Star Wars Rebels

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Guessing it's safe to assume that the final episode will be the assault on Scarif?

its not clear if anyone outside of hera and chopper make it to Scarif. I would assume Kanan and Ezra definitely do not.

Fadaar

That guy
Very true. I could see Kanan and Ezra wandering off into exile for the same reason Yoda and Kenobi did, which would be to avoid drawing the attention of Palpatine/Vader/the Empire and leading them to the Rebels. Sabine and Zeb are the real question marks IMO. Pretty sure the Mandalorians (the "good" ones) get demolished prior to ANH. Would be interesting, and especially dark, if they have that as part of this series with Sabine going down with them. Thrawn would be the perfect villain for it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Guessing it's safe to assume that the final episode will be the assault on Scarif?

Nope. Filoni said in an interview right after SWC that he wished it was something they could include in the show but that it won't be a part of the final season.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I dont think they can get away with not showing what happens to Ezra/Kanan. The purge has to be complete in order for the main movies to make sense.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I really hope it doesnt ambiguously like it did with Ahsoka and they have a clear fate for them both.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
They could always go the Kyle Katarn route and they could give up the force. Doubtful though. I still think Zeb, Kanan, and Ezra are going to go to New Lasan in the 'maw' to hide with Hera and Chopper being the only ones to know how to get through.

Royal

Them going "home" with Zeb is certainly a plausible way to have them live and explain their absence in the time period that follows but at the same time it cheapens the established relationships between the various team members, particularly Hera and Kanan. Being a kid's show they haven't focused on it, especially since S1, but those two are lovers. Kanan just deciding he doesn't want to play with the Rebellion anymore and leaving Hera behind isn't in keeping with his character.

Now if they were to take Zeb home for some reason and some sort of circumstance prevented them from returning that's a different matter but there is still a limbo element at play there.

Royal

Names and dates for some of S4 are out:

• 01-02 Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1 & 2 (15. Oktober 2017)
  • 03-04 In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1 & 2 (22. Oktober 2017)
  • 05 The Occupation (29. Oktober 2017)
  • 06 Flight of the Defender (29. Oktober 2017)

Looks like we're getting a lot of two-fors, which is how they did Freemakers this past season (sometimes they'd release as many as 4 new eps in weekend).

Royal

While I've enjoyed the show for me last season really began to demonstrate that Filoni has almost tapped this one out story wise. It had a few really good episodes that were sandwiched between a lot of what was starting to feel like infiltration/mission of the week sort of fare. I think he's done about as much as he can with these characters, set in this time period, and in a show aimed at it's specific demo. It really is time to move on.

Though I may end up being bummed with you after it's over depending on what they decide to replace it with.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I think the animated series are the way to go if you want to tell classic timeline stories. It's easier to stomach an animated Leia or Tarkin than the CGI versions. I like the Rebels format of a group of characters we don't know who run into known characters as the story progresses.

Royal

That's certainly true but all the same I hope the new series isn't set in that time period. Narratively it's too constraining. Especially if your central characters are going to be close enough to all of the familiar events to actually run into significant figures like Leia. And I don't wanna go through another series where I have to listen to constant speculation about this or that character dieing because they weren't around at the time of X movie.

If they're hell bent on being able to tie in familiar faces from the OT then they should consider setting it in the time period between the end of RoTJ, or even the end of the Galactic Civil War, and TFA. That's a relatively wide open field for them to explore in a series without having to worry about butting up against one of the movies.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They are leaving a 30 year gap between the Battle of Jakku (~1 year after ROTJ) and TFA that nobody is allowed to touch.

For now, anyway.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are leaving a 30 year gap between the Battle of Jakku (~1 year after ROTJ) and TFA that nobody is allowed to touch.

For now, anyway.

Thought they had a trilogy of novels that dealt with some of that time.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
the Aftermath trilogy ends at the Battle of Jakku, but there there are novels that count in that period now, at least the Bloodlines novel is.