Star Wars Battlefront II

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And lol wow. A new Star Wars game is number 27 on the twitch list. That’s all sorts of awesome.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, this is starting to be a bit much.

We’ve heard your opinion. Time to let people who want to discuss the game to do so.

There’s a thread you can discuss F2P models in: Microtransactions

In this case it's not even near off topic.

You need to create an "I'm a sucker" thread and post in that.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Quaid. Is there anyone even online? How’s multiplayer by yourself. :)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
In this case it's not even near off topic.

You need to create an "I'm a sucker" thread and post in that.

No, it’s not off topic, but repeating the same rehashed shit over and over and monopolizing a thread with it is unwelcome behaviour.

Ask Tanoomba about it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Would not mind a single player can where I can rolfstop rebels as Vader like in that video. Would prefer if it costs less than $2100
You can, it's called jedi knight 2 and you use the console commands to spawn hundreds of guys.

I loved spawning dozens of mon momthmas foor desaan to rape.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No, it’s not off topic, but repeating the same rehashed shit over and over and monopolizing a thread with it is unwelcome behaviour.

Ask Tanoomba about it.

@Tanoomba woukdnt even play this game and he loved gone home. :)

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully the game makes it to torrents soon enough so I can play the SP campaign and then burn it off my HD forever. Fuck EA.

Also anecdotal, but I was out today and some people were talking about it like it was the best thing ever. I would imagine 99% of Timmies don't go online and read all the Micro transaction bullshit, this is the kind of game parents buy for their kids from Walmart and all the drama is totally lost on them. I imagine the vocal minority of us who are paying attention is quite small compared to the millions of people who will buy the game. I hope I am wrong through and they feel the pain. Regardless of how shitty this is, I feel like this is the future of gaming and we better lube up.

• 1Solidarity

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I bought it. I love all things Battlefield and Star Wars. Can progress just fine without buying shit. I have been. Most scrubs are too terrible to get 8k BP in a match anyway no idea why they're worried about heroes.

Not to mention this epic card bs is just that. Hardly game changing, as the guns and perks are situational. Also have to be rank 20 with SC score of 20+ for max epics anyway.

So ya. Halfway through the campaign and its been fun so far and looks amazing.

Want to stop rmt? Stop buying games entirely because they all have it. More ppl are willing to buy than bitch I suppose.

• 7Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Hah.

Yah, right. This douchebag ...

Got all three (Most damage, most kills, and something else, I forget), hasn't played all the maps, and only has one epic card.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Hah.

Yah, right. This douchebag ...

Got all three (Most damage, most kills, and something else, I forget), hasn't played all the maps, and only has one epic card.

Now imagine how much more imbalanced it would have been if he had bought $90 worth of crates.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I bought it. I love all things Battlefield and Star Wars. Can progress just fine without buying shit. I have been. Most scrubs are too terrible to get 8k BP in a match anyway no idea why they're worried about heroes.

Not to mention this epic card bs is just that. Hardly game changing, as the guns and perks are situational. Also have to be rank 20 with SC score of 20+ for max epics anyway.

So ya. Halfway through the campaign and its been fun so far and looks amazing.

Want to stop rmt? Stop buying games entirely because they all have it. More ppl are willing to buy than bitch I suppose.

Congratulations, you just told EA that you're fine with them selling you content that actively gives people an advantage by paying.

I'm not surprised that there are retards like you who do this, but I'm always a little bit disappointed.

Enjoy your "AAA" winter experience though, I'm sure you'll be in line to buy the same game again next year.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea fuck pay to win. Its a cancerous practice that needs to stay in the land of MMO's or games where it makes sense.

If you are going to do transaction content in a online shooter, just allow players to spend 10-40$ on loot crates that randomize different gear components for your character strictly for visual enhancement. I dont have a problem with players spending their own money to have Luke Skywalkers secret Dagobah outfit or some shit, that way he gets some exclusivity, but it doesnt enhance his chances of winning.

I actually think thats the best of both worlds. Having an awesome outfit that makes other players jealous will just lead to more players buying, which is what EA wants, but it wont create an unfair playing field. Why is this so hard?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
500$ dollars loot crate for a legit
in game aimbot is coming. Said it here first.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yea fuck pay to win. Its a cancerous practice that needs to stay in the land of MMO's or games where it makes sense.

If you are going to do transaction content in a online shooter, just allow players to spend 10-40$ on loot crates that randomize different gear components for your character strictly for visual enhancement. I dont have a problem with players spending their own money to have Luke Skywalkers secret Dagobah outfit or some shit, that way he gets some exclusivity, but it doesnt enhance his chances of winning.

I actually think thats the best of both worlds. Having an awesome outfit that makes other players jealous will just lead to more players buying, which is what EA wants, but it wont create an unfair playing field. Why is this so hard?

Because that method is already old news. League, Overwatch, Rocket league, DOTA2, etc. They all sell cosmetic items that have been a huge cash cow, hell I've spent obscene amounts of money on league and DOTA skins because they've been my default games when I'm not binging on a new title. But if you're trying to figure out how to make more profit out of the system then the obvious choice is you have to increase the population of whales purchasing your loot boxes. So you already have the vanity or prestige whales (like me sad to say), who do you target next? The competitive players. The people who feel that if they aren't playing with optimal setups that they aren't playing "right". The very type of people who don't necessarily care about visual upgrades and will either play for free or just the box price, but get a fire lit under their ass if they lost because the other player did five percent more base damage that they cannot obtain through standard play.

The key things that make this obscene to me even though I have no issues with vanity upgrades is the idea that I'm paying full retail price for an incomplete game. This is the same reason I didn't buy ME3 and various other titles where core components of the story line were not included base in order to seek more profit. In this type of game though the offense is more grievous because your characters literally cannot perform optimally without either an inordinate amount of time spent or large outlays of cash.

Secondly, the fact that this game will not be relevant a year from now. I can justify, to myself at least, spending the money I have on cosmetics in DOTA and League because the games have long lifespans and when I look at time spent playing them the dollar investment works out for me. If I want to be competitive while this game is relevant I'm spending hundreds of dollars if not more for a game that will have run its course because they will be releasing the next iteration a year down the line. Not cool at all.

Last edited:

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Now imagine how much more imbalanced it would have been if he had bought $90 worth of crates.

That's my point. He either had to have spent some money on loot boxes, or be backed by EA. To have an epic card, which to my understanding is very difficult to achieve you would have to play through each map at least a couple'a dozen times.

Him?

"Huh, I wonder what this map is..."

/facepalm

srsly?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Anyone else find it totally pointless to play as the hero ships in Starfighter Assault? You become an immediate target and can’t do shit. There’s a couple with decent defensive abilities on some of them but GL using the millennium falcon against anyone decent.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Anyone else find it totally pointless to play as the hero ships in Starfighter Assault? You become an immediate target and can’t do shit. There’s a couple with decent defensive abilities but GL using the millennium falcon against anyone with a fatter wallet.

FTFY.

• 1Worf