Star Wars Battlefront II

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So the precedent is set. Next time there is a game with loot crates giving you a supreme edge over noobs hurry up and whale out before they take them out and force (choke) every one else to get owned in the face by you for the next month.

It's almost worth the cost just to troll people.

Like seriously, this is a pay to troll system and maybe that's what EA's strat was all along.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
So the precedent is set. Next time there is a game with loot crates giving you a supreme edge over noobs hurry up and whale out before they take them out and force (choke) every one else to get owned in the face by you for the next month.

Yah, looks like the price of games just jumped from $60 to $2160. Or in EA's words, "Just right."

:O

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The amount of "sponsored" streamers saying "oh guys the micro transactions are gone if that was gonna influence your decision" is gut churning. These StarWarsHQ streamer fucks are just ignoring their chat that is just a walllll of sellout spam and calling them out when they forget to mention the removal is temporary but coming back.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
As far as the "paid influencers" go I would bet that they all have some bog standard non disparagement clause in their contract so they can't say anything even if they do hate it. Take the devil's money and you'll find yourself sucking his dick.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hey guys the micro is gone except we arent rolling anything back so all the people that were going to whale it up already have. HAVE FUN CATCHING UP!!!

EA really is evil.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So everyone, huge insider information from someone with the initials of Peanut Boat..... who used to work with DICE, has told me they no longer wanted to be with the company because of this exact bullshit game they were going to produce.

Plans included this EXACT marketing plan. TO THE FUCKING TEE.

1) Alienate the base causing massive PR hype (Negative)
2) Bury the real MTX system behind crafting, deflect to Heros. Plant forum posters to talk about the hero system and how you cannot be vader or luke.
3) Come back and PR correct with lowering hero costs along with at the same time lowering rewards.
4) Pause 1 day.
5) Suspend MTX system entirely. Leaving the same progression system. PR positive hype on that alone, ignore current progression system.
6) December 19th, 4 days after the movie, re-release same MTX system.
7) Drop price to half on day of movie launch
8) PR will be gone by then. But we still reaped the benefits of bad press - It's Star Wars no one will care. Gamers are stupid. We want the other 99% who don't know anything about gaming and buy this for their kid who just walked out of the movie.

I guarantee you this conversation happened.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Glad i bought lego force awakens for my starwars fix when it was on sale last week on PSN for $7.50. It was $80 11 months ago.
I look forward to Lego Last Jedi for under $10 in late 2018.

• 1Worf

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Starfighter Assault is a real hoot man. Woke up wanting to play it first thing.

I’m gonna play this an hour a day for many months. Great value.

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Also, anecdotal but;

Played about 7-8 matches last night. Wasn’t killed by a single person with an epic star card. It seems that either not many people have them yet, or the matchmaking system is doing a fair job sorting players.

Main problem I have so far is the number of retards. If you have even 3-4 competent players hitting objectives, it’s a guaranteed win. Most people are content derping around in prolonged dogfights though.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
While I'm sure they will do the thing with reactivating for the movie release and shit, I don't believe for one second they planned to have that much of a fuckfest inbetween. The beta > reduced costs with reduced rewards > give different version to reviewers so they say it unlocks quickly and not to worry, sure, but don't believe they planned on the bullshit reaching the frontpage of reddit for several days in a row and then having to turn it off. They definitely just assumed people bitching would stay a small fringe like usual and keep selling shit to whales. They'll make money when the movies release regardless, they don't have to turn it off then back on for that to work. Also they probably already sold a large part of what they wanted to sell anyway, since whales will often just buy everything right away since it's the best time to buy(have nothing unlocked and can beat other people who also don't have anything unlocked).

The turning it off is just a PR move to try to appease people/get them to forget about it and it's probably minimal losses with it being on for a few days and it being on when the movies release.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Is this $20 yet? I just want to play through the single player missions, blow up some spaceships, attempt 1 multiplayer map where I get demolished by gangs of dipshit 11 year-olds, and then never touch it again.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is this $20 yet? I just want to play through the single player missions, blow up some spaceships, attempt 1 multiplayer map where I get demolished by gangs of dipshit 11 year-olds, and then never touch it again.

SP sucks and ends in a cliffhanger. Never now to be completed. Rent it if you must. Do the right thing. Not a cent. Not a fucking cent. Regardless of the impending “sale” to flood the base for MTX.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

spronk

FPS noob
[
Star Wars: Battlefront II almost had way more Overwatch-style hero skins
During the development of Star Wars: Battlefront II, developer DICE began work on a mode that played like Overwatch and featured a similar business model to Blizzard’s team-based hero shooter, according to sources familiar with the production (who asked that I not print their names or titles to protect their employment). The mode would have focused on teamwork and squad composition, and — more importantly — it would have favored cosmetic items like hero costumes in its loot boxes over perks and weapons. Most of these ideas were dropped from Battlefront II due, at least in part, to a request from Disney’s Star Wars division Lucasfilm.

I don’t know why Lucasfilm would ask EA not to pursue a cosmetics-heavy Overwatch-like mode. Lucasfilm gaming boss Douglas Reilly told me during a conversation this week that canon isn’t a concern when it comes to what goes into a loot box. So that’s probably not the problem. And even if Disney did have good reasoning, EA should’ve known it wouldn’t get away with this. But whatever the origin for this decision, fans should look to see how Battlefront II’s business model changes moving forward.

Its all George Lucas's fault

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
[
Star Wars: Battlefront II almost had way more Overwatch-style hero skins
During the development of Star Wars: Battlefront II, developer DICE began work on a mode that played like Overwatch and featured a similar business model to Blizzard’s team-based hero shooter, according to sources familiar with the production (who asked that I not print their names or titles to protect their employment). The mode would have focused on teamwork and squad composition, and — more importantly — it would have favored cosmetic items like hero costumes in its loot boxes over perks and weapons. Most of these ideas were dropped from Battlefront II due, at least in part, to a request from Disney’s Star Wars division Lucasfilm.

I don’t know why Lucasfilm would ask EA not to pursue a cosmetics-heavy Overwatch-like mode. Lucasfilm gaming boss Douglas Reilly told me during a conversation this week that canon isn’t a concern when it comes to what goes into a loot box. So that’s probably not the problem. And even if Disney did have good reasoning, EA should’ve known it wouldn’t get away with this. But whatever the origin for this decision, fans should look to see how Battlefront II’s business model changes moving forward.

Its all George Lucas's fault

Better yet. Why the fuck are you playing this when you could have gotten a refund from Sony.

Time to shame your sorry ass.

Love you. Not gay. But wtf.