Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah multiple voices in his head.

A week from now his clickbait headline will be something along the lines of "KENNEDYS GROUP PUSHES BACK, TAKES CONTROL! HIGH REPUBLIC AGENDA IS BACK ON!"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
yeah I have a hard time taking anything he reports seriously when it's always doom and gloom yet none of it ever happens

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah I have a hard time taking anything he reports seriously when it's always doom and gloom yet none of it ever happens
he had the inside scoop on some things that came true. much of the Rise of Skywalker stuff was spot on. he has had some other actual scoops. if nothing he said was true, then he would be ignored by everyone. this stuff with KK though, i think he's way off. so few people would even be in the know at that level that its silly to have so many "insiders" who might know whats up. i think a lot of the Star Wars stuff was delayed because its not selling, thats just common sense. Favrau and Filoni are the only money makers so far so they get the green light for their pojects and the slab of rock pilot show has to sit this one out. Chapek is only listening to what makes money. money is still king.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he had the inside scoop on some things that came true. much of the Rise of Skywalker stuff was spot on. he has had some other actual scoops. if nothing he said was true, then he would be ignored by everyone. this stuff with KK though, i think he's way off. so few people would even be in the know at that level that its silly to have so many "insiders" who might know whats up. i think a lot of the Star Wars stuff was delayed because its not selling, thats just common sense. Favrau and Filoni are the only money makers so far so they get the green light for their pojects and the slab of rock pilot show has to sit this one out. Chapek is only listening to what makes money. money is still king.

Also distribution of Disney products is in charge of all creative now since Chapek's reorganizing.

That's not rumor and it amounts to "if toy products don't sell, we can veto it".

Toys and merchandise was given final say on all Disney creative decisions, and can intervene at any time.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Alan Horn's role in creative was not replaced, and instead Chapek put the head of products and distribution in charge of Horn's job.

Merch sales boss basically has direct say now on creative decisions-- across all of their studios.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Alan Horn's role in creative was not replaced, and instead Chapek put the head of products and distribution in charge of Horn's job.

Merch sales boss basically has direct say now on creative decisions-- across all of their studios.
yup, which it should be, eventually Marvel is going to get a recalibration and Feige is going to lose his spot as top dog. they should bring Perlmutter back because when him and Feige were duking it out there was better creativity and more for everyone to enjoy. its so one sided now and so PC that its disgusting. they arent even pushing envelopes anymore. its just lets insert "first inclusion group into this well known role and if people hate it we can just call them bigots." you cant bully people into buying your shit. just make shit the way its supposed to be and develop new inclusionariy characters over time so everything will be organic.
you can see it failed miserably with Star Wars. nobody wants woke wookies, they had gay droids from the beginning and nobody blinked an eye. its amazing how horribly Lucasfilm blundered with this IP which was a literal money printing machine when they got it. if they were to sell the franchise now i doubt they would get 2 billion for it.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
was never interested in rogue squadron anyway. I played the video game and had all the best story in the 90's.

they should try something fresh.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

inb4 doomcocks KATHLEEN KENNEDY IS ABOUT TO UNLEASH ALL HER BLACKMAIL MATERIAL 2 hour youtube video

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Awesome. SW toys have been unsellable for a long time. I love these forward looking moves.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

inb4 doomcocks KATHLEEN KENNEDY IS ABOUT TO UNLEASH ALL HER BLACKMAIL MATERIAL 2 hour youtube video
"Creative Differences" probably means the movie is done until they get creative similarities. not doomcocking here, but i would guess that the Favreau direction is what the differences was. not sure if this is a Karhleen Kennedy decision or a Chapek and merchandising decision.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rumor swirling around that KK did get renewed for another 3 years. what a hilarious trainwreck DIsney has become.

spronk

FPS noob
she executed order 66, on her own padawan

the youtubers are happy, thats 3 more years now they can make of "KATHLEEN KENNEDY IS ABOUT TO FIRED TOMORROW"

i like how the narrative has been that KK loves Patti Jenkins (woman) and Rian Johnson (cuck SJW retard) and will ruin Star Wars with them, but now fires both of them and gets a 3 year contract extension. bet the new narrative is that she micromanages everything and so creative people can't work with her, conveniently ignoring that Kevin Feige and Taika Waititi still have Star Wars movies in production.

simple reality is that Disney is probably re-aligning to prioritize TV shows over movies, but thats not exciting to spin or rabble about

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
she executed order 66, on her own padawan

the youtubers are happy, thats 3 more years now they can make of "KATHLEEN KENNEDY IS ABOUT TO FIRED TOMORROW"

i like how the narrative has been that KK loves Patti Jenkins (woman) and Rian Johnson (cuck SJW retard) and will ruin Star Wars with them, but now fires both of them and gets a 3 year contract extension. bet the new narrative is that she micromanages everything and so creative people can't work with her, conveniently ignoring that Kevin Feige and Taika Waititi still have Star Wars movies in production.

simple reality is that Disney is probably re-aligning to prioritize TV shows over movies, but thats not exciting to spin or rabble about
the alternative rumor is that Bob Chapek took ownership of all movie decisions in Disney. so Feige or Kennedy or whomever now has to run their ideas through him and he runs it through merchandising and if the numbers say their idea sells then they can go ahead. Chapek is reported to be a huge cheapskate, maybe the dumb woke shit gets reigned in. either way keeping her on was a megadumb decison even if she gets pushed to the side. the optics say fans input doesnt matter.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the alternative rumor is that Bob Chapek took ownership of all movie decisions in Disney. so Feige or Kennedy or whomever now has to run their ideas through him and he runs it through merchandising and if the numbers say their idea sells then they can go ahead. Chapek is reported to be a huge cheapskate, maybe the dumb woke shit gets reigned in. either way keeping her on was a megadumb decison even if she gets pushed to the side. the optics say fans input doesnt matter.

Kareem being a buckstopper isn't a rumor. He was also Chapek's right hand man before he got promoted and they have a strong relationship.

Either way if you don't have an official Disney announcement of the re-signing, that would mark the 2nd time KK has been snubbed. Lucas Film giving that information out is not the same thing as Disney making the announcement.