Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Old Yoda wasn't already the most popular character? WTF?

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
B046AC8C-ADE1-452B-9C1C-73C09404421B.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Following that thing around a POV movie of the original trilogy would actually make for an interesting art house/character POV movie.

It would humanize the Empire a bit too much perhaps-- but Taika Waititi is already doing meta humor and taking things in that direction of "overheard conversations".

Also the sequel trilogy sort of gutted the "unknowns" and mystique regarding the Empire. They're apparently just a bunch of bumbling fuckasses right?

Give the droid a movie. Spronk will be front row.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Solid coverage on the Storygroup. This was Kari Hart's replacement.

He was no better than her. But when Kari Hart was forced out as executive of story, he was the only one there to fill the shoes.

When he took her job, he actually commented publicly that it was a conspiracy theory that something happened to Kari Hart. Very leftist and weird guy.

He had no reason to comment on it besides muh SJW twitter points. He's another ideologue that doesn't care about Star Wars.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A plot has to make sense first. "Compelling" is multiple degrees after that.

Call a dumpster fire a dumpster fire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

I think I said this in the TLJ thread...had TLJ been the second part of a three part series, and that was all we knew about the Universe, it would have been an okay movie. And clearly Rian was making it that way, because he compared it to Empire "oh you didn't know who the Emperor was either, so why do you need to know Snoke?"

The issue was, it wasn't a second film. We know the history in the story, the characters are more firmly set. Writing for an established Universe like this, within an already established story, is far more restrictive. And the idea of that "bored" Rian--which is why he shouldn't have made a film like this. The hubris that because he wanted more freedom, he could just ignore the story he had been invited to build on is genuinely infuriating.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

on the one hand, damn thats pretty cool if you are a kid thats like that slime show in the 90s but with a star wars theme? damn i woulda ate that shit up as a kid

on the other hand
kY3bOlr.jpg

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I haven't viewed a single Star Wars product, of any kind, since watching The Last Jedi in the theatre. I won't now. It's not a boycott, I hope everyone else is enjoying The Madalorian and animated stuff, books, comics, games, whatever and hope that Disney continues to produce products that fans still enjoy. I am just not longer a fan and have zero interest in the entire Star Wars Universe, I don't love Star Wars anymore and accept that it was never what it was to me and my inner child.

I'm sad when I think about it, pathetic I admit, it's like a nerdy break-up however I accept that it is over and Star Wars has moved on without me. God speed.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users