Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it really is what these fat, dyke SJW types truly want deep down inside. They want to fucking kill themselves, but instead of dying alone without a peep, they want the added glorification in order to be a sort of martyr. Same for emo soy boy types who manifested themselves with Kylo Ren, who SURPRISE! sacrifices himself in order to save the day and dies. LMAO.

Its really glorifying suicide, the entire sequel trilogy is a story about killing yourself for the greater good.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I watched The Last jedi out of sheer boredom and wanted to see how bad it actually was as I never watched it.

Wow.

It was laughably bad, but my biggest takeaway from this and Rian Johnson, is the glorified obsession with sacrificial suicide.

I mean, the emo man child that is Kylo Ren and Purple haired dyke admirals is bad enough, but then for some reason these freaks decide to really go for it and base the entire narrative of the film around characters killing themselves.

Holdo sacrifices herself in a kamikaze suicide act. Then Finn tried to suicide himself in a similar sacrificial suicide act. To top it all off, Luke commits "Force Suicide" in order to again, save the day through sacrifice. To make everything even worse, he mutters that nobody's really gone. I dont even know what to say about it all. Its truly awful and dumb.
LOL, never thought of this like that either, but good points. I dont even think they know this. To me this reeks of cobbled together 1/2 ideas and other bullshit to just make it and ship it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The fucking horses on the spaceship is when this jumped the shark for me, lol.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The fucking horses on the spaceship is when this jumped the shark for me, lol.

Then you weren't paying attention. By that point in the film I was like "OK finally they're getting back to something that makes sense".

• 1Worf

Jozu

Just throw the horse on spaceship deck thing in to the suicide bucket as well. I mean, it surely seemed like a suicidal idea.

Star Wars: Suicide Squad. Whats great is Rei tried to sacrifice herself but was out suicided by Kylo. beautiful.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Just finished Clone Wars, movie and show.

Im scarred by the fact that Jabba the Hut had a son. Ashoka is a great female character.

Jozu

Rian Johnson wishes he could of used the opinion of "300 people in Burbank" in order to make a better Star Wars movie.

If they actually give this guy another THREE movies? Wow.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
To be clear, Rogue Squadron is the only movie project with an announced release date, and even that's not until Christmas '23.

I strongly suspect Taika Waititi's movie gets made, and Feige's project afterward, but Rian's 'movies' just sound like 'sit on the rights in case they're needed'.

(To be clear, I actually _want_ to see what a Rian Johnson trilogy, hopefully in a completely different timeframe than everything else Star Wars, looks like. Him deciding to go all deconstructionist and blow up an IP in the middle of a trilogy is probably the single biggest film blunder I've heard of in my lifetime, though modern Hollywood keeps throwing new disasters at us (Matrix 3, Batman v Superman).

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian and D&D were working together at one point. It's possible they could attach Rian Johnson to any of the existing movie projects.

The original plan was to attach Rian Johnson and D&D together to see what they could do script wise and in terms of Rian writing a screenplay.

As Rian Johnson is a competent screenplay writer-- and D&D were/are not, it was thought by Lucas Film that they'd be able to do something creatively. D&D were going to find the writing, and Rian Johnson was going to assist them with the big screen vision part, since it was their first movie.

That was scuttled when D&D got shut down.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just caught something from a 1983 interview with Mark Hamill.

George Lucas always had a 2011 date in mind for the sequel trilogy, since Return of the Jedi came out. He already had that sequel date in mind decades earlier and had mentioned it to the cast.

I knew he had it planned, but not the exact date set already in the early 80's. Thought the precise date of the sale to Disney was interesting-- given that.

He essentially began talks with Disney to sell as soon as his filming schedule said it was time to begin the sequels.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just caught something from a 1983 interview with Mark Hamill.

George Lucas always had a 2011 date in mind for the sequel trilogy, since Return of the Jedi came out. He already had that sequel date in mind decades earlier and had mentioned it to the cast.

I knew he had it planned, but not the exact date set already in the early 80's. Thought the precise date of the sale to Disney was interesting-- given that.

He essentially began talks with Disney to sell as soon as his filming schedule said it was time to begin the sequels.
George must have been smoking some good Endor weed at the time. a sequel planned 30 years in the future is pants on head. i think he realized that by 2011 and just sold that shit off because Iger was giving away all the Mouse's money like it was candy.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
George must have been smoking some good Endor weed at the time. a sequel planned 30 years in the future is pants on head. i think he realized that by 2011 and just sold that shit off because Iger was giving away all the Mouse's money like it was candy.

Timestamped the 2011 reference to the 3rd trilogy.

And yeah Mark called it retarded.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Timestamped the 2011 reference to the 3rd trilogy.

And yeah Mark called it retarded.

i didnt know that Hamill and Fisher also got a cut from Star Wars. he probably had "fuck you" money way back then, thats why he could talk shop so openly.
yeah that 2011 shit is practically an insult. its like telling someone looking for a job, "no openings right now kid, come back in 30 years and i might have a spot for ya." yeah ok chief.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol, Star Wars went right back to being a shitshow.

expect high republic praise from filoni and favreau next. chapek just voiced support for kennedy's management post-Gina firing.

his comment was unrelated to the firing, however it was direct praise for the first time. Iger had not praised Kennedy in nearly a decade.

He made specific reference to the IPs that Kennedy is developing citing them as Marvel-tier.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
expect high republic praise from filoni and favreau next. chapek just voiced support for kennedy's management post-Gina firing.

his comment was unrelated to the firing, however it was direct praise for the first time. Iger had not praised Kennedy in nearly a decade.

He made specific reference to the IPs that Kennedy is developing citing them as Marvel-tier.
that wouldnt surprise me, Iger has shown he has no balls and wont back up those guys when they needed backing and put Kennedy out the fucking door. seems they all live in fear of this bitch who has no idea what she's doing. by all, that includes Lucas and Spielberg.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
that wouldnt surprise me, Iger has shown he has no balls and wont back up those guys when they needed backing and put Kennedy out the fucking door. seems they all live in fear of this bitch who has no idea what she's doing. by all, that includes Lucas and Spielberg.

In the MeToo and fair hiring practices era they can't afford a building burning.