Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Video touches on the new Distro hierarchy and creative roles power being reduced.

See relevant articles for additional details.

1621794624723.png

New Distro shotcaller and creative buck-stopper, Kareem.

The reason for this reorganization is in some ways to distance Disney from it's productions. "Well Lucas Film made it, we only distributed it. We'll fix it though".

This is the removal of traditional Disney executive creative oversight, ala the role of Chief Creative Officer, and giving those powers quietly to Distribution-- possibly to be able to deny being involved in creative at all when people complain.

This is so Disney can swoop in as savior, but also deny being a party to creative decision-making (while actually still retaining those powers quietly through Distribution). It's a major optics shift and an entirely different corporate culture now.

Does this mean stuff like Acolytes and High Republic doesn't get a budget? No, but it means Distro has final say on what creative does and can cite numbers so its not personal when they shut down ideas, and cut the budget down and de-prioritize all marketing for particular projects. Despite Disney deleting creative, they are actually retaining even more power over creative, while being able to deny they are involved in creative at all.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"I do think that there's nothing more important than knowing where you're going," he said after ruining Lost, Star Trek, and Star Wars.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Fuck that revisionist faggot.

He makes no mention of his responsibility for causing all this-- by walking off the project after TFA. All because he couldn't handle the Story Group and got his feelings hurt by rewrites.

He threw a bitch fit and ruined the trilogy.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This keeps popping up in my recommendations and I thought I'd post it here because it's a great example of everything that the Kennedy Klan hates. I mean in some cases it's obvious that these streamers were just hamming it up for their viewers, but it's mostly just sheer rapturous joy at getting to watch some Star Wars made by someone who doesn't hate them.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
This keeps popping up in my recommendations and I thought I'd post it here because it's a great example of everything that the Kennedy Klan hates. I mean in some cases it's obvious that these streamers were just hamming it up for their viewers, but it's mostly just sheer rapturous joy at getting to watch some Star Wars made by someone who doesn't hate them.

Ferrell_Crying.jpeg

spronk

FPS noob

If a black palestinian BLM tranny walked up to "Kennedy Klan" and said she loves Luke Skywalker, do you think KK would pull out a blaster and shoot them and yell out MACLUNKY?

ngl i was crying when Mando took his helmet off too

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
what a fucking cuck. KK is the one who oversaw basically writing him out of the trilogy rofl

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol shit happens when the phone isn't ringing.

180'd and bootlicking to make a buck. another casualty in need of the Rey woke welfare package

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Boyega clarified his comments. That's why you need to watch out for clickbait.

He denounced Rian Johnson and said he won't work with him again. Spronk with the cherry picked soundbyte from his statements made this past week.

I fell for it the same as anyone.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Boyega clarified his comments. That's why you need to watch out for clickbait.

He denounced Rian Johnson and said he won't work with him again. Spronk with the cherry picked soundbyte from his statements made this past week.

I fell for it the same as anyone.
Rian wasnt the one who fucked him, he probably steered away from calling out KK because he didnt want to look sexist, and she will probably get re-signed for another three years. doesnt matter. he's pretty much done now that he badmouthed the Mouse. maybe they will make an Attack The Block 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian wasnt the one who fucked him, he probably steered away from calling out KK because he didnt want to look sexist, and she will probably get re-signed for another three years. doesnt matter. he's pretty much done now that he badmouthed the Mouse. maybe they will make an Attack The Block 2.

You can say that buck stops here with KK, but the fact is Rian Johnson wrote the entire movie by himself with 0 input from anyone else and directed it.

If he didn't write this script there is no TLJ.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can say that buck stops here with KK, but the fact is Rian Johnson wrote the entire movie by himself with 0 input from anyone else and directed it.

If he didn't write this script there is no TLJ.
Thats not how it works at Lucasfilm, you have to get shit by KK before you get approved, how many directors has she fired? 5? 7? She likes RJ because she liked what he wrote, she didnt like Abrams because there were too many male centric characters and subplots. In TLJ, all the males were neutured by women.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users