Star Wars Battlefront II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was bored and picked this up a couple weeks ago. Wish I'd waited for the sale, doh.

Graphics are great. And as other have said, those first 3 missions where you get to kill Rebel Scum are fun. Other than that it's just an average game. It's main draw for me is that it isn't another post-apocalypse setting. Getting tired of those.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was bored and picked this up a couple weeks ago. Wish I'd waited for the sale, doh.

Graphics are great. And as other have said, those first 3 missions where you get to kill Rebel Scum are fun. Other than that it's just an average game. It's main draw for me is that it isn't another post-apocalypse setting. Getting tired of those.

The space combat stuff is really well done and fun the ground combat is fun if arcady. They mostly fixed the progression wackass stuff that was wrong in the begining but the problem is all that took too long and they lost a lot of their player base.

spronk

FPS noob
battlefront 1 complete + BF2 complete is $8 on PSN this month
STAR WARS™ Battlefront™: Hoth Bundle

is it worth $8? maybe? 1 is MP only and pretty decent, 2 has a ~10 hour campaign that starts out decent and turns into a dumpster fire and of course a big MP component. I'd say its worth $8 easy if you like Star Wars, but then again its pretty hard to get excited about star wars anymore too

wouldn't be that surprised if both of these get onto free GWG/PS+ this year

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Starfighter Assault mode in this game is actually kinda fun if you can actually get a game. Very arcadey but Star Wars had some really fun arcade games.

spronk

FPS noob
sure, right after Bioware releases a game that isn't garbage and DICE makes a battlefield better than battlefield 4

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sadly dice and bioware are trash tier now. Although this game right here has some redeeming qualities to it. I have about 200-300 hrs into it and enjoyed it for a while at launch. Dont let the naysayers tell you otherwise. For $5 you just cant go wrong.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was actually having a lot of fun shooting spaceships. Every Wednesday is double XP day and I think this will be my Wednesday night game for a while.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is one of the masters of this game. Check out his vod. Its really a cool game if you like the SW shit.

spronk

FPS noob
big patches last few weeks and a LOT of people are playing now due to the new movie and Mandalorian, I've been playing 1-2 games a night and its really fun. 40 player Galactic Assault is great, I hit a few maps I've never seen before so I assume those are pretty new too and its the only mode that i think does all the maps.

Some of the newer units are in the map too, i have no idea who any of these are. I think top left is in mandalorian, and i assume red dude is in the new movie

hnq5nzgmmf541.jpg

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game would be really fun if there was a mode without hero characters. I can't get down with 8 heroes flying around destroying everything unless the entire team focuses on them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game would be really fun if there was a mode without hero characters. I can't get down with 8 heroes flying around destroying everything unless the entire team focuses on them.

There is it’s called Blast and it’s a Blast.

spronk spronk you on Xbox let’s group up so I can show you who is the Bossk.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm on ps4 sadly, i doubt this is a game that has cross play. COD did an interesting thing this year, your character is cross platform so you carry over all the levels, unlocks, etc no matter where you play which is awesome. Hopefully whatever EA/DICE does next with Star Wars is like that, its nice not being tied down to 1 platform

• 1Like

Hekotat

Well fuck, that must be new. I'm re-downloading.

That was my only complaint with the game last time I played.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Lirik been playing this a lot and it looked fun as fuck. Subbed to the Origin Premier thing for a month to try it.

Not gonna lie, tons of fun on PC so far. Game is fuckin gorgeous, too. On PC as Brikker if anyone is playing.

Hekotat

Lirik been playing this a lot and it looked fun as fuck. Subbed to the Origin Premier thing for a month to try it.

Not gonna lie, tons of fun on PC so far. Game is fuckin gorgeous, too. On PC as Brikker if anyone is playing.

I can't get passed DICE's hard on for insane sunglare on almost every map when you look a certain direction. I wish whomever keeps doing that is fired, it's riddled the last 3 BF games as well.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played the shit out of this when it first released, even when 99% people were bitching about the crates and all that bullshit. (which never were in the live version BTW) Anyway it was fun but it just gets old after a while, all these games do.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That's true for literally every game (or any thing you repeat a lot that isn't necessary to life? lol).