Star Wars Rebels

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"How have you people stayed alive so long??" <--- I laughed. Plot armor is a powerful defense.

Also If I were Mon Mothma and I had exactly 2 'Jedi' in my arsenal I think I would be much more judicious about their usage. Then again we don't have people going 'holy crap its a Jedi!!' whenever the lightsabers come out so perhaps the Jedi remnants are not quite as extinct as Tarkin's propaganda would make you think.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah really. One of the crew shoulda replied "We're rated TV-Y7 ... and Dave really loves us."

Royal

Kindred : Very good episode, maybe the best of the season so far. Very mystical and Lotal seems to be more important in the scheme of the force than just having a jedi temple. And it looks like they might be setting up the majority of the team remaining on Lotal (and perhaps never leaving).

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Having Rukh show up this week was a pleasant surprise. I had not seen any of the talk about him coming in as part of S4 so did a triple take when he came out of the shuttle.

Royal

Yeah they announced he'd be showing up back during Star Wars Celebration. Warwick Davis voices him but they've modulated his voice so much you can't really tell it's him.

Royal

X-wings!!!

I'm guessing that spec data on Thrawn's new TIE convinced the Rebellion they needed some thoroughbreds for the mid-season finale.

Royal

This was a really good episode in some ways but as mid-season finales go was a bit lacking.

A rare Hera-centric ep with Rukh also shining a bit and Thrawn getting another convincing win. But it comes off as a bit of a contrivance to cliffhang Hera's capture over the mid-season break and, given that we know she survives the series, a weak one at that.

The Loth wolves continue to confound. They're putting them to good use to add a sense of mystery to the show. It's looking more and more that they are specifically associated with Kanan somehow. Maybe harbingers of his eventual death.

And Sato's nephew finally shows back up. I guess Filoni got tired of everyone calling that shitty Iron Squadron episode a throwaway.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
the longer this goes, the more I'm sure Hera is the main character. She is the fucking shit. (props to Sabine and Kanan also tho)

Royal

Ezra is supposed to be the main character. DisneyXD as a channel is targeted to young boys and Ezra is the character that most should readily identify with. But he's had no consistent progression as a character. The series has focused so much on tying up the loose ends left over from the cancellation of The Clone Wars that he's been treated as a side character far too often and they make him into whatever they need him to be for a particular episode. As a result he's all over the place development wise.

The series is currently set less than a year before the events of A New Hope and Ezra is the exact same age as Luke (they were born 2 days apart) and has been a guerilla fighter for almost 4 years now. He fluctuates between acting the way you'd expect someone with his experiences to behave and acting like he's still 12 years old.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Of course General Syndula is the main character! Its a show about her Rebel cell and the buildup to the full Rebellion.

All kidding aside it does feel as though the show made an unconscious shift away from Ezra after the first season. He was clearly the POV character in the pilot and afterwards has been much less so. She, Rex and Chopper are the only ones we know survive through the original Trilogy so she could easily be part of a 'between ROTJ and TFA' period series.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In the first part of the season when they turned ezra into a full blown jar jar binks character, I figured they'd changed his role.

Fadaar

That guy
Of course General Syndula is the main character! Its a show about her Rebel cell and the buildup to the full Rebellion.

All kidding aside it does feel as though the show made an unconscious shift away from Ezra after the first season. He was clearly the POV character in the pilot and afterwards has been much less so. She, Rex and Chopper are the only ones we know survive through the original Trilogy so she could easily be part of a 'between ROTJ and TFA' period series.

Where did they confirm Rex makes it to the end of ep 6?

Royal

The series resumes on Feb 24th.

The names and descriptions for the first 2 episodes are out and they are major league spoilery, so be warned.

"Jedi Night” – S4E10 Airing Feb 24, 2018
The Ghost Crew infiltrates the Imperial headquarters on Lothal to save one of their own.

“DUME” – S4E11 Airing Mar 03, 2018
Reeling from a devastating loss, the Ghost crew rallies together to find a new purpose and resolve.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
The series resumes on Feb 24th.

The names and descriptions for the first 2 episodes are out and they are major league spoilery, so be warned.

"Jedi Night” – S4E10 Airing Feb 24, 2018
The Ghost Crew infiltrates the Imperial headquarters on Lothal to save one of their own.

“DUME” – S4E11 Airing Mar 03, 2018
Reeling from a devastating loss, the Ghost crew rallies together to find a new purpose and resolve.

Hmm...

Bye bye Kanan? He and Ezra really are the most expendable of the bunch story wise at this point. Sabine/Zeb can always wander back off to their homeworlds prior to the OT starting, and Chopper can just putz around with Hera. We know Hera lives through the end of the OT via official Disney YouTube videos so nothing can happen to her.

Royal

Based on 2:04 ... we're gettin' some Mortis flavor.

edit: Second half of the season air dates. Looks like the series finale is gonna be a 3-parter.

Last edited: