Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
probably because the poster is an ad for video games going on sale tomorrow, and there are no sequel games. or you know, just start making up bizarre conspiracy theories like usual.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagine being such a brain dead zombie consumer you continue to support such a shit company.

No Ray, no Fen, no Poe, no chubby Asian lady, no Ren, no Stimpy, no Jar Jar, no Pansexual Lando, no Fembot (Rogue One).

The poster looks good to me. If they had replaced the Bad Batch with the Mando fighting something, all would be well, as all the best Star Wars would be represented (I guess they missed rebels too). With none of the sequels and only Maul repping the prequels, it is about the best you can really hope for.

It's kinda weird that they also included Ventress, but they probably needed a dark side (female) force user to balance the poster. Maybe she is going to play a major part in the Asoka show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No Ray, no Fen, no Poe, no chubby Asian lady, no Ren, no Stimpy, no Jar Jar, no Pansexual Lando, no Fembot (Rogue One).

The poster looks good to me. If they had replaced the Bad Batch with the Mando fighting something, all would be well, as all the best Star Wars would be represented (I guess they missed rebels too). With none of the sequels and only Maul repping the prequels, it is about the best you can really hope for.

It's kinda weird that they also included Ventress, but they probably needed a dark side (female) force user to balance the poster. Maybe she is going to play a major part in the Asoka show.

To be honest if they promoted Finn it wouldn't bother me, knowing he's one of the few with balls that spoke out against this piece of shit sequel trilogy multiple times now. I consider him /OurGuys/

That was supposed to be a fun character and Ruin Johnson cut his entire arc and made him a token.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
probably because the poster is an ad for video games going on sale tomorrow, and there are no sequel games. or you know, just start making up bizarre conspiracy theories like usual.
Yeah it's not that the sequel trilogy isn't being suppoted by Disney, it's just that they haven't made sequel trilogy games because they aren't supporting it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The poster looks good to me.
The point is that they shit out 3 absolutely god awful movies, all of them a monumental fuck you to the fans yet people and Disney just moves forward like it never happened because they know the brain dead consumers will give Disney all their money regardless.

You people get what you deserve.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The point is that they shit out 3 absolutely god awful movies, all of them a monumental fuck you to the fans yet people and Disney just moves forward like it never happened because they know the brain dead consumers will give Disney all their money regardless.

You people get what you deserve.

Psh, I have never paid for a Star Wars movie or TV show outside of the cable/Netflix subscription that played them (or a rental from Blockbuster / borrowed DvDs from friends).

Additionally, it will take more than 1 poster and some Doomcock rumors to convince me that they are truly going to retcon away or disregard the sequels. Which, if true, I would consider the best outcome for the franchise, at this point.

Regardless, I don't care about Marvel, and I am not that heavily invested in Star wars, so I probably wont ever be a Disney+ subscriber (I have access now, through a friend, and I only watched Mando, and never touched it again).

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Force Awakens wasn't bad/shitty or even close. It was, however, an uninspired rehash of A New Hope. Rey isn't likeable but the first movie of the new trilogy wasn't dogshit. It just wasn't -that- much better than the prequels and not as good as the original trilogy movies.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Force Awakens wasn't bad/shitty or even close. It was, however, an uninspired rehash of A New Hope. Rey isn't likeable but the first movie of the new trilogy wasn't dogshit. It just wasn't -that- much better than the prequels and not as good as the original trilogy movies.
Force Awakens is OK but doesn't stand on it's own.

Some movies can have shitty sequels and still be classics. The Matrix is a good example, it stands alone. A New Hope could probably have had shitty sequels and would still be beloved

Some movies are enjoyable but don't have any longevity, however their sequels enchance them and give them that longevity by making the original be part of that story. A lot of MCU movies are like this, I'm thinking specifically Thor 1/2 in regards to Avengers/Thor 3.

If the sequels to Force Awakens delivered then we would be seeing that movie in a very different light, unfortunatly the sequels actually diminished the movie by discarding the plot points it set up.

It's the opposite of A New Hope which while it does stand alone, is enchanced by it's sequels which caused Star Wars to have it's legendary status.

Ryan Johnson is responsible for the largest financial loss in film history when you look at the potential Disney Star Wars had.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, Force Awakens isn't particularly good but it would be looked at very differently had the movies that came after it been better.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed TFA and Rogue One but everything else was utter garbage.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
imagine if lucas had the foresight to contract jj and everyone involved into a 3 movie trilogy deal and film back to back like LOTR

spronk

FPS noob

is that a real person? CGI i can't even tell lol

also Bad Batch starts today on D+

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Force Awakens is OK but doesn't stand on it's own.

Some movies can have shitty sequels and still be classics. The Matrix is a good example, it stands alone. A New Hope could probably have had shitty sequels and would still be beloved

Some movies are enjoyable but don't have any longevity, however their sequels enchance them and give them that longevity by making the original be part of that story. A lot of MCU movies are like this, I'm thinking specifically Thor 1/2 in regards to Avengers/Thor 3.

If the sequels to Force Awakens delivered then we would be seeing that movie in a very different light, unfortunatly the sequels actually diminished the movie by discarding the plot points it set up.

It's the opposite of A New Hope which while it does stand alone, is enchanced by it's sequels which caused Star Wars to have it's legendary status.

Ryan Johnson is responsible for the largest financial loss in film history when you look at the potential Disney Star Wars had.
yeah, it was OK. as in it wasnt offensive, it was just sort of there and you think you liked it because it promised so much to come in the sequels. its a typical JJ Mystery Box maneuver. its why we all loved Lost in the beginning and hated it by the end. its why we all loved the new Star Trek movie and hated it by the last one. you get excited by what could be in that mystery box and then when you see there wasnt anything in the mystery box you are pissed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Makes you wonder why he never put anything into the mystery boxes, he could have just copied fan theories.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
imagine if lucas had the foresight to contract jj and everyone involved into a 3 movie trilogy deal and film back to back like LOTR

It'd still be a heaping pile of shit, cause JJ is a fucking hack.

Fadaar

That guy

Doubtful unless they go way back in time, Ventress died about the same time order 66 happened

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Makes you wonder why he never put anything into the mystery boxes, he could have just copied fan theories.
he does the opposite, he thinks he is super clever and then fans who as a collective will always be much smarter, guessed that everyone in Lost was dead and that they were in purgatory. so JJ changed it just enough so he could say, "nuh uh", even though it was still purgatory. he got mad when everyone guessed that Khan was going to be in the Star Trek sequel, he even outright lied and said "nuh uh" and at the end of the day Khan was in the sequel. JJ is a little bitch and will always be. he hasnt opened the mystery box because the mystery box isnt supposed to be opened. you're just supposed to wonder about what could be inside it.

• 2Like

Cybsled

The new trilogy made money movie wise, but damaged the brand and didn’t really move much merchandise. Why would they invest more in an element that isn’t printing money?

Disney pushing the cartoons and TV shows makes sense because they hit on all 3 elements

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know they killed her in the comics, at least I think I remember that, but is Ventress being dead in modern canon or is it part of the retconned stuff? I would not mind them going more with her, she was pretty badass.