Star Wars Battlefront II

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not ok with EA fucking people over by letting server performance problems persist.

I don't think buying star cards gives people the huge advantage people think it gives.

I'm not ok with people AFK farming credits that fuck over other players that paid the same amount to play the same game.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
New movie challenge thing unlocked in game today, you have to pick a side - rebellion or First Order - at login, and apparently there are daily challenges that your "faction" has to complete. If your faction completes it on first order side, you get Phasma unlock. Finn for rebellion. Obviously First Order > rebellion

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that seems a no brainer hail the first order I guess. Phasma seems a lot more interesting and looks a lot better than finn does.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Most of the backlash stems from this simply being an EA game. I can't fucking stand EA, I hate what they've turned the gaming market into. This is the first EA title I've bought in a long time. I agree that EA deserves to be shit on but all of the SJW bullshit about this being pay to win is hilarious. Go play some real pay to win Korean games. Ohh look, this guy one shot me because he spent 500$ to buy a weapon that you can't access normally in the game. That's pay to win. Or go play something like Black Desert where you can buy outfits that let you craft directly from your storage inventory. That's pay for convenience. Paying for extra randomized loot boxes that give star cards is paying to progress. If you had a chance to get nothing out of those loot boxes that would be gambling. Some will still say it's gambling anyways.

All you assholes who are AFK farming credits and ruining other peoples time can go fucking die. Seriously. Fuck. You. You're on the same level as the 13 year old who stole their moms credit card to pay someone to DDoS a login server. Your place in hell is reserved right next to people that talk during movies.

Simply because they know how to do it better, does not make BF2 not P2W. As I said, I can't wait for our Chinese overlords to take over our gaming market.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The issue is when you have 2 players of equal skill one has payed the money and got the cards the other has not, who will win? if the answer is 9 out of 10 times the person who has paid the money to get the cards then that is a flaw in the system and becomes pay to win.

If it is 50/50 like it would be without the cards then hey not really a pay to win system

Honestly its probably who saw the other one first. No matter how good your star cards are the time to live is pretty short and once people have upgraded their better weapons 1v1 combats don't tend to last long. Starcards help but the weapons and weapon mods are way more impactful on the fight than the starcards are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think its gambling. But others do, so whatevs. But I do think there are people out thee that are stupid enough to spend their parents $13K on dumb shit in games, lol.

• 2Picard

spronk

FPS noob
1970s and 80s: 19 year old making shit wage spends all his money on drugs and whores, dies in his late 20s from heroin OD
2017: 19 year old making shit wage spends all his money on Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot crates, makes kotaku and youtube headlines, dies in his late 20s from no one giving a shit about him

fucking millennials, can't even make shitty life choices correctly

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Nightmare

For those that think that this isn't gambling.

Watched the video. With the evidence presented I guess i'll have to revise what I personally think gambling is. I was lumping loot boxes in the same category as trading card games but even those are gambling when explained in this context. I was wrong, thank you for posting the video. Apologies to whomever I argued with about this not being gambling.

• 2Like

Nightmare

Well of course they'll try to keep going with them. When MTXs are more than double the actual box sales they aren't going to let it go.