Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

spronk

FPS noob
Vessel simply known as "The Vessel"...

I was just about to say "NOPE!" loudly when they mentioned Geode, who appears to be a rock.

Super Hyper ULTRA MEGA NOPE!

you could say... Star Wars has hit rock bottom

how do you beat a rock jedi?
with a paper jedi

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
You get what you deserve.
1615250279404.png

Recently found on the twitter feed of a High Republic writer.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
apparently the woman who created this, she also gave the Vulcan "live long and prosper" salute at a Star Wars Celebration zoom call.

I've read most of Claudia Grey's Star Wars novels. She's not the worst of the lot, but her books are definitely bottom tier so far. At least it's not Christie Golden. The writer of the only Star Wars books I thought about not finishing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
people have been calling for her head for 4 years now. their revenue was cut in half (2bil for TFA down to 1bil for TRS). she fired more directors than she hired. and she just killed their top show. if they still want her, then they can have her.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
people have been calling for her head for 4 years now. their revenue was cut in half (2bil for TFA down to 1bil for TRS). she fired more directors than she hired. and she just killed their top show. if they still want her, then they can have her.

Chapek cited brand "fatigue" at the Morgan Stanley presser as the reason for Star Wars declines in revenue.

Whereas Iger was only publicly stating the fatigue excuse, it seems that Chapek really believes in the brand fatigue behind closed doors-- and isn't just saying it publicly.

With Chapek assuming full-title CEO (with all the power that comes with it) as of about 2 weeks ago, he'll be in charge of all future decisions.

Iger's co-chair contract is up and I haven't heard anything about a renewal yet. With Chapek assuming full CEO with full powers last month I think maybe they could give Iger a consulting contract. The renewal of his co-chair contract doesn't make sense given Chapek has fully taken the reins now.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Chapek cited brand "fatigue" at the Morgan Stanley presser as the reason for Star Wars declines in revenue.

Whereas Iger was only publicly stating the fatigue excuse, it seems that Chapek really believes in the brand fatigue behind closed doors-- and isn't just saying it publicly.

With Chapek assuming full-title CEO (with all the power that comes with it) as of about 2 weeks ago, he'll be in charge of all future decisions.

Iger's co-chair contract is up and I haven't heard anything about a renewal yet. With Chapek assuming full CEO with full powers last month I think maybe they could give Iger a consulting contract. The renewal of his co-chair contract doesn't make sense given Chapek has fully taken the reins now.
Meanwhile Marvel has 22 films, non-stop since 2008, and continues to set new records. Mmmmkay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't seen any of the merchandise numbers besides Ep7, haven't really cared figured they dumpstered harder than the box office did and that's the part that should have gotten Kennedy fired immediately.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

nothing sucks more than having a clueless boss. you need to have confidence in those people. when you see them doing dumb fucking shit, thats when its time to think about putting resumes to another company.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I haven't seen any of the merchandise numbers besides Ep7, haven't really cared figured they dumpstered harder than the box office did and that's the part that should have gotten Kennedy fired immediately.
I never saw merch get moved to the discount/clearance section at Target so quickly, only the cunt version of Ghostbusters went faster.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nothing sucks more than having a clueless boss. you need to have confidence in those people. when you see them doing dumb fucking shit, thats when its time to think about putting resumes to another company.
It's weird too because CEO is a balance sheet. It's a numbers thing.

Iger was a genuine Star Wars fan who had helped develop TFA firsthand. That was considered unusual at the time-- for a CEO to be directly involved in the production of a movie.

I didn't expect Chapek to share the passion and enthusiasm Iger did for Star Wars. But I at least expected CEO-caliber reorganization as he assumed control.

New CEO's will typically take the opportunity to do some corporate reorganization in troubled areas (again, numbers, not based on if this movie sucked or that content sucked).

With Chapek overlooking numbers, Star Wars fan or not-- I have to be open to the possibility he's a bumbling idiot. To give a "stay-the-course" speech (re-signing of Kennedy), as a new CEO, is indicative of what type of CEO he's going to be.

Someone in Iger's shadow-- no risks taken, no boat rocked. Just stay in the green, however little green that is, apparently that doesn't matter to Bob Big Belly.

*orders another sandwich*

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah brand fatigue. Thats what its gotta be. Tell ya what its a real shame to waste a talent like Kathleen Kennedy on this ole fatigued brand. They should move her to a new and exciting brand and let some old washed up ready to retire guy like favreau ride it out and milk the star wars thing till it dies.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

lol, Star Wars went right back to being a shitshow.
This shit is posers being posers. and when you let them run the store.

Same shit we've seen in comics, Dnd, etc. millennial, poser, and deconstrutionist assholes. Same reason we have Atheist Clerics in dnd, thundercats ho, and so on.

They thought they were being SO clever with that shit. Make everything a joke, have no reverence, or understanding of the base material, no verisimilitude at all. Shit like Rat Queens was full of this crap. I have no idea how anyone read that, and didn't nope out, as it was a giant cynical piece of shit mocking DnD.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users