Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know they killed her in the comics, at least I think I remember that, but is Ventress being dead in modern canon or is it part of the retconned stuff? I would not mind them going more with her, she was pretty badass.
Dark Disciple, a canonical book from 2015.

spronk

FPS noob
i imagine she'll show up in one of the new shows like Obi Wan or Ahsoka, she was pretty popular and no one gives a shit what happened in books or comics

Darth Maul is definitely dead tho. well, again. He is featured heavily in Clone Wars and Rebels. and Solo, lol

his arc in Clone/Rebels was AMAZING

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What you joggers are saying is that i should finish Rebels? Couldnt get past season 1 before.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What you joggers are saying is that i should finish Rebels? Couldnt get past season 1 before.
Up through S1E9 Rebels was not allowed to connect to anything, then it went on holiday break, the TFA teaser dropped, and the show opened up after.

Do not bother with Resistance though, that one was for the new trilogy and they canned it after S2.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Up through S1E9 Rebels was not allowed to connect to anything, then it went on holiday break, the TFA teaser dropped, and the show opened up after.

Do not bother with Resistance though, that one was for the new trilogy and they canned it after S2.
Think i checked out around episode 12 in 1st season. I guess I can try again.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Force Awakens wasn't bad/shitty or even close.
Paint by numbers remake of ANH and the main character was more stale and unappealing than luke warm water.

It was a trash movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It is unfortunate that Ventress is dead in current cannon, but I can see her being retcon resurrected, if, for no other reason than to try to appease the KK faction with a strong popular semi-darkside woman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Force Awakens WAS a shitty movie. People are just giving it a pass now that even shittier Star Wars movies have come out. People act like Rogue One wasn't hot garbage too.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

season 1 is ok, season 2 is bit better, season 3 & 4 are fantastic and imo better than clone wars. i ran through clone wars + rebels a few weeks ago after mando ended

a lot of the characters in rebels are going to show up in live action Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, etc so its good foundational stuff for future shows

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Force Awakens WAS a shitty movie. People are just giving it a pass now that even shittier Star Wars movies have come out. People act like Rogue One wasn't hot garbage too.
At least R1 felt like Star Wars.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
imagine if lucas had the foresight to contract jj and everyone involved into a 3 movie trilogy deal and film back to back like LOTR

Lucas tried to change the terms of the deal a few times and was met with threats by Iger to collect a fee for backing out of the sale.

If he came to Disney from day 1 with a demand, they could have sat down about that and guaranteed the sequels he wanted. Instead they sat down about the sale in general, which Lucas tried to mislead Disney on-- and they weren't having it. It's Lucas fault for entering negotiations regarding a full sale only, rather than bringing his terms to the table from day 1. Iger later placated him and agreed to use his outlines, and Lucas ultimately agreed to the sale.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lucas tried to change the terms of the deal a few times and was met with threats by Iger to collect a fee for backing out of the sale.

If he came to Disney from day 1 with a demand, they could have sat down about that and guaranteed the sequels he wanted. Instead they sat down about the sale in general, which Lucas tried to mislead Disney on-- and they weren't having it. It's Lucas fault for entering negotiations regarding a full sale only, rather than bringing his terms to the table from day 1. Iger later placated him and agreed to use his outlines, and Lucas ultimately agreed to the sale.
b18446baea3dff8dbbff362c066f84a9.png

?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remind me, is "dead af" more or less certain than "thrown down a reactor shaft of the exploding space station" or "being cut in half"?
Yes it's more than a bit ridiculous that Maul survived but they had the room to fudge his death because his body fell out of sight, they just had to say it was actually a trash chute he fell down and blah blah blah Zabrak physiology + the force. Ventress did not disappear, she sacrificed herself saving Quinlan Vos from Count Dooku and her body was laid to rest in a funeral ceremony on Dathomir.

spronk

FPS noob
but wasn't that in a comic or book only? afaik comic books aren't canon. Bad Batch recently changed a comic book story. I don't believe Ventress died in clone wars or rebels so she can easily come back in live action. Even if you feel she is dead she could be in the Obi Wan tv show, since its all characters who we saw die in movies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
but wasn't that in a comic or book only? afaik comic books aren't canon. Bad Batch recently changed a comic book story. I don't believe Ventress died in clone wars or rebels so she can easily come back in live action. Even if you feel she is dead she could be in the Obi Wan tv show, since its all characters who we saw die in movies.
Obviously nothing is impossible but Dark Disciple isn't just some random novel, it's part of "The Clone Wars Legacy" project where they took unfinished stories from Clone Wars and used alternate media to tell them. They would have killed Ventress in the show if they'd had the time to do so.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Laid to rest on Dathomir, huh? Yep, she comin' back. Just a question of how convoluted it will be.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If Star Wars is known for one thing, it's sticking by side stories in expanded media!