Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It leaves the door wide open for Brie Larson's casting in Star Wars, Ahsoka might be off the list, but Feige has a hardon for her.

Rumors right now are Disney doesn't want to go forward with Captain Marvel 2 unless she has a vehicle (I.E. Spiderman) and that doesn't appear to be anywhere in sight.

The timeline aligns perfectly with Feige's Star Wars project around 2023.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Spiderman-Larson pitch had Spiderman getting tooled on and dicked on by Captain Marvel.

It was going to be comedic. Intended to humanize Brie Larson to the mainstream.

But Sony, irrespective of woke politics, put the foot down and said Spiderman wasn't a second fiddle character-- he's a main event. He stands on his own two feet. And they won't allow Marvel characters to inadvertently shit on their newly acquired IP just to get an actress over from a company that they have no financial stake or interest in. Maybe if Disney offered a % of all Captain Marvel revenue to Sony they would have went for it. Disney was hoping it would just sound like a "great idea" and Sony would bite on it for the greater good.

But imagine the balls of Disney to even approach Sony about doing a vehicle movie for Brie in a favor-for-favor kind of way. Jesus.

Fuck off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The Spiderman-Larson pitch had Spiderman getting tooled on and dicked on by Captain Marvel.

But Sony, irrespective of woke politics, put the foot down and said Spiderman wasn't a second fiddle character-- he's a main event. He stands on his own two feet. And they won't allow Marvel characters to inadvertently shit on their newly acquired IP just to get an actress over from a company that they have no financial stake or interest in. Maybe if Disney offered a % of all Captain Marvel revenue to Sony they would have went for it. Disney was hoping it would just sound like a "great idea" and Sony would bite on it for the greater good.

But imagine the balls of Disney to even approach Sony about doing a vehicle movie for Brie in a favor-for-favor kind of way. Jesus.

Fuck off.

So who is going to lead Marvel / Avengers going forward? We always had Cap / Iron Man leading the two different factions, and they're both gone. In Endgame we had Black Widow kind of running the show post-snap, she's gone. Far From Home showed Spiderman being able to be the tech guy, kind of, but only using tech Tony left behind. The whole "just say what you want to invent and you invent it" thing kind of worked for Iron Man, but it seemed a little cheesedick for Spiderman. We saw that Brie Larson cannot tell a joke when she tried to pick on Rocket, she just sucks and can't do it. She doesn't have the personality.

Thor has kind of given up on Asgard and is off with the Guardians. I guess non-enhanced Falcon can do the leading of the Captain crew? I don't know.

Fuck man, it's insane how great this universe is and I worry if it's going to goto shit now. I hope it doesn't, but if it does, what they gave us through Endgame was phenomenal and honestly could entertain me for the rest of my life.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Fuck off.
Sony made Spiderman 2, which is a far better movie than any of the cheese dick Marvel movies. Only comic movie that competes with it is Dark Knight. Of course everything Sony did since Spiderman 2 has been shit, but I would have rather seen them walk away from Marvel during their contract dispute year and take some shots on their own rather than assimilating with the borg and becoming just another entry in the sea of MCU garbage.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So who is going to lead Marvel / Avengers going forward? We always had Cap / Iron Man leading the two different factions, and they're both gone. In Endgame we had Black Widow kind of running the show post-snap, she's gone. Far From Home showed Spiderman being able to be the tech guy, kind of, but only using tech Tony left behind. The whole "just say what you want to invent and you invent it" thing kind of worked for Iron Man, but it seemed a little cheesedick for Spiderman. We saw that Brie Larson cannot tell a joke when she tried to pick on Rocket, she just sucks and can't do it. She doesn't have the personality.

Thor has kind of given up on Asgard and is off with the Guardians. I guess non-enhanced Falcon can do the leading of the Captain crew? I don't know.

Fuck man, it's insane how great this universe is and I worry if it's going to goto shit now. I hope it doesn't, but if it does, what they gave us through Endgame was phenomenal and honestly could entertain me for the rest of my life.
most of us have given up on the MCU since end game, it's done we don't need to see any shitty movie crumbs like capt marvel 2 or fat widow or black merica or iron rere

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Asgard is gone and Thor preferred touring Earth than being back home anyway. i suspect they will push Strange as the new leader of the avengers or maybe Scarlet Witch. i can handle Scarlet Witch, but i never saw Falcon do a goddamned thing on his own, he's literally Cap's wingman. even Antman clowned him. fuck that guy.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Fuck off.

Eh, how exactly does Cap Marvel "tooling on" Spiderman humanize Brie? She's already captain cunty-ego, her looking down on Spiderman and being a dick would just cement that further no matter how "comedic" they tried to make it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Asgard is gone and Thor preferred touring Earth than being back home anyway. i suspect they will push Strange as the new leader of the avengers or maybe Scarlet Witch. i can handle Scarlet Witch, but i never saw Falcon do a goddamned thing on his own, he's literally Cap's wingman. even Antman clowned him. fuck that guy.
we saw how that retard can't act when given a leading role, he fucked up altered carbon royally

however, he got lucky with BLM and now he'll probably be the new MCU super mega star now

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I like these Doomcock videos, but this dude needs a better helmet like yesterday. I cant stop staring at the triangle that is off center on his forehead.

I don't understand why Kennedy still has a job if there is that much turmoil between her and Disney. Is the severance package that much? Whose dick got sucked? Who doesnt want this information released?

• 1Great Review
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We aint doing no more bullshitass meaningless stories and symbolism in the Filoni era.

That sequel trash is out. It's cancelled, its over with.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dave Filoni kicks facts on Prequels, puts haters on notice

This might have made more sense if they gave a little more time to develop Quigon and also if ALL THE ANAKIN DIALOGUE WASNT CRINGEY AS FUCK.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
I don't remember if it was part of the RLM videos or elsewhere but there was a point made where everything Qui-Gon did was completely wrong and backfired horribly

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't remember if it was part of the RLM videos or elsewhere but there was a point made where everything Qui-Gon did was completely wrong and backfired horribly
His whole plan for raising Anakin probably would have worked out if he didn't get impaled by Darth Maul.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This might have made more sense if they gave a little more time to develop Quigon and also if ALL THE ANAKIN DIALOGUE WASNT CRINGEY AS FUCK.
All the dialogue in the Lucas Star Wars movies is pretty cringe, at least partially by design. It's a space opera afterall.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All the dialogue in the Lucas Star Wars movies is pretty cringe, at least partially by design. It's a space opera afterall.
Anakin's is horrible and it can't be saved by Hayden Christensen's non-existent acting skills.

The only saving grace of the prequels is that, much like his predecessor, Ewan McGregor did his absolute best to act the hell out of the shit material he was given to work with.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Anakin's is horrible and it can't be saved by Hayden Christensen's non-existent acting skills.

The only saving grace of the prequels is that, much like his predecessor, Ewan McGregor did his absolute best to act the hell out of the shit material he was given to work with.
Hayden definitely doesn't ace the performance, but if there's blame to be given for shitty acting in the prequels, it's to Portman. She clearly stopped giving a shit after the first one. Ian McDiarmind absolutely kills it though. There's a lot of great things about the prequels. The new John Williams compositions were great. The Star Wars world building was great. The effects were great for the time. Killing the younglings was hilarious. Padme dying of sadness was hilarious. NOOOOOOOOOO was hilarious, and even more hilarious when they put it into ROTJ. Overall the prequels are just fun movies to watch, all the flaws not withstanding. I don't feel really feel that way about any of the other Star Wars films, except maybe 5.

• 2Like