Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't clicked the link, are all the new characters/things bundled in with the "premium" ad on?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Well, not really. Save the fact that everyone is doing it these days anyway. I am miffed that the entire business model, which seems to be more and more accepted, is that it will be $99 for a full game when maps are easy as shit to create and should be free to support the IP of the game itself (Battlefront). And in this case, like Kedwyn said, there is a strong inclination based on previous map support in other games they produce that the maps do not equate against the game modes - which would at least help a bit if it did.

I guess I long for the days of when maps were a thank you (Because they are so damn easy to produce) for supporting the company and the game. It wasn't THAT long ago when I was downloading free Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Maps on the original Xbox. And based on what I saw on Walker Assault and Hoth, it isn't like they are pouring a lot of thought into map balance/spawn points/game balance. But, capitalism and all that. So, what do you do.

I have not bought a season pass ever, nor will I. Pre-ordering games doesn't make any sense - because there isn't a Gamestop or Bestbuy where you can't pick up the game on release day and not have all the day one codes for pre-ordering usually in the box anyway or on the receipt.

Paying $50 for a season pass no one knows anything about save some vague references to the number of maps is pretty damn silly to expect consumers to do. I wonder how much they sell. People would be better off cherry picking the DLC or waiting until all of it releases. It's almost as silly as buying episodic games (Telltale) for full price at launch and get 1/5th of your game, where if you just wait until all the episodes are released you can play it all in one setting and usually save 75% on the full title by then.
Cut this down to 3 sentences and write it in old English lettering, and I'll tattoo it over my heart.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I didn't pre-order a copy of Divinity: Original Sin for PS4... It ended up being sold out in my whole city until TODAY.

weirdest thing ever

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...I don't see any reason to order anything but the standard edition. Am I missing something?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm sad that this game will probably sell million+ copies

because no one will make a Star Wars game I really want to play

spronk

FPS noob
Ok...I don't see any reason to order anything but the standard edition. Am I missing something?
deluxe edition is trash, like 2 of the 3 items get unlocked by everyone and the exclusive item is pretty dumb

but you do need the refrigerator version at walmart

k2-_ca3d87d9-f010-4258-b59d-106dab1c4dcb.v4.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-...ridge/46708255

spronk

FPS noob
apparently if you play battlefront you die IRL so ... be careful I guess. Also EA Access members should get access to battlefront in like... 2 days?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Based on my experience in Beta, I think im going to pass on this one. Its ok for what it is, basically an arcade type shooter, but I was expecting maybe something with a little more girth to it, maybe a BF set in SW universe if you get me. Both my kids were not impressed by it either. Undoubtedly it will sell, but dont forget that the younger generations dont give two shits about the Star Wars thing like us older dudes do from the 70s and 80s. Both my two kids could give two shits about Star Wars, and yes they watched all the movies.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm probably going to get it. I had fun. It's Star Wars, and I have nothing else to play really.

I'm not Fallout guy, and there is no MMO on the horizon I care about.

spronk

FPS noob
Played for a couple hours, got up to level 7. This game... this game is not good. 9 MP modes (TDM, flag, walker assault, pod assault, tie fighter vs x-wing, etc) and 9 maps. 24 equip unlocks, 11 weapon unlocks, and 153 appearance unlocks (da fuq). most are stupid shit like male/female hair, maybe 5 or 6 that you'd actually want but they are all locked away at the bottom of the tree requiring level 50, etc.

if this was anything other than star wars it'd just be a mediocre f2p game that no one gives a shit about, ala warframe/planetside/blacklight. But... it does have star wars skins, and that makes it sorta fun. Not $60 fun though. Not "i'll be playing this past a month" fun, not "buy it digitally", not "buy the season pass" fun. Like.. $20-30 fun, for 1-2 hour sessions, maybe twice a week, with a buddy and both of you are really into star wars.

game feel and gun control are ok, they are nowhere near as tight/fluid as destiny or titanfall or black ops 3. A bit sluggish, TTKs are a bit slower but not as slow as gears of war. Radar is a mixed bag, nice for close enemies and pretty useless for anyone else. I wonder if there is a way to fool the radar, so far it seems to find everyone which makes sneaking up anyone really hard. Range weapons really seem to rule the ground, trying to get close to anyone is suicidal.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Feels like there's zero hype for this game. I didn't like the beta but I have been sort of considering picking it up just because of how bad FO4 is. Kind of like an emotional spite purchase. The gameplay wasn't that bad on PC it just felt like the most pointless affair, like generic kill-die-respawn gameplay

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Played for a couple hours, got up to level 7. This game... this game is not good. 9 MP modes (TDM, flag, walker assault, pod assault, tie fighter vs x-wing, etc) and 9 maps. 24 equip unlocks, 11 weapon unlocks, and 153 appearance unlocks (da fuq). most are stupid shit like male/female hair, maybe 5 or 6 that you'd actually want but they are all locked away at the bottom of the tree requiring level 50, etc.

if this was anything other than star wars it'd just be a mediocre f2p game that no one gives a shit about, ala warframe/planetside/blacklight. But... it does have star wars skins, and that makes it sorta fun. Not $60 fun though. Not "i'll be playing this past a month" fun, not "buy it digitally", not "buy the season pass" fun. Like.. $20-30 fun, for 1-2 hour sessions, maybe twice a week, with a buddy and both of you are really into star wars.

game feel and gun control are ok, they are nowhere near as tight/fluid as destiny or titanfall or black ops 3. A bit sluggish, TTKs are a bit slower but not as slow as gears of war. Radar is a mixed bag, nice for close enemies and pretty useless for anyone else. I wonder if there is a way to fool the radar, so far it seems to find everyone which makes sneaking up anyone really hard. Range weapons really seem to rule the ground, trying to get close to anyone is suicidal.
How you pull this off?