Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I guess they could force Mara into BoBF and then have her relationship with Luke be offscreen; maybe he doesn't even know they have a kid and there is your sequel sequel trilogy? How many great scenes are we going to miss by them just not making that trilogy the movie? A whole planet that worships Darth Vader as a savior making the audience (and Leia) think that he had some redemptive qualities only to find out that he was using them as slaves the entire time? Brutal. Also, Luke willingly studying the Force with an unstable clone because there is no one left in the galaxy who can actually teach him. The EU did such a good job of trying to show Luke as someone who only knew the Force through mythology and old fanatics; it showed his inability to shepherd the Jedi back from extinction because he he was really only taught to use it as a weapon.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

1632165616842.png

• 6Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Harrison Ford wanted out of Star Wars. not that I think they still wouldn't have killed his character, but pretty sure he agreed to do the 1 movie on the condition his character died.

Chew's character progression after that was a huge spit in the face

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Didn't they have to do a TON of convincing to get Ford back for Return of the Jedi even? I seem to remember stories that he wanted Han to die after Empire.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Harrison Ford wanted out of Star Wars. not that I think they still wouldn't have killed his character, but pretty sure he agreed to do the 1 movie on the condition his character died.

Likely true, but his vision moment with Ben Solo was arguably the high point of Ep9. Remember the SJW scifi invasion started in the latter part of the EU books with the death of Chewy, so take the good with the bad. The latest trilogy had a lot of problems, but frankly Adam Driver and Ford were not among them.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Likely true, but his vision moment with Ben Solo was arguably the high point of Ep9. Remember the SJW scifi invasion started in the latter part of the EU books with the death of Chewy, so take the good with the bad. The latest trilogy had a lot of problems, but frankly Adam Driver and Ford were not among them.

The difference is that Chewy's death mattered since he was saving Han and Leia's youngest son from death and ended up damaging Han and Anikan (Solo's) relationship and probably led to his eventual death. It may not have been the best writing, but it was 1,000x better than anything in the prequels or sequels.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Harrison Ford is a giant asshole. which is what made him perfect for the role of Han Solo. i bet he didnt like his role in any of the SW movies and asked to be killed off in each one. thats just how he is. he will get killed off in this Indy 5 nightmare film if it ever gets made and it will be something he wanted. the thing thats different is, Lucas knows Ford. known him forever. so when Ford has a tantrum and wants out and hates his character, Lucas can ignore that and if he needs Ford back he can get Ford. with the Disney crew, they dont know Ford, he is probably much more trouble than he's worth to work with, he's always getting injured. when he says he wants out, they immediately agree and write his ass out.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember the SJW scifi invasion started in the latter part of the EU books with the death of Chewy, so take the good with the bad.

It's been a pretty good while, but did I miss the SJW part of that long invasion story line? Aliens invade the galaxy that worship pain and believe that all life is suffering and they need to show the galaxy's inhabitants the truth of that while they cleanse them?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the proceeds went to Lucas exclusively and Disney wouldn't make a cent off it then it would go up another point. 2/10

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah his hand apparently not only achieved escape velocity from being ejected out a garbage chute but also entered hyperspace.

• 1Worf