Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So in case we needed a reminder that Lucas never knew when to stop, Ahsoka returning to the Jedi was one of the unfinished plot threads from Clone Wars that they are apparently running with for the new Season 7. Which raises some serious questions about how an extremely infamous padawan survived Order 66 and the ensuing Jedi hunt. It also undermines the single best story thread there ever was to help make Anakin's turn against the Jedi more believable, his lingering resentment about how Ahsoka was treated by the Jedi Order.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So in case we needed a reminder that Lucas never knew when to stop, Ahsoka returning to the Jedi was one of the unfinished plot threads from Clone Wars that they are apparently running with for the new Season 7. Which raises some serious questions about how an extremely infamous padawan survived Order 66 and the ensuing Jedi hunt. It also undermines the single best story thread there ever was to help make Anakin's turn against the Jedi more believable, his lingering resentment about how Ahsoka was treated by the Jedi Order.

I mean she still wasn't a Jedi in Rebels though, so something will go wrong and she won't rejoin.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
They aren't even trying to get her to rejoin is my understanding. They just kind of commission her to help out with the siege of Mandalore.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If i recall the arc they're going to do is literally before + during Episode 3. Ahsoka didn't return to the Jedi she was going after Maul for personal reasons and Anakin had Captain Rex and troopers sent to back her up for the Siege since he couldn't go himself.

Wiki write up of the full novel that extends well past what the cartoon will show: Ahsoka (novel)

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I had a spoilered post but since you guys are just gonna blab the whole thing I guess there's no point.

Anyway I guess I was wrong about this setting up a canon conflict with the events of Son of Dathomir, the events being described are straight out of the Ahsoka novel and take place shortly after the end of Son of Dathomir. I had assumed that them allowing her to carry lightsabers meant she was formally back with the Jedi.

Fadaar

That guy
I'd also like to think Anakin would send her on some bogus mission away from Republic space before Order 66 to save her. He'd chosen his path at that point but I'm sure he wouldn't want to hurt her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd also like to think Anakin would send her on some bogus mission away from Republic space before Order 66 to save her. He'd chosen his path at that point but I'm sure he wouldn't want to hurt her.

I realize people don't like to remember the prequels but that makes no sense at all. Anakin wasn't part of the Sith conspiracy.

Fadaar

That guy
Well he sure as shit didn't have any qualms about murdering kid jedi or going after Obi-Wan...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well he sure as shit didn't have any qualms about murdering kid jedi or going after Obi-Wan...

Yeah because of shitty writing. Anakin's turn to the dark side is something that could have had an entire trilogy dedicated solely to fleshing it out and making it believable. Instead he's that Krusty doll from the Simpsons Halloween special and Palpatine just flips the switch to evil. Straight from deeply conflicted to personally butchering younglings.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah because of shitty writing. Anakin's turn to the dark side is something that could have had an entire trilogy dedicated solely to fleshing it out and making it believable. Instead he's that Krusty doll from the Simpsons Halloween special and Palpatine just flips the switch to evil. Straight from deeply conflicted to personally butchering younglings.
Pretty certain that Palpatine spent a while turning him. It wasn't a flip switch, dude mind fucked anakin for some time and this fact was shown throughout the movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what man hasnt slaughtered a bunch of Yuenglings in their time?
Yuengling-Lager-cooler-six-pack-No.-1-craft-brewing-company.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if this is relevant but at Disneyland they now sell white and yellow kyber crystals in the lightsaber shop.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone should plot states with Best Buy locations closest to Popeyes and take bets on which will have videos from release day.