Star Wars Battlefront II

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Evidence like that fake news video? Want me to post some screeniews when I get home proving to you that the dude was lying in that video? You ant even buy shit in this game, they turned that shit off when the game released? What whales? Where? You mean people that play the shit out of this game being stronger than plebs that dont? Welcome to gaming 101.

You actually still believe you can still buy shit in this game?

How We've Updated Crates and Progression - STAR WARS Battlefront II

• Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order and deluxe.
  • You'll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won't be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.
  • Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.
  • Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.
An Update on Star Wars Battlefront II
We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Evidence like that fake news video? Want me to post some screeniews when I get home proving to you that the dude was lying in that video? You ant even buy shit in this game, they turned that shit off when the game released? What whales? Where? You mean people that play the shit out of this game being stronger than plebs that dont? Welcome to gaming 101.

You actually still believe you can still buy shit in this game?

They didn't turn it off as soon as it launched, they turned it off a day or two after. YES, there are people fully decked playing the game, yes they said they'd turn it back on later. The blowback came a few days after everyone realized you could do this.

The review copies they sent out had COMPLETELY different point systems than what went to live and people were actually looking forward to the game based on this reviews. Then EA changed everything for the worse, way way way worse. Did you follow the story at all?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Exactly what I said. Its misleading and wrong. Since 1. You cant buy shit in this game since live release. 2. Purple star card have level requirements (lv25 star card level and lv25 player level to craft a purple) 3. You cant buy levels, you have to play the game. 3. purple cards dont drop from crates. Maybe that was beta or some shit? LOL?

That's not true since they didn't disable the MTX system until after Early Access which carried over. So anyone could purchase and that all carried over to the live launch for people who bought special editions. I doubt a lot of people did, but it was still live for a period of time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's not true since they didn't disable the MTX system until after Early Access which carried over. So anyone could purchase and that all carried over to the live launch for people who bought special editions. I doubt a lot of people did, but it was still live for a period of time.

It was a week, and AGAIN, you cannot purchase purples. Which are, AGAIN, locked behind levels. So yeah, early access might of got a jump on things but they definitely were not purchasing purple star cards like that video you showed, which is fake news and misleading. That bobba had to play the shit out of the game to get those purples. for reference I have about 80-100 hours in and I just got like lv28.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It was a week, and AGAIN, you cannot purchase purples. Which are, AGAIN, locked behind levels. So yeah, early access might of got a jump on things but they definitely were not purchasing purple star cards like that video you showed, which is fake news and misleading. That bobba had to play the shit out of the game to get those purples. for reference I have about 80-100 hours in and I just got like lv28.

Most people were hitting 20 in less than 20 hours played. And while you cannot buy purple cards as they do not drop from crates, level 3 blue tiers did drop, and you would use crafting parts (From crates) to upgrade those to purple. The real MTX Pay to Win was in the crafting parts and blue cards that would drop. So really the main reason people would run to the MTX system? To get crafting parts to upgrade to their purple unless they wanted to grind hours on end. That was the smoke and mirrors portion. With that said, you can still get tier 3 blues from crates - that's bad enough.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good luck getting lv 25 in 20 hours. I would like to see you try. Maybe the die hard 24/7 no lifers were. You were also telling me you could dismantle star cards into crafting parts which is also false so I dont believe you, Yes you can get blues from crates but thats like .0001% chance. I have opened hundreds of creates and only saw one blue and it was suck tier. Either way I already explained to you why those star cards are not as powerful as you make them to be. With tropers, its all about those guns, like I already told you. I woudl gladly take an officer with fully upgraded bluurg rather than a purple star card officer with noob weapon 100%. Maybe with heroes it matters a bit, but who plays that mode anyway. Its all about the galactic assault and galactic space battles. Those other modes pretty much suck and are boring at least for me they are. But you would see all this if you played the game, and you never will so its something we will have to agree to disagree on.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good luck getting lv 25 in 20 hours. I would like to see you try. Maybe the die hard 24/7 no lifers were. You were also telling me you could dismantle star cards into crafting parts which is also false so I dont believe you, Yes you can get blues from crates but thats like .0001% chance. I have opened hundreds of creates and only saw one blue and it was suck tier. Either way I already explained to you why those star cards are not as powerful as you make them to be. With tropers, its all about those guns, like I already told you. I woudl gladly take an officer with fully upgraded bluurg rather than a purple star card officer with noob weapon 100%. Maybe with heroes it matters a bit, but who plays that mode anyway. Its all about the galactic assault and galactic space battles. Those other modes pretty much suck and are boring at least for me they are. But you would see all this if you played the game, and you never will so its something we will have to agree to disagree on.

There was obvious issues of p2w horseshit prior to them removing it from the game, but we shouldnt pay attention to that because theyve temporarily suspended the MTXs? You have to put in around 100 hours before you can equip the epic items that you can get. The tier of equipment below that drop at .0001%. And over half of the game sucks and isnt even worth playing. Gee you make it sound like so much fun I dont know why people arent going out to buy this game

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Holy shit they multiplied the credits per match by a crazy amount. Something near 300% in Starfighter Assault.

Anecdotal for those who care:

I play about an hour a day, every day, and I’m rank 11. Early on it was more, and I’m probably sitting around 25-30 hours total. I did not spend a dime. I play Starfighter mode only.
I have crafted my way up to Star Card level 10 on my Interceptor, which means I have all 3 slots filled with green (tier 2 of 4) cards.
I am consistently in the top 10% of 'geared' players in matches I join.
I estimate 60% of the players in each match are below Star Card level 3.
I have not encountered anyone with more than two tier 4 star cards. The ones that I’ve seen with two have them from pre-order bonuses on hero ships.
I have not seen a single base Starfighter (Fighter, Bomber, Interceptor) with even a single tier 4 star card.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
the reason you don't see level 4 cards is because 95% of them aren't worth the cost.

Could it also have something to do with the leveling time required to craft Tier 4 Star Cards being massive?

You need Rank 30 and Star Card level 25 to craft Tier 4. A conservative guess is probably around 50-60 hours played if my experience is anywhere near common. The game launched 17 days ago. What percentage of players are putting in 3+ hours per day? Maybe 5% tops?

Argarth

On the verandah
This might turn out to be a good game in about a year from now... after it's been totally forgotten.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
This might turn out to be a good game in about a year from now... after it's been totally forgotten.

A multiplayer game will never be good later in life since you need a ton of people at your level curve to play against. The game is best now, in a year hardly anyone will be playing and of those that are, you can be sure many will have max gear and shit and will just curb stomp new players.

Of course everyone has to have their own line as to what type of gaming/company they are willing to support and what they aren't, I'm too old and lazy for that shit so I play the game a few hours a week and enjoy it, I have never so far felt like a whale is kicking my ass because he plays more/spent more, if my side is losing its always because we have a few people who suck balls but thats no different than any objective PVP game. Going away for a few hours while my rubber band plays the game for me and coming back to +8k credits is absolutely awesome though, even though its a completely fucked up way of gaming.

Its too bad the SP campaign is so shallow, the first 3 missions are great and I really got into the "this is fucking cool, this is post ROTJ from the other side" but then the campaign turns quickly into fan fiction garbage. If this is the quality level that EA can pump out for single player then its no wonder the other SP star wars game got shuffled around.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Star cards are not as powerful as people think they are. People are just coming up with excuses because they died in a pvp game and some other person had a star card that let them use a skill 2 seconds faster. I see good players being top ranked on teams with nothing but the default guns all the time. The only card that I can think of that gives you a real advantage where if the other player doesn't have that card they lose is the turning rate card on the interceptor. That's just one card though and it only really applies in galaxy assault where your fighting 1v1 or 1v2. In Starfighter maps there's just too many people shooting at you at distance for that to matter. Shit, the most fun I have in the game is reliving my old mag mowing experience on Endor via speeder bikes. That takes no cards.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Star cards are not as powerful as people think they are. People are just coming up with excuses because they died in a pvp game and some other person had a star card that let them use a skill 2 seconds faster.

Thats what Ive been trying to tell these fools but they dont listen.They think if they equip 3 purple star cards, like the ones UT pointed out a few pages back, which no one ever uses lul, this will make them gods among men and its some unfair advantage. Its simply not. Its simply an extra .5 meters on your grenade, or like you said, an extra 2-3 seconds faster cooldown on an ability.

Spronk, the only thing that makes a loosing side in galactic assault is people not pushing the point, either on defence or offense. And no, a year from now there wont be some magical shit that makes people curbstomp other noobs in this game because there isnt any such thing. Only thing I can see is the guns, but most people 2 weeks in already have most guns unlocked. So you would be seeing this mass curbstomp already playing out, but you dont. Because just like any other shooter there is more to beating someone than the gear or guns or star cards. Sure all that shit helps, but good awareness, good aim and good positioning will win 100%. In other words a god player will always beat the bad one, gear or not. One thing I noticed in this game is that its not liek other shooters, I think there is a whole bunch of star wars nerd fans that are hopeless at shooters. Now im not saying that Im the best here or anything, because im average at best, but Ive ran into some true potatoes in this game, moreso than other games for sure. You pull off a good flank sometimes and can destroy 3-4 people bunched up and while youre killing them all, they are so tunnel visioned they dont even look your way or notice the glaring red on their radar.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The issue is when you have 2 players of equal skill one has payed the money and got the cards the other has not, who will win? if the answer is 9 out of 10 times the person who has paid the money to get the cards then that is a flaw in the system and becomes pay to win.

If it is 50/50 like it would be without the cards then hey not really a pay to win system

• 2Solidarity

Nightmare

Thats what Ive been trying to tell these fools but they dont listen.They think if they equip 3 purple star cards, like the ones UT pointed out a few pages back, which no one ever uses lul, this will make them gods among men and its some unfair advantage. Its simply not. Its simply an extra .5 meters on your grenade, or like you said, an extra 2-3 seconds faster cooldown on an ability.
Most of the backlash stems from this simply being an EA game. I can't fucking stand EA, I hate what they've turned the gaming market into. This is the first EA title I've bought in a long time. I agree that EA deserves to be shit on but all of the SJW bullshit about this being pay to win is hilarious. Go play some real pay to win Korean games. Ohh look, this guy one shot me because he spent 500$ to buy a weapon that you can't access normally in the game. That's pay to win. Or go play something like Black Desert where you can buy outfits that let you craft directly from your storage inventory. That's pay for convenience. Paying for extra randomized loot boxes that give star cards is paying to progress. If you had a chance to get nothing out of those loot boxes that would be gambling. Some will still say it's gambling anyways.

All you assholes who are AFK farming credits and ruining other peoples time can go fucking die. Seriously. Fuck. You. You're on the same level as the 13 year old who stole their moms credit card to pay someone to DDoS a login server. Your place in hell is reserved right next to people that talk during movies.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty

Nightmare

The issue is when you have 2 players of equal skill one has payed the money and got the cards the other has not, who will win? if the answer is 9 out of 10 times the person who has paid the money to get the cards then that is a flaw in the system and becomes pay to win.

If it is 50/50 like it would be without the cards then hey not really a pay to win system
Having star cards that decrease your cool down on an ability by 2-3 seconds will have no bearing on this type of encounter. It would all come down to weapon selection and engagement distance which has nothing to do with star cards. I say engagement distance due to weapon damage falloff.

• 2Barf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Most of the backlash stems from this simply being an EA game. I can't fucking stand EA, I hate what they've turned the gaming market into. This is the first EA title I've bought in a long time. I agree that EA deserves to be shit on but all of the SJW bullshit about this being pay to win is hilarious. Go play some real pay to win Korean games. Ohh look, this guy one shot me because he spent 500$ to buy a weapon that you can't access normally in the game. That's pay to win. Or go play something like Black Desert where you can buy outfits that let you craft directly from your storage inventory. That's pay for convenience. Paying for extra randomized loot boxes that give star cards is paying to progress. If you had a chance to get nothing out of those loot boxes that would be gambling. Some will still say it's gambling anyways.

All you assholes who are AFK farming credits and ruining other peoples time can go fucking die. Seriously. Fuck. You. You're on the same level as the 13 year old who stole their moms credit card to pay someone to DDoS a login server. Your place in hell is reserved right next to people that talk during movies.

Okay with EA fucking him, not okay with customers who were fucked by EA gaming the shitty system. You can't explain that.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not buying this game, even if they have fixed most of the issues.

To be fair I wasn't that interested anyways. But having recently picked up Destiny 2 and enjoyed it (enough to get my money's worth), I decided to look into this game.

EA deserves to be punished (as do most developers) for the loot box plague happening now. So I voted with my wallet.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users