Star Wars Battlefront II

Brikker

Trump's Staff
1970s and 80s: 19 year old making shit wage spends all his money on drugs and whores, dies in his late 20s from heroin OD
2017: 19 year old making shit wage spends all his money on Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot crates, makes kotaku and youtube headlines, dies in his late 20s from no one giving a shit about him

fucking millennials, can't even make shitty life choices correctly

Most people born in the 80''s are millenials

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Isn't this exactly what Utnayan said would happen? Or is my memory fuzzy?

The exact same thing happened last time with Battlefront 1 prior to Christmas.

They always dunk the prices to try and bring in sales before Christmas time.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Isn't this exactly what Utnayan said would happen? Or is my memory fuzzy?

Go read the rickshaw thread. His "insider source" information was wrong multiple ways. Not 21 days. Not 50%. Not ubisoft. Not all games. Multiple retailers weren't discounted.

His bigger point about mtx is generally valid but a prediction about Christmas season drops isn't a tough one.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
ut said the price would be 50% off during the release of TLJ which is next thursday (14th) so still has a week to see what happens. He also said microtransactions / paid loot crates would return to the game soon after christmas

$39 is also a 35% discount, not a 50%. Its $39.99 this week at target for physical, nowhere else, and its not on sale next week at best buy or target - their ads have already leaked. Although maybe his source meant the week following the movie, so still a week to go

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dalien

Registered Hodor
This may be anecdotal but I was at Target today buying shit and I took a detour by the video games section to see what the price was.

Still selling for $60 for both PS4 and XB1 and $80 for the elite super dumbass edition.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Last Jedi "seasonal" content looks visually interesting and they seem to have implemented scenes from the movie quite well. They are also continuing the single player campaign which bridges the gap between ROTJ and Force Awakens so I feel the need to play that at the very least

• 1Smuggly

spronk

FPS noob
This may be anecdotal but I was at Target today buying shit and I took a detour by the video games section to see what the price was.

Still selling for $60 for both PS4 and XB1 and $80 for the elite super dumbass edition.

they probably just didn't put up the price changes, the base version is $39.99 in store for ps4/xb1. The deluxe is still $80 tho. Its also $39.99 at microsoft store today
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Its also $38.99 on XBL and PSN for the game awards 2017
Buy STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II - Microsoft Store
STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The Last Jedi "seasonal" content looks visually interesting and they seem to have implemented scenes from the movie quite well. They are also continuing the single player campaign which bridges the gap between ROTJ and Force Awakens so I feel the need to play that at the very least
Its also free.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They chose to go the route of free DLC for battlefront 2 while trying to do microtransactions. It has the advantage of not segmenting the playerbase like in battlefront 1 but the badly done microtransaction model pissed off a lot of potential customers.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the outlash was too overblown by bandwagon of folks that never understood the system to begin with. For the 100th time star cards are not an issue in the game that everyone makes it out to be. Its more like buying exp potions and making the grind less. Is it pay to win? hardly.

Besides now there is no micros and were still getting free dlc, so its win win, lol.

• 1Salty

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
the size of the maps completely turn me off on top of the unethical behaviour. I expected battlefield sized maps not CoD sized maps.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
While it was only a couple people, the digs at EA last night were awesome.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I think the outlash was too overblown by bandwagon of folks that never understood the system to begin with. For the 100th time star cards are not an issue in the game that everyone makes it out to be. Its more like buying exp potions and making the grind less. Is it pay to win? hardly.

Besides now there is no micros and were still getting free dlc, so its win win, lol.

Apart from the gameplay, sure.

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Shill harder. You might be able to squeeze a couple'a more sales outta those people that were undecided. You might earn four cents more on your pay check from EA.

• 2Salty
  • 1Worf

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

If they were too overblown then people would eventually see that and people would actually buy the game. The thing is peoples reactions were right on the money, which is why this game is doing so terribly. Sry you bought a bad game :(
giphy.gif

• 2Worf

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Hadn’t played in a few days and wow... the lag now is un-fucking-playable.

• 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lag in game is weird. It is fine for a bit and then you hit some maps where it is damn near unplayable then it goes back to fine. Not sure if the servers are borked or if they are getting DDOSed or what.