Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Chris

Potato del Grande

New writer has a few pretty good credits though. wrote Peaky Blinders, Taboo, Rogue Heroes, Eastern Promises.

Expectations still low.
Director is still a Pakistani feminist activist instead of a Director though lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Director is still a Pakistani feminist activist instead of a Director though lol.

Better hire a writer with relatively scant recent successes "Oh yeah, dat Eastern Promises was good 20 years ago".

He wrote some of dat "Leeky blinders", that was liked for a moment several years ago.

Someone that you can shove around, basically.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Wars is dead. nobody cares anymore. even the once great Mando/Baby Yoda show is dead. Kathleen Kennedy accomplished everything she wanted and will announce her retirement in April at that neckbeard fedora circle jerk they call Star Wars Celebration.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Star Wars is dead. nobody cares anymore. even the once great Mando/Baby Yoda show is dead. Kathleen Kennedy accomplished everything she wanted and will announce her retirement in April at that neckbeard fedora circle jerk they call Star Wars Celebration.

While Mando isn't quite hitting the same, it's barely mid-season. It could turn up. It does appear that brand trust has been squandered to a degree after Obi-Wan and Boba Fatt however.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
While Mando isn't quite hitting the same, it's barely mid-season. It could turn up. It does appear that brand trust has been squandered to a degree after Obi-Wan and Boba Fatt however.
The long wait between season 2 and 3 hurt. Plus there are binge watchers that wait for the whole season to be done to watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well when Thrawn shows up in the last episode of the season and they shit that up too. will you still believe this franchise isnt dead? perhaps Thrawn will be a bulldyke.

• 1Edgelord

Goatface

pretty sure, if thrawn shows up it will just setup the ahsoka series, which will probably just set up a movie or something else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
well when Thrawn shows up in the last episode of the season and they shit that up too. will you still believe this franchise isnt dead? perhaps Thrawn will be a bulldyke.
Welcome back Chuk.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Goatface

guest on midnight's edge said, they had made an offer to the person to play thrawn, but not accepted yet. Lars Mikkelsen was asked and he said something like, he would play thrawn but hasn't had any offers.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Reeks of a desperate replacement after a dustup ala what JJ went through during TFA. This says to me the Lindelof exit was more of a blow out-- not an actual mutual creative disagreement with respect.

Pretty sure that's what it is in 99.9% of cases.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Ah memories of “roid rage” Luke Skywalker from the 90s toy line

IMG_3829.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Pretty much. As long as "The Message" (WOKEanda forever!) is more important than the audience, Star Wars will continue to be garbage. As will the rest of the current Disney offerings.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
interesting if true, and probably get a lot more info on Star Wars day (may 4th)

1680834752789.png

mando s3 kinda sucks but i guess its better than all the other dogshit Star Wars has put out recently.

Let the live action Clone Wars begin!

I do wonder how it would start. Would it be a Mando + side chars + Ahsoka + ? team up against Thrawn movie, or a clone wars movie, or a Rebels movie, or ??

• 1I Came

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
interesting if true, and probably get a lot more info on Star Wars day (may 4th)

mando s3 kinda sucks but i guess its better than all the other dogshit Star Wars has put out recently.

I do wonder how it would start. Would it be a Mando + side chars + Ahsoka + ? team up against Thrawn movie, or a clone wars movie, or a Rebels movie, or ??
KK kinda screwed Favreau with the firing of Gina. He obviously had big plans for her this season. He had to rewrite around her missing.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 467798

Bad Batch isnt dogshit. The rest is horrible trash.

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
the budget for the SW series has got to be crazy low. it's like high school play level effects and stage. imagine if Favreau had big screen budget

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Star Wars is crippled and on life support, but andor proves to me it ain’t dead yet. Them fucking up season 3 of mando shows me that the people in charge just can’t learn their lessons from when they fuck up. They had a good thing and they just had to screw with it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Wars is crippled and on life support, but andor proves to me it ain’t dead yet. Them fucking up season 3 of mando shows me that the people in charge just can’t learn their lessons from when they fuck up. They had a good thing and they just had to screw with it.
it doesnt matter if Andor was quality, who gives a shit? nobody watched it and its going to be cancelled. Star Wars is dead.

• 3Edgelord
  • 1Like