Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Impossible, it didn't have Skyler or Marie in it so it was definitely better than at least half a dozen episodes.

giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Confirmed via Daisy Ridley that TFA never had a real plan either.

"The JJ plan" doesn't exist.

They had from 2012 to 2015 to develop characters and story and failed to do that.

The film rang hollow for that reason, the characters failed to hit.

Quote during Rise production:

"Even during filming I didn't know [if i was going to be related to Palpatine]"

Not knowing who your character is or its arc is going to have an effect on acting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
JJ is great at the smoke and mirrors thing. Setting the audience up to want that big reveal that his sleight of hand and intense action promises. The problem is there is never anything in the box, he doesn't have anything to say, and it's all just an elaborate shaky cam con. He's been doing that ever since Lost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
JJ is great at the smoke and mirrors thing. Setting the audience up to want that big reveal that his sleight of hand and intense action promises. The problem is there is never anything in the box, he doesn't have anything to say, and it's all just an elaborate shaky cam con. He's been doing that ever since Lost.
No. TFA was a shit movie through and through.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TFA tried a tiny bit harder than a high school essay paper. Then RJ&KK showed they couldn't even pass a basic literature class.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That random console on the beach really unravels the whole of Rogue One.

It really just tells you that they had no idea what they were doing when they got to the last 30-40 minutes of the movie and just spliced it together from whatever they had. Up until that part it was a convincingly good movie, despite having so much plot armor/plot convenience that even would even make a Bond movie writer blush...

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So I'm getting pumped for this new Christmas special. Has anyone seen it yet? how long is it? I'm going to wait till Christmas eve.

I noticed in the trailer they're doing time travel.
its another Rei Mary Sue film. dont get too excited.