Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I really do wonder what they were thinking by having that very public beta test. Sure it has become something of a marketing null hypothesis that if you don't have a public test or embargo your reviews then the game is terrible...but I think they might have been much better off keeping things under wraps under the broader umbrella of Star Wars secrecy.
I am sure they will do that next time when they release another steaming pile of shit like this in the next "More maps" edition.

Meanwhile, Battlefield 5 is under a 16 month development cycle. Boy, I am sure we are going to be treated to some great new things there too!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well with people like you buying it!!!
They only saw $4.99 which I cancelled immediately after I had purchased it for 30 days. Used copies, EA doesn't get any money - you know this already.

Don't make me beat you over the head with a wet noodle, noodle monkey.

spronk

FPS noob
^ that is just insane, too bad you have to grind to like level 25 to get some of those items.

game is $40 this week at gamestop/amazon, but also the PS4 digital is $40 for the next 48 hours atStar Wars Battlefront Full Game Downloadwith checkout code PS4DEALS (from reddit). Its gonna be $30 next month for sure and $20 in february. Its worth a spin at $20, anything more and... nah, not really

EA/Dice don't seem to give any fucks though, they just released their latest Hardline DLC no discounts or freebies or anything. Titanfall at least made all their DLCs free after 1 year, I don't see EA doing that here.

Variise

N00b
Jesus fuck this game is broken. Saw some bullshit when I played but this is fucking stupid. Did they bother to playtest this POS? Makes you wonder.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CxDmzs2.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So many more PS4 players. I thought we were the masterrace but now I'm questioning it
PS4: Master Race.

I buy everything for my PS4 now and I have a high powered PC too. My reasoning is it is the obvious couch/controller/awesome sound/display and not having to jury rig my PC to do that and/or move it around from my office to the theater, and also it seems more and more PC ports are scaled down to least common denominator development anyway, so I am not missing much. Mods? Looks like they are slowly breaking that barrier down as well.

Now I use my PC to play drunken worms, Hearthstone, and drunken other indie shenanigan games. And I do not need to upgrade to a $300-400 video card every 2 years.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
PS4 is really good. They are getting better with friends list stuff with each update, too.

As soon as they start having steam-style 4 packs available and that sort of thing I'm not even going to miss PC gaming, although I haven't had a PC for gaming in over 2 years now.

I don't think there is a single game that I have missed out on playing in those two years too - at least one that ended up being good. Lots of hyped bullshit that I missed out on though!

Sulrn

Deuces
PS4: Master Race.

I buy everything for my PS4 now and I have a high powered PC too. My reasoning is it is the obvious couch/controller/awesome sound/display and not having to jury rig my PC to do that and/or move it around from my office to the theater, and also it seems more and more PC ports are scaled down to least common denominator development anyway, so I am not missing much. Mods? Looks like they are slowly breaking that barrier down as well.

Now I use my PC to play drunken worms, Hearthstone, and drunken other indie shenanigan games. And I do not need to upgrade to a $300-400 video card every 2 years.
Let me introduce to you:Android/Steam Ware

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Let me introduce to you:Android/Steam Ware
I saw that. How does Steam Link actually pan out though. I have very fast wireless, obviously though I would want to run a network cable to it, and they are on opposite ends of the floor. Also, sound translates to just stereo correct?

Edit: Just checked. No surround. So that automatically defeats itself. I would rather take the marginal graphical fidelity hit than take the sound hit and revert back to stereo. (If that?) I suppose it would be good to play some of my steam library but didn't care about the overall sound experience. Like say, Xcom or Divinty.

Edit 2: Meh. It's only 50 bucks. It may be fun to play with regardless.

Sulrn

Deuces
You should consider Adroid Tv Nvidia Shield (towards the end of the thread).

PC Experience + easily hackable for emulations off the tablet itself.