Star Wars: Outlaws

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Exactly. Beyond good and Evil had a female Protag who was awesome to play in 2003. No one said a fucking thing. Why? Because she was solidly written before all these mental retards started with whatever agenda they think they are pressing.
I just want to know why they turned the voice/mocap actress
1.jpg
into
2.jpg

while Cal Kestis looks almost exactly like Cameron Monaghan in the EA games. It certainly isn't because Ubi doesn't have access to the same body/face scan studios. I will definitely have a good laugh if the woke mob realizes that they turned a Venezuelan actress into a white character and tears into Ubisoft for it.

And anyone who actually still wants to play this shit, at least save yourself some money and just sub to Ubi+ for a month. You'll still get the early access and whatever other crap comes with the $130 edition without giving Ubisoft any more than the minimum amount possible. If you're willing to subject yourself to this, you can even go play Avatar too for a second helping of the woke shit sandwich.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it is more of a sign the game is going to be full of gay/tranny shit with a lot of DEI points spread all over. I could be wrong, but that has been the Star Wars MO for the past several years. I get the feeling we are going to be beat of the head by multiple characters that she is female and a badass. Add in that it is a Ubisoft game it isn't a recipe for this being a good game.
"I don't even see the code. All I see is gay, woke, strong female."

All the signs are there like they're not even trying to hide the utter shit they're trthese days.

Like you said, Ubisoft's involvement is just the cherry on top.
975CA6411DFFB408AE0E581C9C19F5889C72B60C

For some reason they find it necessary to put a disclaimer on a historical fiction game pointing out their own fictional genders.
Ubisoft, SBI involvement, racist cunt CM with protected twitter, misandrist cunt lead writer whose work history includes Saint's Row 2022, deliberately uglied up MC, sounds like a recipe for success to me.
They went out of their way to hire someone who worked on Saint's Row 2022? Even their own kind couldn't get behind that trainwreck.

I just want to know why they turned the voice/mocap actress
View attachment 523965 into View attachment 524138
while Cal Kestis looks almost exactly like Cameron Monaghan in the EA games. It certainly isn't because Ubi doesn't have access to the same body/face scan studios. I will definitely have a good laugh if the woke mob realizes that they turned a Venezuelan actress into a white character and tears into Ubisoft for it.

And anyone who actually still wants to play this shit, at least save yourself some money and just sub to Ubi+ for a month. You'll still get the early access and whatever other crap comes with the $130 edition without giving Ubisoft any more than the minimum amount possible. If you're willing to subject yourself to this, you can even go play Avatar too for a second helping of the woke shit sandwich.
Attractive latinas are white-adjacent to woke retards.

Any excuses they try to pull about being unable to accurately capture the actress are complete bullshit when they already did this twelve years ago:
vaasfarcy3_610.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

yabbayabba

Peasant
This dude is pretty anti Disney so he already has a huge bias, but there is absolutely no reason to buy this game (unless you are a self hating white male cuck).

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I thought I might pick this up for my wife, but no way I'm paying for this crap.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Instead of Division 3 or more Division 2 expansions we get this swill?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

I think it's a damn shame of what our entire culture has become.

Star Wars was literally a license to print money, yet its become plagued with woke shit and trying to play into narratives and stereotypes....as opposed to just making a great movie or game.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
"I don't even see the code. All I see is gay, woke, strong female."

All the signs are there like they're not even trying to hide the utter shit they're trthese days.

Like you said, Ubisoft's involvement is just the cherry on top.
975CA6411DFFB408AE0E581C9C19F5889C72B60C

For some reason they find it necessary to put a disclaimer on a historical fiction game pointing out their own fictional genders.

They went out of their way to hire someone who worked on Saint's Row 2022? Even their own kind couldn't get behind that trainwreck.

Attractive latinas are white-adjacent to woke retards.

Any excuses they try to pull about being unable to accurately capture the actress are complete bullshit when they already did this twelve years ago:
vaasfarcy3_610.jpg

There is a huge price to pay to use an actor face with voice and performance in the game VS only using his performance with voice. Also it could be simply that the directors like the voice and energy of a person but not liking his face. Just like what they did with Peter Parker spiderman on PS4 and PS5.

Troy Baker played Pagan Min in FC4. They don't look much alike and I do think that the result was pretty good.

The actors faces was used in FC5 (Greg Bryk) and FC6 (Giancarlo Esposito) . It worked pretty well and it does give the best result since you can transfer the performance to the face 1 to 1. The animators also have the video of the capture and use it has reference. I'm pretty sure that is more costly.

In the end it could be a money or Art Direction question.

yabbayabba

Peasant
There is a huge price to pay to use an actor face with voice and performance in the game VS only using his performance with voice. Also it could be simply that the directors like the voice and energy of a person but not liking his face. Just like what they did with Peter Parker spiderman on PS4 and PS5.

Troy Baker played Pagan Min in FC4. They don't look much alike and I do think that the result was pretty good.

The actors faces was used in FC5 (Greg Bryk) and FC6 (Giancarlo Esposito) . It worked pretty well and it does give the best result since you can transfer the performance to the face 1 to 1. The animators also have the video of the capture and use it has reference.

So if they have a clean slate why make them ugly? This isn't the only game to only make the women ugly for whatever reason.

Vorph

If Alone in the Dark (2024) can afford David Harbour and Jodie Comer's faces, a Star Wars game with a vastly higher budget certainly could afford to scan a relatively unknown actress like Humberly Gonzalez.

The character is ugly because that's what western studios (especially ones that hire Sweetbaby to consult) do now.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
It's really hard to pull a female face and way harder to model a kid's face. Does not take much to make it feel off. From my experience everyone has tastes and everyone give you their feedback based on what they likes and as a modeller you can get lost easily.

I have no idea about that project and have not really looked much at the footage. Simply speaking from my past experience. The face could look great while modelling or animation but someone change something in the cinematic camera's focal and suddenly everything feels off. Could be many other reasons or multiple reasons stacked.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

It's really hard to pull a female face and way harder to model a kid's face. Does not take much to make it feel off. From my experience everyone has tastes and everyone give you their feedback based on what they likes and as a modeller you can get lost easily.

I have no idea about that project and have not looked much at the footage. Simply speaking from my experience. The face could look great while modelling or animation but someone change something in the cinematic camera's focal and suddenly everything feels off. Could be many other reasons or multiple reasons stacked.
I believe that's what happened with Courtney Hope's face in Control back in 2019. Remedy tried to make her look good, just as they did with her character in Quantum Break. And Jesse Faden actually did look good in everything besides the in-engine gameplay.

In 2024 though, when you're talking about a woke company that subcontracted an even more woke company run by lunatic cultists? Nah, fuck that... Occam's Razor is the only explanation you need.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I believe that's what happened with Courtney Hope's face in Control back in 2019. Remedy tried to make her look good, just as they did with her character in Quantum Break. And Jesse Faden actually did look good in everything besides the in-engine gameplay.

In 2024 though, when you're talking about a woke company that subcontracted an even more woke company run by lunatic cultists? Nah, fuck that... Occam's Razor is the only explanation you need.
I get the distinct impression H Heian is a true believer in IOOTI.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
What is a IOOTI?

I have been a character artist for quite some time. Started on PS1 and N64 games. Making games is exponentially more complicated to make today and I have probably have seen it all.

Just wanted to give my insight. From the point of view from someone that simply does his best with guideline, timeline and budget that is allowed to us.

As for the consulting company everyone is speaking about. I learned about it 3 weeks ago when there was an article in the local journal and some co-worker explained it to me. I just looked at the list released of games they were consulted. Non of the games I worked on are on the list. Might explain why I have never heard of them prior to that.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm

The actors faces was used in FC5 (Greg Bryk) and FC6 (Giancarlo Esposito) . It worked pretty well and it does give the best result since you can transfer the performance to the face 1 to 1. The animators also have the video of the capture and use it has reference. I'm pretty sure that is more costly.

Just going off of those examples from Ubisoft, I have my doubts that the "AAAA" company would skimp on 1:1 motion capture, especially for their big Star Wars game.

Art direction, however, I can at least buy. Just my opinion, but I wish that all of these game companies would eschew the 1:1 recreations of recognizable actors outside of established characters because it completely removes any immersion, e.g. the bug-eyed woman in every other game.

Nevertheless, I'm leaning towards what Vorph said about Occam's Razor given all of the parties and interests involved. We're nowhere near out of the fire with culture crusaders infecting everything they touch. I mean, the newest Tomb Raider literally has a fat, black, disabled woman on the cover art.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i know its pointless arguing with dogmatic people like you but i literally knew nothing about the game until this trailer, i just assumed a star wars bounty hunter open world RPG game where you play as a lando/han solo kinda guy - Jedi Fallen Order RPG with a non jedi. that seems like the obvious move after the success of the two jedi games. only after the trailer i realized you play as an ugly chick, its filled with powerful womyn, microtransactions, early access, and all the other ubi shit. so yeah, no loss, won't buy now.

i guess i'm just a positive person and assume things are good but i don't spend money blindly, i just don't go out and hunt for things to get mad about. game looks like its mid, thats fine, i don't care, not gonna spend my money. i don't get mad about it or care what other people do.

If you think people have to hunt for woke shit to get mad at, you probably don't "go out" much.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think it's a damn shame of what our entire culture has become.

Star Wars was literally a license to print money, yet its become plagued with woke shit and trying to play into narratives and stereotypes....as opposed to just making a great movie or game.

Perhaps if people were taught the dangers of communism over the past 70 years, we would have had a chance at preventing it. Alas.

• 1Like