Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't have a problem with the aesthetic but the dialogue is more Current Year trash both in the words themselves and the delivery. It's not the future. It's contemporary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dr. Foreman in space?
This vexes me.
1648762163954.png

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With each one of these character previews I lose a tiny bit of faith that this will be a good show.

Nothing has jumped out and said "this is gonna suck", but I can't help but feel ill at ease. Not too sure how to codify it either. /shrug

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
hahahahahaah you had faith this would be a good show?

let me laugh even harder

Laugh Lol GIF

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With each one of these character previews I lose a tiny bit of faith that this will be a good show.

Nothing has jumped out and said "this is gonna suck", but I can't help but feel ill at ease. Not too sure how to codify it either. /shrug
There is a lack of charisma with the cast. Its as if they are reading the lines. I have nothing emotionally invested with the cast save who and what they represent. Nobody will ever be Leonard Nimoy just as nobody will ever be Brent Spiner. The next generation was partially successful because it did not attempt to recreate. That cast and the writing that went with it just worked better. If they could just do a show with a new cast and a new ship that still was based around exploration, it might work fine.

Casting and writing are everything.

• 2Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum

lowest-expectations.gif

• 2Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Feel like they're on board the U.S.S Arrogant, with all over the top personalities in most of those promos. Maybe it's just me but one thing that seems to be missing in the new treks is the "professionalism" of star fleet officers, feels like everyone wants to be more of a wise ass now, acting more like modern day people. Oh well, will have to see how well they all gel together I guess.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Feel like they're on board the U.S.S Arrogant, with all over the top personalities in most of those promos. Maybe it's just me but one thing that seems to be missing in the new treks is the "professionalism" of star fleet officers, feels like everyone wants to be more of a wise ass now, acting more like modern day people. Oh well, will have to see how well they all gel together I guess.

its all blowhards on New Worlds. probably a pass from me but I'll finish Picard S2 no problem