George Lucas' original vision has finally been realized

SoyWars.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Acolyte Disney+ series will be based in the end of the High Republic era, but this so far is almost entirely publishing across all age groups for novels, and comics as well.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love Chris Pine, but god I hope he doesnt take a role in Jenkin's movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i hope he comes back as Steve Trevor in every Patti Jenkins movie

"I'm a jedi now? How do I fly this x-wing? Well, its probably just like a 1918 Fokker. HAS ANYONE SEEN DIANA PRINCE, SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND"

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Acolyte Disney+ series will be based in the end of the High Republic era, but this so far is almost entirely publishing across all age groups for novels, and comics as well.
I think Acolyte is young Palpatine.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My wife has never watched Star Wars but knows the original trilogy characters through cultural osmosis. I think she's seen Episode 7.

So... I asked her to watch Phantom Menance. She hated the whole thing and was relieved at the end of the pod race because she thought it was the climax to the film lol. Jar Jar Binks toilet humour was a low point for her.

Then I almost had to force her to watch Clone Wars. She thought it was also boring, visibly cringed at the romance but shouted out "That's a Mandalorian" when Jango Fett was fighting in hia armour, even though we have never seen The Mandalorian show and she doesn't know who Bobba Fett is.

I thought it was interesting how the "made for old fans/men" link got a reaction from her but the "made for women" shit like Padme and Rey have no reaction.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
My wife has never watched Star Wars but knows the original trilogy characters through cultural osmosis. I think she's seen Episode 7.

So... I asked her to watch Phantom Menance. She hated the whole thing and was relieved at the end of the pod race because she thought it was the climax to the film lol. Jar Jar Binks toilet humour was a low point for her.

Then I almost had to force her to watch Clone Wars. She thought it was also boring, visibly cringed at the romance but shouted out "That's a Mandalorian" when Jango Fett was fighting in hia armour, even though we have never seen The Mandalorian show and she doesn't know who Bobba Fett is.

I thought it was interesting how the "made for old fans/men" link got a reaction from her but the "made for women" shit like Padme and Rey have no reaction.

You married a good woman.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This guy is mentally ill.

I skipped through and heard him describe how the black woman front, life mat on the right and penis-less male is the only archtype they know. Next cut: same V formation with white male in the front. Narrator: "Hmm".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

I skipped through and heard him describe how the black woman front, life mat on the right and penis-less male is the only archtype they know. Next cut: same V formation with white male in the front. Narrator: "Hmm".
It shows up a lot in comics, it's true. I don't think he's claiming that EVERYTHING is that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

oh pretty much exactly my wife too, except we watched TPM cuz it was out in college and she slept through it...

i didn't give a shit, but our friend did, since he got us advanced tickets, lulz.

she did watch eps 7 cuz of friends, which proved useful later on when we went to "star tours" in disney land and she remember BB8 cuz it was cute.

she just thinks star wars is shit, and i really can't blame her

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

that mentally ill guy drew your childhood.

Chris

Potato del Grande
she just thinks star wars is shit, and i really can't blame her
I'm wondering why this is true for so many women.

My wife also hates Star Trek TNG on TV and the woke Dr Who reboot but has seen and enjoyed every MCU movie and liked the Star Trek movie reboot.

She thought she would hate Lord of the Rings which we also watched recently and thought Fellowship was OK, but as soon as Gollumn showed up she was sold on watching the rest.

I wonder if men tend to be into the overarching storylines and worldbuilding and women are into the characters and humour more?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

My wife also hates Star Trek TNG on TV and the woke Dr Who reboot but has seen and enjoyed every MCU movie and liked the Star Trek movie reboot.

She thought she would hate Lord of the Rings which we also watched recently and thought Fellowship was OK, but as soon as Gollumn showed up she was sold on watching the rest.

I wonder if men tend to be into the overarching storylines and worldbuilding and women are into the characters and humour more?
mine just hates sci fi

shes played dragon age 1/2/3,

but scoffs at mass effect

she played witcher 2 and 3

but she gave up on cyberpunk

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Because it's a masculine series of films. Women tend not be interested