Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
as it was Disney's decision to re-sign KK after TLJ and then after Solo flopped. they will decide to keep her in October and thats why her projects are going through while Favreaux continues to get fucked with. DIsney set themselves up in this streaming service to never fail. they dont have to release their numbers and they can make up whatever success story they want and everything will be fantastic as long as the stockholders believe it is.

Favreau is definitely sidelined as Mandalorian was bumped twice in production in favor of other projects.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
C23899EA-B861-42A3-998E-3184C28393A2.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wasn't his fault, he was forced out after his TFA experience, and then Kennedy had Spielberg and Iger pressure JJ to give it another shot-- only later for Spielberg to be left with his own sour taste in his mouth from the Lucas Film story group in 2020. History repeats.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Not sure where to put this, but it can't be more terrible than we've gotten, right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
That's some straight up weeb shit with star wars accessories unlike that old anime star wars space battle.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good coverage of the continued shakeup at Disney. I cut the Kennedy junk out. Timestamped.

Outline of what was discussed previously-- with new head of distribution and merchandise having authority over Feige and Kennedy under the new Disney CEO restructuring.

Things like Gina Carano's firing have to pass through Distribution and Products now, so a studio head can't just make a unilateral decision anymore. Distribution is king.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good coverage of the continued shakeup at Disney. I cut the Kennedy junk out. Timestamped.

Outline of what was discussed previously-- with new head of distribution and merchandise having authority over Feige and Kennedy under the new Disney CEO restructuring.

Things like Gina Carano's firing have to pass through Distribution and Products now, so a studio head can't just make a unilateral decision anymore. Distribution is king.

thats the theory, but if they keep KK in power and dont hire back Gina, that means the theory is bullshit. i mean if they demote her so she doesnt have firing powers without distribution's approval. thats at least something, but it still sucks and with no Gina to return its still the end of Favreau SW for me.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whether Distribution does anything in the future to protect these IPs could be a theory I suppose. But the fact is Distribution and Products has final say over studio executives and that's not a rumor or theory.

Corporate restructuring has taken place under Chapek.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
RUMORS

- Mara Jade to debut in Book of Boba Fett

- Darth Talon to debut in Book of Boba Fett, having been taken from the Ranger's series that was on hiatus

- Heir to the Empire universe as a loose backdrop in Book of Boba Fett series

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
RUMORS

- Heir to the Empire universe as a loose backdrop in Book of Boba Fett series
Its already been established as that after the Bad Batch finale.
I find the Mara Jade stuff very hard to believe in general, but especially tied to BoBF.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its already been established as that after the Bad Batch finale.
I find the Mara Jade stuff very hard to believe in general, but especially tied to BoBF.

It seems a little early. But if you remember the Luke predictions people had here, everyone felt Luke was next year, next season. Then it happened.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I don't see Mara Jade ever fitting into the continuity now, but I will admit there is a lot of empty years story wise between Mando season 2 and Force Awakens, it could happen I guess. I hope not.

Fadaar

That guy
Honestly I don't see Mara Jade ever fitting into the continuity now, but I will admit there is a lot of empty years story wise between Mando season 2 and Force Awakens, it could happen I guess. I hope not.

the sequel trilogy ruined so many fucking opportunities for Luke

also I'm on the bandwagon that the TV show universe is building toward Heir to the Empire, even if it's a very loose use of the storyline. the buildup (ie Thrawn name drop and the already established Imperial Remnant), and more importantly the timeline, can most definitely work with what we've seen so far. the mandalorian is 9 years after yavin. the original Heir series? also 9 years.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From each season of Mandalorian, and the trend-- I could see them trying to jam some more universe building in and really redline it to get the Zahn universe established asap.