Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m not convinced this is a legit leak, but it’s infinitely better than what we got from episode 8.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
With all the new shows they announced none of them follow the sequel movies. But the Star Wars stuff at the Disney parks is based on the sequels. Wonder if they change the parks to not focus on the sequels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
With all the new shows they announced none of them follow the sequel movies. But the Star Wars stuff at the Disney parks is based on the sequels. Wonder if they change the parks to not focus on the sequels.

#1 reason I have zero interest in ever visiting. Well that and I don't have kids.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rebels was popular, Resistance bombed hardcore. Anything related to Ep8 was steaming garbage so they know to avoid it at all costs. Rumor all you like but until Kennedy is gone there's no point speculating whether they airlock the whole shitshow along with her.

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I’m not convinced this is a legit leak, but it’s infinitely better than what we got from episode 8.

I dunno, after what ended up being episode 9, what we actually got for episode 8 didn't look nearly as bad. Regardless of how much Rian fucked things up.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, after what ended up being episode 9, what we actually got for episode 8 didn't look nearly as bad. Regardless of how much Rian fucked things up.
Not to be shitty, I’m genuinely asking, did you listen to the script? It would’ve set up an episode 9 that wouldn’t have even been recognizable from what we actually got.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
No, of course not.
It starts at the same point, immediately after ep 7. Luke hands the saber back to Rey saying she’ll need one and he made another a long time ago anyway. He agrees to train her and reveals that the island is like a ley line of the light side of the force. He used it to puppeteer Rey in ep 7. She could fly the Falcon because HE could fly the Falcon. She wasn’t annihilated by Kylo Ren because Luke was helping her.

Snoke is on a similar ley line planet for the dark side and the planet is hidden. Luke came up with a plan years ago to use Ben Solo as a Trojan horse to get Snoke to reveal his location. Unfortunately Ben succumbed to the dark side and became Kylo. Luke can’t just kill Kylo because the dark side will just manifest in someone else, so Luke plans to lure Kylo to the light side island using himself as bait and will trap Kylo there indefinitely.

At the end, Kylo is trapped with the help of Ahsoka and Rey, Snoke is revealed as having a powerful artifact that he’s going to use to attack the resistance (Luke’s severed hand from ESB lol), and Rey is seemingly trapped in a holocron where she’s in the role of a Sith witch being attacked by hundreds of Jedi knights (cliffhanger ending).

I didn’t touch on everything. I just wanted to give you an example of how it couldn’t have set up episode 9 as we got it. It’s far from perfect in terms of mcguffins and plot, but it’s soooo much better.

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So basically pushing the mcguffin and flip flopping we got in 9 into 8, and no telling what monstrosity 9 might have resulted in. All the same, more interesting than alien whale tits.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A couple months ago people were talking about never fucking with Star Wars again. Now Mando has literally revived the entire fucking franchise. If you truly love Star Wars, The Mandolorian was maybe the most important thing that has happened since the original movies.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A couple months ago people were talking about never fucking with Star Wars again. Now Mando has literally revived the entire fucking franchise. If you truly love Star Wars, The Mandolorian was maybe the most important thing that has happened since the original movies.
Great example of how brain dead and simple minded people are.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
People really want the sequel trilogy retconned? Bit of a pipe dream but if they were to do it they should go the time traveling route, send a hero back right after the battle of Jakku and kill the founding members of the First Order.

Time travel worked for Endgame and it made a bazillion dollars.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i still havent watched ep9, nor do i have any plans to. Mandolorian has nothing to do with the plotline of the disney sequels.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i still havent watched ep9, nor do i have any plans to. Mandolorian has nothing to do with the plotline of the disney sequels.

Same. haven't seen it, don't plan to. And I'm a big Ep 3 guy, so that's saying A LOT.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Same. haven't seen it, don't plan to. And I'm a big Ep 3 guy, so that's saying A LOT.
I also haven’t seen Ep 9 and don’t plan to. The season 2 finale of mando was amazing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
over Thanksgiving weekend i was pretty bored so i had a thought. "why dont i put on that last SW movie?" then i laughed and clicked on youtube and watched a guy fix his lawnmower for a few hours.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users