Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think they did a good job of putting Luke somewhere between cranky Yoda and wise-but-tired Obi-wan without retreading too closely to either. There's a lot of shit wrong with that movie but I just don't see this being it.

Then you're objectively wrong

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Then you're objectively wrong
You know, that's fine with me.

The whole point of Star Wars is about finding the good in bad things, and not being defined by what you hate and letting it consume you.

Amazing how this is totally lost on the people who consider themselves the biggest, most OG fans of the IP.

• 2Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

The whole point of Star Wars is about finding the good in bad things, and not being defined by what you hate and letting it consume you.

Amazing how this is totally lost on the people who consider themselves the biggest, most OG fans of the IP.
Oh shut the fuck up.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh shut the fuck up.
SpectacularBadConey-size_restricted.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

The only thing that can save this IP aside from the Mandomidichlorian

u9bckfk7qh441-1131705491.png

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That's some really dumb shit, even for you

• 1Edgelord

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i just proved you wrong. its a rumor, i didnt make make it up. go suck your own cock. you have 0 opinion and add 0 to this board. go where whores go.
You enjoy your Doomcock for your SW news my friend. I'll leave you to your clearly highly respected opinion here.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Luke of the OT was just an eager young idealistic dope. His only defining characteristics were his faithfulness to his friends and his completely unfounded belief that his father could be turned from the dark side.
Yeah you got it, that's the character we wanted to see. The young idealism can change with age and experience, but he shouldn't abandon his friends and leave his nephew to the dark side.

Go back to watching Power Rangers, DBZ or some other weeb shit if you think this actually sounds like a good movie.
I made something up in 1 minute that's still better than what we got. Not sure how anime comes into this.

In short, try to find the redeeming qualities in this irredeemable movie just like Luke found redeeming qualities in his irredeemable father. May the Force Be With You.
Every good thing they took back right away.

Kylo not killing his mother at the last second, but his wingman does it anyway? Oh no Mary Poppins.

Rey and Kylo team up? Oh no Kylo wants to murder everyone and Rey can't stomach that.

I don't think anything else potentially good actually happened.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
lol look at you faggots don't you know the point of star wars is to be a pile shit so people can sift through and find the peanuts?

Only us big brains understand the REAL meaning of star wars

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I know a lot of other old school fans were just disappointed with the writing in TLJ, yeah the visuals are greats, sets, costumes, etc., but the writing is NOT there. There was a dozen ways to take Luke that would have been respectful to the characters, the fans old and new, and the actor that still told the same relative story. (edit: fight choreography was ass)

However, look at Luke's arc and then compare it to a scathing critique of Mark Hamil's career; it's a straight up fuck you and fuck off and die to both character and actor. The whole milk scene was probably retaken several times with Hamil refusing to do anything but a "yup, and I love it." style reaction, the scene was unnecessary and pointless like half the movie.

I could go on and on and on about but I won't. In short, I am one of those fans that feels like this movie was trying to tell me that starwars hates me now and doesn't want me as a fan, if you like it that's cool. I get pissy about the movie because it pisses me off, it's number 2 on my personal "worst movies I have seen list" sandwiched between Pixels at 3 and Divergent at 1.

If the writing isn't there then the movie just doesn't work for me, I can overlook sloppy writing with a well made movie but no amount of polish will improve a movie with BAD writing. TLJ was badly written, so much meandering pointlessness that lead nowhere except a "splendorous feast for the eyes and ears" like the HyperRam (tm) that if anyone thought about during the writing process would have said "Oh yeah, this technology is at least 100 years old at this point so SOMEONE WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS EVEN IF BY ACCIDENT!!!!"...

Imma stop there before this gets further out of control.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know a lot of other old school fans were just disappointed with the writing in TLJ, yeah the visuals are greats, sets, costumes, etc., but the writing is NOT there. There was a dozen ways to take Luke that would have been respectful to the characters, the fans old and new, and the actor that still told the same relative story. (edit: fight choreography was ass)

However, look at Luke's arc and then compare it to a scathing critique of Mark Hamil's career; it's a straight up fuck you and fuck off and die to both character and actor. The whole milk scene was probably retaken several times with Hamil refusing to do anything but a "yup, and I love it." style reaction, the scene was unnecessary and pointless like half the movie.

I could go on and on and on about but I won't. In short, I am one of those fans that feels like this movie was trying to tell me that starwars hates me now and doesn't want me as a fan, if you like it that's cool. I get pissy about the movie because it pisses me off, it's number 2 on my personal "worst movies I have seen list" sandwiched between Pixels at 3 and Divergent at 1.

If the writing isn't there then the movie just doesn't work for me, I can overlook sloppy writing with a well made movie but no amount of polish will improve a movie with BAD writing. TLJ was badly written, so much meandering pointlessness that lead nowhere except a "splendorous feast for the eyes and ears" like the HyperRam (tm) that if anyone thought about during the writing process would have said "Oh yeah, this technology is at least 100 years old at this point so SOMEONE WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS EVEN IF BY ACCIDENT!!!!"...

Imma stop there before this gets further out of control.
i like how Mist thinks that Luke was op and it was necessary to destroy his character in order to have a more grounded movie. like she just ignores all the over the top power creep they introduced in the sequel trilogy that would never have flown in the original trilogy. Luke at the top of his game was barely stronger than Vader. and maybe he really wasnt either because Vader had already been compromised and was dying by the end of RoTJ. Palpy was still the undisputed big dick of the series and if Luke was as powerful as he was it still wouldnt have been at the level of Rey.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You are totally right about them wanting us old Star Wars fans to go away even people like me who grew up with the prequels.

Not seen Pixels but Divergent is a watchable enough repackaging of Harry Potter/Hunger Games aimed at women. It may be a Mary Sue story but they at least created their own IP for it.

TLJ is the second worst movie of all time behind Cats, Cats I actually walked out of because it was physically painful to experience. Third would be any of the SJW reboots like Ghostbusters 2016 or whichever Teminator reboot.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I watched the RLM video for TLJ, now that I finally got around to watching it, and I agree with everything they said, specifically Rich but also Jay. Rich also liked what they did with Luke. You people act like I'm the fucking devil lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I watched the RLM video for TLJ, now that I finally got around to watching it, and I agree with everything they said, specifically Rich but also Jay. Rich also liked what they did with Luke. You people act like I'm the fucking devil lol.
the devil isnt a lesbian from Rhode Island. he lives in Delaware.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rian Johnson: It would break my heart if I were finished
Me: It broke my heart when you started

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users