.

One part I found really jarring was his Romulan love interest assessing the communication from Crusher like some hamfisted let's explain this to the old man shctick.

This is fucking Picard lady! He might need his nappy changing but his mind's as sharp as a razor...

star-trek-jean-luc-picard.gif

Cybsled

I disagree. He clearly shared the message with her and was looking for validation on what he suspected, because ultimately he wanted her buy in on what he had to do

Oldbased

> Than U
Ep2 was better.
I liked the jab on Shaw's psych profile by the nutty person.
Embrace the Worf.

Next episode was directed by Frakes

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far so good. Liking the series up too this point. I loved the little sound effect at the end when they entered the nebula. Wrath of Khan...part 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

One nitpick: it would take like half a second to run a medscan to confirm the parentage of Jack. The drawn out need for Beverly to confirm was sort of needless

Nice to see Worf kick some ass

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Has Voyager's actors been in anything else? Deep Space Nine as well? I know Kate Mulgrew was in Orange is the New Black. But everyone else? Disappeared it seems.
Kate Mulgrew was Mrs Colombo I think.

Quark is the school principal in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The Doctor shows up in scifi stuff from time to time.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Has Voyager's actors been in anything else? Deep Space Nine as well? I know Kate Mulgrew was in Orange is the New Black. But everyone else? Disappeared it seems.

Alexander Siddig did plenty of other tV. He was in Game of Thrones. Shantaram. Peaky Blinders. Early 2000s he also did side characters in a few movies like Reign of Fire.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Almost all the cast of every series have done their characters multiple times on Star Trek Online MMORPG.
Michael Dorn and Tim Russ were basically the leaders for two expansions of STOnline.
Tim Russ also did a lot of WoW voice acting in Shadowlands for the Bastion faction.

spronk

FPS noob
dear space Jesus please kill Raffi

episode 2 starting to get back to utter dogshit, sadge. I think Angry Joe said it, the writers of this show think they are writing Star Trek mixed with Fast and Furious. Its all nonsense dialogue and plot. Great actors, like you can tell Captain Shaw and the evil lady (daughter of Christopher Plummer aka Chang from Undiscovered Country) and 7 of 9 are acting their asses off but the script is just garbage so they have nothing. I feel sad every time Picard is on screen, like grandpa with alzheimers. The pacing is so brutal on this show, people just sit around for 3-4 mins waiting for Picard to think what to do and then you get 1 hour to decide? lol

Oh well, maybe RLM will review this week too and cheer me up

nothing in this episode even comes close to Vadic's dad ramblings from ST6

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
dear space Jesus please kill Raffi

episode 2 starting to get back to utter dogshit, sadge. I think Angry Joe said it, the writers of this show think they are writing Star Trek mixed with Fast and Furious. Its all nonsense dialogue and plot. Great actors, like you can tell Captain Shaw and the evil lady (daughter of Christopher Plummer aka Chang from Undiscovered Country) and 7 of 9 are acting their asses off but the script is just garbage so they have nothing. I feel sad every time Picard is on screen, like grandpa with alzheimers. The pacing is so brutal on this show, people just sit around for 3-4 mins waiting for Picard to think what to do and then you get 1 hour to decide? lol

Oh well, maybe RLM will review this week too and cheer me up

nothing in this episode even comes close to Vadic's dad ramblings from ST6

man , this is so the opposite of what I think of the show , ya Stewart is old, he was in the last 2 seasons lol that’s no surprise but Riker is filling in the gaps nicely.

maybe that’s the point , it never was all
Picard , it was about the whole bridge crew .

Raffi scenes are fun distraction from the doomship stuff we’ve seen in every movie . Don’t get the hate for her at all.

Hoping for a worf or riker spinoff , btw where’s the elder Laforge?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
man , this is so the opposite of what I think of the show , ya Stewart is old, he was in the last 2 seasons lol that’s no surprise but Riker is filling in the gaps nicely.

maybe that’s the point , it never was all
Picard , it was about the whole bridge crew .

Raffi scenes are fun distraction from the doomship stuff we’ve seen in every movie . Don’t get the hate for her at all.

Hoping for a worf or riker spinoff , btw where’s the elder Laforge?

I wish Stewart could deliver lines like Shatner can at 91.

It'd make this show a lot better.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I really thought Jack Crusher was gonna end up being a clone she made of her dead husband.