Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why am I not surprised that you aren’t into well detailed, well argued thinking. I bet you think reading is kryptonite too, jogger.
It's one thing to consider somebody else's critique and viewpoints and contrast them with your own. It's another to say "THIS MOVIE BAD BECAUSE MR. PLINKETT SAYS SO" like the drooling little nut hugger you are.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's one thing to consider somebody else's critique and viewpoints and contrast them with your own. It's another to say "THIS MOVIE BAD BECAUSE MR. PLINKETT SAYS SO" like the drooling little nut hugger you are.
Thanks for proving that reading isn’t your strong suit. Reread my original and consider your first sentence in the post this one is replying to. I bet you are one of those retarded fucks who brags about never reading anything and saying reading is for fags.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Thanks for proving that reading isn’t your strong suit. Reread my original and consider your first sentence in the post this one is replying to. I bet you are one of those retarded fucks who brags about never reading anything and saying reading is for fags.
Reading your posts is definitely for fags.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
as much as i hate modern films, a good majority of the MCU films are fucking awesome. probably the best series of films since the LOTR trilogy. the LOTR trilogy being the best film series since the OT Indiana Jones films and OT star wars.

and NO, the Matrix film series was not awesome.

Agree completely.

Have you ever tried watching the LOTR trilogy, then go into the Hobbit trilogy? It's fascinating. The Hobbit is absolutely unwatchable. I can't get more than about 10 minutes into it. I even tried watching that fan cut that shrinks the trilogy down to 3-4 hours total, and it's just shit. Amazing the same universe, director, half the actors, and it's night and day difference.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Agree completely.

Have you ever tried watching the LOTR trilogy, then go into the Hobbit trilogy? It's fascinating. The Hobbit is absolutely unwatchable. I can't get more than about 10 minutes into it. I even tried watching that fan cut that shrinks the trilogy down to 3-4 hours total, and it's just shit. Amazing the same universe, director, half the actors, and it's night and day difference.
the Hobbit films are an abomination. its amazing that a 1970s made for tv rankin bass cartoon filmed for 3 million dollars was better than the 600 million or so dollars they spent on those three films.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is some major hopium and i dont even think its hopium i would want. in fact i think its more likely this is true because its not something that fans would really be happy about.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anakin's is horrible and it can't be saved by Hayden Christensen's non-existent acting skills.

The only saving grace of the prequels is that, much like his predecessor, Ewan McGregor did his absolute best to act the hell out of the shit material he was given to work with.
And Ian McDiarmid. His hamming shit up was the only redeemable part of the prequels and the one genuine reason I had any desire to see RotS. His cameo in Rebels was pretty badass too. It took a master of subversion of expectation like Rian Johnson to make a movie so bad people actually think the prequels are not completely terrible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i saw Cap 1 in the theater with my dad and i mostly loved it, my dad thought it was just OK, he was a Cap fan too. it had some pacing issues and Red Skull and the whole nazis within the nazis was a little silly. Return to Castle Wolfenstein did it better. but yeah overall it was good. Winter Soldier completely owned it and is probably the best MCU film outside of the Avengers movies. ive seen Winter Soldier at least a dozen times, maybe two dozen. it pretty much was the structure they built all the rest of the MCU films on.

i saw TPM at a midnight showing on a wednesday before release and i was completely disappointed. it woke me up to the fact that Star Wars was better left as an icon of its time.
your dad is a grumpy old man cuz he's one of the few ppl alive that can go

1940s brooklyn didn't look like that, i lived there!!!

wait, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!!!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this is some major hopium and i dont even think its hopium i would want. in fact i think its more likely this is true because its not something that fans would really be happy about.

Makes sense. Lucas wanted full creative though without interference from Disney and he was firm on it.

I don't know if this means Iger is caving after initially balking at it.

Iger disagreed with giving Lucas full creative in 2019 last year.

Also in 2019 this was specifically regarding a Lucas movie. If this is true and is announced in 2022, then Lucas was given full creative over at least 1 movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One thing I noticed, is that Rise is getting absolutely eviscerated by the same media outlets that wouldn't touch TLJ.

Its video after video from major media. TLJ didn't see half of these reviews. Rise is getting the fucking stuffing knocked out of it for the past 6 months.

It's relentless. Every day another major outlet drops another review and deconstruction of Rise. Comical amount of hate really.

Abrams must be steaming that hes catching all the hate and TLJ got off light.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember that Abrams and Kennedy fucking hate each other and were forced to work together again because the Mouse said so. Also remember there are an army of faggots who feel like TLJ was some masterpiece and want to excommunicate Abrams for the sin of not making another movie like it and for not being part of the Force is Female crowd Kennedy had been using to leverage Disney into keeping her. That dude was fucked. Nothing he did was going to make ANYONE happy, but you can't say no to the mouse if you want to keep working in Hollyweird these days. Even Ron Howard was not strong enough in the Jew side of the force to deny Disney telling him to fall on his sword.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

I recently found out that they filmed it in the Northwest UK where I am from, apparently there's this shitty backstreet in Manchester that's dressed up to look like an older New York, I found out when I saw something else filming there.

The dock the Hydra sub was at must have been the one in Liverpool next to The Beatles Museum lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

part of my family did come from Brooklyn, no idea if it looked like that. my dad grew up in NJ. he's passed on now.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
i looked up some old letters from my aunt to my grandmother. no worries, shes been dead for 50 years.
1277 Decatur St Brooklyn
That’s address is a mix of joggers and white hipster faggots pricing those joggers out of the market.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i looked up some old letters from my aunt to my grandmother. no worries, shes been dead for 50 years.
1277 Decatur St Brooklyn
1595387385007.png